Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jumanji: The Next Level Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261364)

Evil Avatar 07-01-2019 07:05 AM

Jumanji: The Next Level Trailer

MavenACTG 07-01-2019 07:38 AM

Clever twist on the original. Story seems to lean in hard to the video game trappings and the potential it provides. Jumanji also seems to be the only generic adventure property available to Hollywood right now; no Romancing the Stone or Indiana Jones, etc.

Johnson and Hart must appreciate an opportunity to put some acting on display. When else could you honestly say that Dwayne Johnson gets to channel Danny Devito?

I won't see this, but I applaud the creative team for seeing the potential of the normal people embodying video game protagonists and exploiting it.

brandonjclark 07-01-2019 07:51 AM

I'm actually wondering why they even brought those guys into the mix. They could've built off of the character developments from the first one.

Also, I REALLY hope glover and devito aren't gay grandpas.

Booda 07-01-2019 08:23 AM

Woo hoo! Finally a movie coming out this year that I can't wait to fucking see.

Oh wait... nope, yet another piece of shit sliding out of the crack of Hollywood's ass. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2540366)
Johnson and Hart must appreciate an opportunity to put some acting on display. When else could you honestly say that Dwayne Johnson gets to channel Danny Devito?

I won't see this, but I applaud the creative team for seeing the potential of the normal people embodying video game protagonists and exploiting it.

The fuck are you talking about? I can't even begin to fathom how low the entertainment bar must be set for someone like you.

For the love of God... demand more, please.

SpectralThundr 07-01-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2540368)
Also, I REALLY hope glover and devito aren't gay grandpas.

Of course they are every movie/tv show/Sports cast/Podcast needs the gay in it. It's Hollywood mandated. This looks cringy as fuck btw.

excalibur1814 07-01-2019 11:45 AM

Will watch it on day 1 as I did like the first one. It's a shame that they have 'mixed' the characters but I'm sure that it'll still be 'fun'.

MavenACTG 07-01-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2540369)
Woo hoo! Finally a movie coming out this year that I can't wait to fucking see.

Oh wait... nope, yet another piece of shit sliding out of the crack of Hollywood's ass. :rolleyes:

The fuck are you talking about? I can't even begin to fathom how low the entertainment bar must be set for someone like you.

For the love of God... demand more, please.

I can't begin to fathom how low your civility bar is, what with how toxic, incurious, aggro, and entitled this response is.

I am sorry your entertainment needs are underserved by Hollywood. Perhaps you should look elsewhere for your entertainment.

Booda 07-01-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2540381)
I can't begin to fathom how low your civility bar is, what with how toxic, incurious, aggro, and entitled this response is.

I am sorry your entertainment needs are underserved by Hollywood. Perhaps you should look elsewhere for your entertainment.

I just call it how I see it.

I've never been one to panty waist it up for someone. ;)

PatrickRes9 07-01-2019 12:31 PM

#GetWokeGoBroke

Booda 07-01-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2540381)
Perhaps you should look elsewhere for your entertainment.

I'm just not someone who will willingly eat a shit sandwich & then say "please sir, can I have some more".

I vote with my wallet & then publicly express my enthusiasm or disgust. Whichever one is called for at the time.

Metal Jesus 07-01-2019 01:30 PM

The previous movie was surprisingly hilarious! This looks good too

Laz 07-01-2019 01:50 PM

My wife wanted to see the last one, so we did. It was better than I expected. I have no plans to see this one either, but if she wants too, I'll give it a try.

MavenACTG 07-01-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda
I'm just not someone who will willingly eat a shit sandwich & then say "please sir, can I have some more".

I vote with my wallet & then publicly express my enthusiasm or disgust. Whichever one is called for at the time.

How are you voting with your wallet on a trailer?

Let me change tact. What would you consider to not be a shit sandwich? Nolan films? Hollywood is Hollywood, but if you are having such a response to a film made for young children and families, I'm curious where your taste lies.

Skunk 07-01-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2540385)
I vote with my wallet & then publicly express my enthusiasm or disgust.

