Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PlayStation Classic's full list of 20 games includes GTA & Metal Gear Solid (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256803)

Evil Avatar 10-29-2018 08:34 AM

PlayStation Classic's full list of 20 games includes GTA & Metal Gear Solid

Quote:

Announcing PlayStation Classic’s Full Lineup of 20 Games

For all of us at PlayStation, it was so exciting to see the positive response from the community to last month’s PlayStation Classic announcement. Today we are happy to reveal the entire lineup of the 20 games that come pre-loaded on the console when it launches in the U.S. and Canada on December 3.

We previously highlighted five fan-favorites – Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms. Here’s the full list of titles that fans can now look forward to playing:

• Battle Arena Toshinden
• Cool Boarders 2
• Destruction Derby
• Final Fantasy VII
• Grand Theft Auto
• Intelligent Qube
• Jumping Flash
• Metal Gear Solid
• Mr Driller
• Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
• Rayman
• Resident Evil Director’s Cut
• Revelations: Persona
• Ridge Racer Type 4
• Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
• Syphon Filter
• Tekken 3
• Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
• Twisted Metal
• Wild Arms

PlayStation Classic offers these 20 amazing games, two controllers, and many hours of fun. If you haven’t pre-ordered already, visit PlayStation.com for availability in your region.
blog.us.playstation.com

Enough goodies to make you take the plunge? Unlike the Atari 2600 flashback systems, I don't think I would play enough of these to make it worth the $99.

Evil Avatar 10-29-2018 08:34 AM

Meusli 10-29-2018 08:55 AM

Not many games on there that make it worth it I'm afraid and a few of the good ones I already own on PC.

Games I would have wanted are:

Legacy Of Kain
Tony Hawks
Resident Evil 3
Gran Turismo
Silent Hill<-- This one alone would have made it worth it.
Wipeout

Mozgus 10-29-2018 09:16 AM

Really thought for sure Twisted Metal 2 would have been the pick. TM1 didn't really blow the world up. And Persona 1 is definitely an odd one for the states. Maybe some weebs would be curious but it does not hold up well and it's extremely different from the later titles.

Evil Avatar 10-29-2018 10:44 AM

Yea, I agree that it is pretty much criminal that Silent Hill is missing.

VideoMike101 10-29-2018 10:59 AM

No Tenchu!

Scherge 10-29-2018 11:20 AM

The few snippets of "Rayman" and "Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo" show the difference between vector- and pixel-based games quite nicely. The former simply don't hold up after 20 years and 3 console generations, while you can still look at the latter without going blind. There are a bunch of interesting games here, but unless you're a historian, most are simply not worth replaying.

Also, as Mozgus said: Some weird first entries - "Destruction Derby", "Battle Arena Toshinden", "Twisted Metal" and (supposedly) "Syphon Filter" all had superior sequels. I'm really surprised none of the "WipEout" games made the cut, but maybe Psygnosis/Sony lost the music rights...

karaliusbronius 10-29-2018 12:01 PM

Great list! I'm looking forward to it!

smgalia 10-29-2018 12:05 PM

You had me at Destruction Derby.

Chimpbot 10-29-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smgalia (Post 2523479)
You had me at Destruction Derby.

They had me at Intelligent Qube.
Scrounging eBay, you'd be paying nearly half the cost of the PS Classic for a complete version of this game by itself, in most cases.

Mozain 10-29-2018 01:03 PM

This is a sad sad list.

ElektroDragon 10-29-2018 02:34 PM

You had me at Mr. Driller.

But actually.... not sure I can justify this.

Wizzkidd 10-29-2018 04:28 PM

Twisted Metal 2 would've swayed me more. Also as others have said Silent Hill.

Damn, I don't think I'll end up getting this after all. We'll see.

NESter the Unlikely 10-29-2018 06:23 PM

FWIW PSOne is one of the best-emulated consoles in existence, better even than SNES. Mednafen for PSOne is essentially perfect, some argue even more perfect than the real hardware (don't ask me to quantify that claim). Just throwing it out there, I know people are still going to buy it no matter what I say.

Rommel 10-29-2018 09:05 PM

Fantastic list with a glaring omission: Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Are there other games I would prefer there, over some of the more niche titles? Of course! But SotN is one of the defining titles for the PSX, more so than Chrono Trigger was for the SNES.

SouljaOfChrist 10-29-2018 09:12 PM

Intelligent cube is F'ing awesome!

Terran 10-29-2018 09:13 PM

Shouldn't have preloaded games. Should include digital credit for 20 downloadable games of your choice. Make the damn system worthwhile for your fans, you idiots.

Evil Avatar 10-29-2018 10:55 PM

This just makes me want an Atari Flashback or a C64 mini that isn’t mini. I would love a C64 with HDMI output and the full size C64 keyboard.

Chimpbot 10-30-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2523513)
Shouldn't have preloaded games. Should include digital credit for 20 downloadable games of your choice. Make the damn system worthwhile for your fans, you idiots.

I like this idea, but not all of these titles are available in the US Playstation digital shop. Ideally, 20 preloaded games with the ability to legitimately add more would be perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2523509)
Fantastic list with a glaring omission: Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Are there other games I would prefer there, over some of the more niche titles? Of course! But SotN is one of the defining titles for the PSX, more so than Chrono Trigger was for the SNES.

Considering Castlevania: Reqieum just came out four days ago...I'm guessing Konami didn't want to bundle one of their most-beloved titles for "free".

vivafletcher 10-30-2018 10:45 AM

I still have my PS3 and it plays all these games. Plus anything else I want to play from that era.

It's a pass for me, but more power to those who like it.