Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fallout 76 Official Live Action Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256822)

Evil Avatar 10-29-2018 08:10 PM

Fallout 76 Official Live Action Trailer
 


The Appalachian Wasteland comes alive in the official live action trailer for Fallout 76 - available worldwide on November 14th.

brandonjclark 10-29-2018 10:12 PM

I just love live action trailers.... ugh.

Anyways, I think that the game will actually be probably pretty good, and the presentation is always great with Bethesda.

I might actually pick this up for launch.

Chimpbot 10-30-2018 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2523519)
I just love live action trailers.... ugh.

Anyways, I think that the game will actually be probably pretty good, and the presentation is always great with Bethesda.

I might actually pick this up for launch.

I'm kind of in the same boat, actually. For one reason or another, my interest has been slowly gathering for this title; it's gone from "General Apathy" to "Fuck it, maybe I'll pick it up".

Realistically, I'll probably just toss it on my Christmas wishlist and hope someone buys it for me.

walstib 10-30-2018 07:27 AM

wouldn't it be nice...

...if the game actually looked like that

-

Dag-Sabot 10-30-2018 07:33 AM

Did you watch some of the beta play throughs? It looks like a janky fallout 4 DLC.

Evil Avatar 10-30-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2523538)
I'm kind of in the same boat, actually. For one reason or another, my interest has been slowly gathering for this title; it's gone from "General Apathy" to "Fuck it, maybe I'll pick it up".

Realistically, I'll probably just toss it on my Christmas wishlist and hope someone buys it for me.

I think the more I see of this title, the less interested I am. It just feels like it wants to be a Fallout game and instead it's just a bad Fallout Mod. Like someone found some leftover multiplayer hooks in Fallout 3 and decided to go from there.

Meusli 10-30-2018 09:26 AM

No NPC's either make me question what on earth there is to do in this game apart from resource hunt and die over and over again.

Evil Avatar 10-30-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meusli (Post 2523550)
No NPC's either make me question what on earth there is to do in this game apart from resource hunt and die over and over again.

How can there be any storyline or quests without NPC's? That just doesn't make any sense.

Meusli 10-30-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2523551)
How can there be any storyline or quests without NPC's? That just doesn't make any sense.

It's madness I tell ya, madness.

koorb 10-30-2018 02:57 PM

The live action trailer although not original (Call Of Duty have been doing them for years) is nice, but I am not sure if it feels very much like Fallout or has the same kind or level of comedy.

Terran 10-30-2018 04:02 PM

Terrible trailer. Just terrible. Horrible musical selection as well. Just bad all around.

Mad Max RW 10-30-2018 06:51 PM

I like how their idea of "beta testing" is giving the full 50GB game to people who preordered, but you can only play for 2 hours inside a specific window. Also if you click to install it automatically deletes everything forcing you to download all 50GBs again before they close testing.

LostToys 10-30-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2523551)
How can there be any storyline or quests without NPC's? That just doesn't make any sense.

You find recordings and computer terminals that you can play and interact with.

I wouldn't be surprised if they started to slowly add NPCs in the game as it progresses, particularly after they allow for private servers, to keep the game feeling fresh over the course of the months and to entice single-player players to give the game a chance.

The Brotherhood of Steel, for example, would be an easily insertable NPC faction because they would pose a threat to anyone who tried to fuck with them, and they might as well be walking robots in their power armor.

Evil Avatar 10-30-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2523582)
You find recordings and computer terminals that you can play and interact with.

I wouldn't be surprised if they started to slowly add NPCs in the game as it progresses, particularly after they allow for private servers, to keep the game feeling fresh over the course of the months and to entice single-player players to give the game a chance.

The Brotherhood of Steel, for example, would be an easily insertable NPC faction because they would pose a threat to anyone who tried to fuck with them, and they might as well be walking robots in their power armor.

Thanks. I was probably going to skip this one anyway, because I've got Red Dead 2 and I never finished Fallout 4. My to-be-played pile is like 4 feet high.

vallor 10-31-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2523582)
I wouldn't be surprised if they started to slowly add NPCs in the game as it progresses, particularly after they allow for private servers, to keep the game feeling fresh over the course of the months and to entice single-player players to give the game a chance.

They could have done that from the beginning by making, ya know, a real Fallout game instead of some PvP bullshit bastardized version of post-apocalyptic A.R.K.

SpectralThundr 10-31-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2523613)
They could have done that from the beginning by making, ya know, a real Fallout game instead of some PvP bullshit bastardized version of post-apocalyptic A.R.K.

This. No thanks Bethesda, oh and btw bethsoft, think it's about time for an engine that doesn't suck.

Mad Max RW 10-31-2018 06:03 PM

So apparently there's a recurring bug that's been in every Bethesda game using their shit engine. A bug that normally isn't a big deal in singleplayer games. Except FO76 is online and this particular bug works as a built-in speed cheat. If you set your framerate/vsync to unlocked/off your movement speed doubles. Have fun.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 PM.