Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Reaches 2 Million Concurrent Players on Steam (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248996)

Emabulator 10-11-2017 03:16 PM

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Reaches 2 Million Concurrent Players on Steam

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues to grow, toppling milestone after milestone. It's left Dota 2--and everything else on Steam--in the dust in terms of players, and today it became the first game ever to top 2 million concurrent players on the platform.

Steam's stats page highlights both the current number of players online in a game at any time, as well as its daily peak. Since it first surpassed Dota 2 back in August, PUBG has gone on to break the all-time Steam record for concurrent players. 2 million looked likely recently, and now that record now stands at 2,016,498, as of this writing--though you can probably assume that won't last for long. The figure has increased several times just in the course of this story being written. According to SteamDB's unofficial figures, PUBG sales stand at about 15.6 million copies.

Terran 10-11-2017 04:30 PM

In other news, 13.6 million people own the game and were concurrently not playing it. :D

hurstshifter 10-11-2017 09:05 PM

I avoided this game for many months, writing it off as another crappy big map shooter. Picked it up about a week ago and have been playing for several hours every night. Duo mode is a lot of fun with a friend, and I really haven't experienced any network or gameplay issues. Admittedly, even though I'm running a decent graphics card (GTX 1060) I keep all the graphical settings turned down to very low aside from draw distance and textures. This seems to be a consensus amongst players right now.

Rommel 10-12-2017 12:21 AM

Grabbed this for 4205Joe and I. After a few rounds, lasting to the final five in a few of them, we came up for two words to describe the game quickly:
1. Tense
2. Boring

You either start all alone and spend the remainder of the match going from outpost to outpost, hoping for better weapons than you have or in the thick of a group, hoping you find a gun first and can actually kill them. The latter may sound more fun but usually results in dying without a chance, sending you back to the loading screen for a thirty seconds of lobby wait, another twenty seconds of flight and ten seconds of skydiving to, again, not get to play.

blackzc 10-12-2017 09:54 PM

Does anyone else get an uneasy feeling while playing these types of 1 vs all games? Every time i loaded up Day Z/King Of The Hill i felt like crap when i turned it off. Defiantly tense though, some of the players are excellent trash talkers.

Augustgold 10-14-2017 01:12 AM

I just don't spend the point, you spend hours avoiding people so that you can get into the top ten, then get killed by somebody you couldn't see; It goes like this every time. The only point in playing a game like this is for the few moments you get where you do something that you could never replicate in a heartbeat which are hours apart.

Augustgold 10-14-2017 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Augustgold (Post 2495413)
I just don't spend the point, you spend hours avoiding people so that you can get into the top ten, then get killed by somebody you couldn't see; It goes like this every time. The only point in playing a game like this is for the few moments you get where you do something that you could never replicate in a heartbeat which are hours apart.

*I just don't see the point.

Augustgold 10-14-2017 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2495306)
Does anyone else get an uneasy feeling while playing these types of 1 vs all games? Every time i loaded up Day Z/King Of The Hill i felt like crap when i turned it off. Defiantly tense though, some of the players are excellent trash talkers.

Here's the problem, you're technically not allowed to trash talk, "excessive swearing or verbal abuse is not permitted". Be wary! There are 9 year olds playing this game!