In this regard, for some reason you decided to be uncivil with someone who literally announced the same intent, and behaved in the exact same way you just declared.

Other than possibly disagreeing with his opinion that Hollywood was being creative and/or that watching the Rock do some acting is a good thing, there was nothing there to logically disagree with.

It's just clear you're being disagreeable because you enjoy the attention it gives you. With that said, I'm sure you won't be able to pass up the opportunity to respond to this post. After all, it seems like a direct attack on you right? Can't start panty-waisting now.

Inkabodcrane 07-02-2019 12:43 AM

I also am disappointed that they changed the cast (sort of). Like most here, meh, I'll see it if the Mrs. wants to or whatever. I'm sure I'll see it one way or another some day.

Juan 07-02-2019 04:43 AM

Only a complete fucking mug would pay money to see this lowest common denominator shit. Actually anyone who watches this garbage period is a cunt.

Inkabodcrane 07-02-2019 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 2540427)
Only a complete fucking mug would pay money to see this lowest common denominator shit. Actually anyone who watches this garbage period is a cunt.

Uh oh, we've got a tough guy here!!

A few people mentioned that if their wife wanted to watch it, they would. Are you saying that not only everyone here, but also their wives are c*nts? Such a brave badass.

Booda 07-02-2019 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skunk (Post 2540404)
In this regard, for some reason you decided to be uncivil with someone who literally announced the same intent, and behaved in the exact same way you just declared.

Other than possibly disagreeing with his opinion that Hollywood was being creative and/or that watching the Rock do some acting is a good thing, there was nothing there to logically disagree with.

It's just clear you're being disagreeable because you enjoy the attention it gives you. With that said, I'm sure you won't be able to pass up the opportunity to respond to this post. After all, it seems like a direct attack on you right? Can't start panty-waisting now.

What's your signature say shithead? :rolleyes:

Juan 07-02-2019 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane (Post 2540428)
Uh oh, we've got a tough guy here!!

A few people mentioned that if their wife wanted to watch it, they would. Are you saying that not only everyone here, but also their wives are c*nts? Such a brave badass.

Yeah that's about the size of it. But before saying that I'd question why anyone would marry someone with an IQ less than 50. They sound shady and probably shouldn't be allowed near schools or mental hospitals.

Inkabodcrane 07-02-2019 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 2540430)
Yeah that's about the size of it. But before saying that I'd question why anyone would marry someone with an IQ less than 50. They sound shady and probably shouldn't be allowed near schools or mental hospitals.

Well, alrighty then. Since we're not in person, I'll just refer to you, permanently, as the tough guy! Everyone steer clear of "Juan," he's not only a film connoisseur, but a rough and rugged bad boy! Like some kind of...Backstreet Boy!

Booda 07-02-2019 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2540403)
Let me change tact. What would you consider to not be a shit sandwich?... I'm curious where your taste lies.

MavenACTG 07-02-2019 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2540434)
Loqueesha

Now, why do you like this trailer?

MavenACTG 07-02-2019 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 2540430)
But before saying that I'd question why anyone would marry someone with an IQ less than 50.

Probably because their EQ was *off the charts.*

Evil Avatar 07-02-2019 07:04 AM

I saw the first one, but I was mostly playing Heroes of the Storm at the time, so I canít really tell you who was it in or what happened. So, Iíve got that going for me.

Something about the dog being named Indy and some face melting Naziís. Is that close?

Booda 07-02-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2540435)
Now, why do you like this trailer?

What? You said earlier that 'Jumangi 2: In a Jungle Groove' looks "creative".

If you believe that than this should come off as the equivalent of a Wes Anderson film to you.

MavenACTG 07-02-2019 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2540441)
What? You said earlier that 'Jumangi 2: In a Jungle Groove' looks "creative".

If you believe that than this should come off as the equivalent of a Wes Anderson film to you.

You didn't answer my question.

Booda 07-02-2019 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2540443)
You didn't answer my question.

You don't read in between the lines much do you?

MavenACTG 07-02-2019 07:41 AM

Are you incapable of answering, or do you not want to?

Booda 07-02-2019 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2540449)
Are you incapable of answering, or do you not want to?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/K5GBJMiko9RJe/giphy.gif

actusoul 07-02-2019 08:05 AM

I like Jack Black and his weekly youtube video. Jablinski Games. I will probably watch the film as a rental when its available. I prefer Quention Tarantino films etc but this one could be fun. It is what it is.

MavenACTG 07-02-2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2540451)

I honestly can't say I have ever seen anyone respond this way when asked why they like something. So you DON'T like the Loqueesha trailer?

Do you think I'm setting a trap? Because I think it's worse for you to be playing games when someone asks an earnest question.

Honestly dude, maybe a moment of self-reflection is in order. I know you're afraid on some level, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here if someone like you is occupying the same space as me and have made it clear you are rationalizing shitting all over me, unprompted, for expressing an opinion you don't like.

You're free to go. This was more about you than me, anyway.

SpectralThundr 07-02-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2540453)
I honestly can't say I have ever seen anyone respond this way when asked why they like something. So you DON'T like the Loqueesha trailer?

Do you think I'm setting a trap? Because I think it's worse for you to be playing games when someone asks an earnest question.

Honestly dude, maybe a moment of self-reflection is in order. I know you're afraid on some level, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here if someone like you is occupying the same space as me and have made it clear you are rationalizing shitting all over me, unprompted, for expressing an opinion you don't like.

You're really that obtuse and low IQ aren't you? Holy shit.

PatrickRes9 07-02-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't even bother. I think he's probably an alt of a regular. Look at the "guns blazing" avatar and how direct his attempts to stir the pot are.

Either way, I think he's a couple dozen fries short of a happy meal. I preach solidarity all the time here like a schmuck, but if someone just refuses to be civil, if you're still trying to have any semblance of a rational conversation, you may as well be selling vacuums in a desert.

MavenACTG 07-02-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2540467)
I wouldn't even bother.

I understand, for whatever reason, thought I would try and be nice for a change and offer to listen. Assuming it isn't a puppet account, I can understand why he wouldn't trust me and how the environment and other users (and myself, in the past and more than likely in the future) encourage that distrust.

But if I am the sucker here, and all this was a troll (My follow-up question would have been: What did you think of "Sorry To Bother You"?), then seems that account should be banned, no? He did a good job of hiding in plain sight and not revealing anything about himself, but I wouldn't call that anything to be proud of. It's an internet defense mechanism or a trolling tactic, take your pick.

But something about just how manufactured his performance was, where the other users seem authentically batshit and repetitive injecting their liberal / conservative framing and vocabulary into every discussion, I don't know. Maybe I'm getting better at seeing the performance for what it is.

God forbid Booda say something about himself or his interests that makes him susceptible to someone like Booda jumping on him.

Booda 07-02-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

I honestly can't say I have ever seen anyone respond this way when asked why they like something.

Then I gave you a new experience. You're welcome.

Quote:

So you DON'T like the Loqueesha trailer?
Careful there Sherlock, you're dangerously close to solving that mystery without getting your question answered.

Quote:

https://i.imgur.com/XyyBtz8.gif

Quote:

https://media.giphy.com/media/9usCxCBfLtwBy/giphy.gif

Quote:

https://i.imgur.com/cIytruS.gif

P.S. Did I make your list yet? ;)

P.S.S. Maybe you should contact a RED & see if you can get me banned for invading your safe space. :p

PatrickRes9 07-02-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2540468)
I understand, for whatever reason, thought I would try and be nice for a change and offer to listen. Assuming it isn't a puppet account, I can understand why he wouldn't trust me and how the environment and other users (and myself, in the past and more than likely in the future) encourage that distrust.

But if I am the sucker here, and all this was a troll (My follow-up question would have been: What did you think of "Sorry To Bother You"?), then seems that account should be banned, no? He did a good job of hiding in plain sight and not revealing anything about himself, but I wouldn't call that anything to be proud of. It's an internet defense mechanism or a trolling tactic, take your pick.

But something about just how manufactured his performance was, where the other users seem authentically batshit and repetitive injecting their liberal / conservative framing and vocabulary into every discussion, I don't know. Maybe I'm getting better at seeing the performance for what it is.

God forbid Booda say something about himself or his interests that makes him susceptible to someone like Booda jumping on him.

Possibly, but then how would you have any real dialogue with someone that is that thin skinned anyway. As an adult you learn to understand who you are, the good with the bad, and the fear of "putting that out there" diminishes greatly. Even if EvAv takes no prisoners, I've never believed in banning accounts or being afraid to be a bit personal and honest for that matter. In fact, it's more encouraging here in my mind for some reason. At least for me. I don't care if it's not "well received".

I have my doubts that he's worried too much about being genuine. But maybe I'm wrong. Either way, there are people, and probably even the majority here, that are genuine and will give you genuine response. I wouldn't do any account banning. I like that EvAv gives more room than most. I think that's important.

MavenACTG 07-02-2019 12:09 PM

So the whole exercise was personal and meant to attack me as a user. That's a stunning waste of time. Enjoy the Pyrrhic victory?

I have only PM'd one user and it was Evil. So, Evil, care to comment?

SpectralThundr 07-02-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2540470)
Possibly, but then how would you have any real dialogue with someone that is that thin skinned anyway. As an adult you learn to understand who you are, the good with the bad, and the fear of "putting that out there" diminishes greatly. Even if EvAv takes no prisoners, I've never believed in banning accounts or being afraid to be a bit personal and honest for that matter. In fact, it's more encouraging here in my mind for some reason. At least for me. I don't care if it's not "well received".

I have my doubts that he's worried too much about being genuine. But maybe I'm wrong. Either way, there are people, and probably even the majority here, that are genuine and will give you genuine response. I wouldn't do any account banning. I like that EvAv gives more room than most. I think that's important.

So let me get this straight, the guy asking admins ban people for not sharing his opinion, isn't the thin skinned one in this exchange? I want to like you Pat I really do, but some of the shit you come out with is so cringy it's difficult at times.

PatrickRes9 07-02-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2540472)
So let me get this straight, the guy asking admins ban people for not sharing his opinion, isn't the thin skinned one in this exchange? I want to like you Pat I really do, but some of the shit you come out with is so cringy it's difficult at times.

I wasn't talking about Maven or comparing them, Spec. In fact, I'm explaining, and did explain that I think he shouldn't be banned. I enjoy that people are NOT banned here.

Calling a spade a spade doesn't mean there aren't other spades out there.

And actually, I said the opposite of Booda. I said I DOUBT he's just thin skinned and afraid to be who he is. My opinion is that he's an alt/troll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2540470)
I have my doubts that he's worried too much about being genuine.

I think Maven is wrong if he thinks Booda is just "afraid to open up". He seems like a legitimate troll to me. It's direct and intentional. I'm guessing he's an alt, but I could be wrong on that part. But he's pushing that "say a bunch of hostile, shocking things, then wait until someone jumps on it so he can call them a snowflake" thing hard, all the time.

SpectralThundr 07-02-2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2540476)
I wasn't talking about Maven or comparing them, Spec. In fact, I'm explaining, and did explain that I think he shouldn't be banned. I enjoy that people are NOT banned here.

Calling a spade a spade doesn't mean there aren't other spades out there.

And actually, I said the opposite of Booda. I said I DOUBT he's just thin skinned and afraid to be who he is. My opinion is that he's an alt/troll.

I think Maven is wrong if he thinks Booda is just "afraid to open up". He seems like a legitimate troll to me. It's direct and intentional. I'm guessing he's an alt, but I could be wrong on that part. But he's pushing that "say a bunch of hostile, shocking things, then wait until someone jumps on it so he can call them a snowflake" thing hard, all the time.

Don't care if he's an alt or not, he's hilarious and spot the fuck on. At any rate I thought alts were against site rules, not that Anenome didn't have a half dozen of em to begin with.