Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Capcom Announces Mega Man 11 and Re-Releases for All Eight Mega Man X Games (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250181)

Emabulator 12-04-2017 04:17 PM

Capcom Announces Mega Man 11 and Re-Releases for All Eight Mega Man X Games

Eurogamer has the story.

Quote:

In a frenzy of Mega Man-themed merriment, Capcom has unveiled a brand-new mainline series entry for the Blue Bomber in the form of Mega Man 11, re-releases for all Mega Man X games, and the long-awaited release of both Mega Man Legacy Collections on Switch.

All three announcements were made as part of Mega Man's 30th anniversary year, which begins this month and runs throughout 2018.

Capcom revealed Mega Man 11 - the first mainline series entry since 2010 - in a fun little video that walked the iconic character through 30 years of Mega Manning. That, it turns out, is whole lot of Mega Man when you factor in every core series entry, plus the X, Zero, ZX, Legends, Battle Network, and Star Force games.

Capcom's big blue blast of nostalgia concluded with the first look at Mega Man 11 - which, based on its debut showing at least, sticks to the series' traditional side-scrolling, action-platforming roots, albeit with a major visual overhaul.

Mega Man 11 ditches the classic retro sprites of previous games for a blend of hand-painted backgrounds and 3D character models. It's a style that's likely to be divisive among fans, but you can form your own opinions by watching the announcement trailer above. Mega Man 11 is due to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Switch late 2018.
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Emabulator 12-04-2017 04:17 PM

Emabulator 12-04-2017 04:21 PM

Watch the video. I think Mega Man 11 looks pretty cool. I'm glad Capcom ditched the retro look. There's plenty of good retro style games coming from indie devs. It's time for Mega Man to get pimped out.

Exodus 12-04-2017 04:34 PM

Remember when Capcom founded clover. Then thought innovation wasn't profitable enough and tried to absorb them back into the fold and tell them to create more sequels? Or that time a couple heads of capcom quit because they were developing 100% sequels?

Yeah.

Sensei-X 12-04-2017 05:18 PM

Looks better than Mighty No. 9, lol. Megaman's animation seems rather underwhelming though. Btw the real trailer starts at 3:41, all that crap at the beginning was rather tedious to watch.

blackzc 12-04-2017 09:27 PM

^Yeah it was.

Looks like it plays good but those graphics are so awkward.

Scherge 12-05-2017 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensei-X (Post 2500461)
Looks better than Mighty No. 9, lol. Megaman's animation seems rather underwhelming though. Btw the real trailer starts at 3:41, all that crap at the beginning was rather tedious to watch.

I found it enlightening. There was this stupefying number of Mega Man games up until Capcom basically just ditched the series in 2010. The demand for and existence of "Mighty No. 9" make a lot more sense to me now. Speaking of which: While MM11 does look a lot better than MN9, I find the main character model and animation in this trailer truly disappointing. Here's hoping that they're not final yet...

NESter the Unlikely 12-05-2017 05:05 AM

Music is not up to the old standard by a long shot. Animation is jarring. I'll just play one of the old MM games if I need a fix, there's only like a gazillion of them.

brandonjclark 12-05-2017 07:53 AM

Never liked MegaMan.

The pacing is too chunky and although I like that blue color I just never connected with this character.

ashikenshin 12-05-2017 08:06 AM

I only played the first 3 mega man games. Haven't bothered with the rest. Hopefully they fix the animations, they do look like crap.

JazGalaxy 12-05-2017 12:01 PM

Megaman is one of those things that, in my opinion, proves that better graphics often make things worse.

With any artistic communication, it's rarely the message that the communicator is sending that is important. The important thing is the message that the receiver receives. The receiver molds that communication into what they want to receive subconsciously. This can be hell in a relationship, but in art it means that the receiver creates the best possible version of that work of art in their mind, for them personally.

As Megaman has gotten more well realized and more highly detailed, he drifts further and further away from what I imagined him and his world to be like in my imagination when I first played the game. It might still be a great game, but this version of Megaman, the character, looks as poor to me as the rendering of him on the box art for Megaman 1.

JazGalaxy 12-05-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashikenshin (Post 2500503)
I only played the first 3 mega man games. Haven't bothered with the rest.

Then you've played all the Megaman games.

You Megaman X was good. And Megaman Battle Network is fantastic, but it's a strategy game.

Chimpbot 12-05-2017 12:07 PM

I'm psyched; its good to see Capcom actually acknowledge the character again.

31 Flavas 12-05-2017 01:34 PM

Oh boy :rolleyes: another game for "30+ year olds with the mentality of 6 year olds" and what surprise it's a platformer. Absolutely -zero- entertainment value. Game genres have progressed beyond such archaic gameplay types. And the graphics, it's 2017 for crying out loud.

brandonjclark 12-05-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2500525)
Megaman is one of those things that, in my opinion, proves that better graphics often make things worse.

With any artistic communication, it's rarely the message that the communicator is sending that is important. The important thing is the message that the receiver receives. The receiver molds that communication into what they want to receive subconsciously. This can be hell in a relationship, but in art it means that the receiver creates the best possible version of that work of art in their mind, for them personally.

As Megaman has gotten more well realized and more highly detailed, he drifts further and further away from what I imagined him and his world to be like in my imagination when I first played the game. It might still be a great game, but this version of Megaman, the character, looks as poor to me as the rendering of him on the box art for Megaman 1.

You've slowly become one of my favorite posters here, Jaz. Keep it up!

Exodus 12-05-2017 04:53 PM

I would have rather had a viewtiful joe hd and vj2 hd for pc announcement.

Would make way more money too.

JazGalaxy 12-05-2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31 Flavas (Post 2500532)
Oh boy :rolleyes: another game for "30+ year olds with the mentality of 6 year olds" and what surprise it's a platformer. Absolutely -zero- entertainment value. Game genres have progressed beyond such archaic gameplay types. And the graphics, it's 2017 for crying out loud.

Game genres don’t “progress”. There is no such thing. You mean , “there are other genres of games I like more than platformers. I wish capcom was making more of those.”

JazGalaxy 12-05-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2500533)
You've slowly become one of my favorite posters here, Jaz. Keep it up!

Thank you, sir. That means a lot.

31 Flavas 12-05-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2500547)
Game genres don’t “progress”. There is no such thing. You mean , “there are other genres of games I like more than platformers. I wish capcom was making more of those.”

Just fyi -- i'm channeling Spectral. It's all bullshit he blasts out of his ass. Next he'll come in here to tell me I have to live with his opinion and all and that I'm just being butthurt. :rolleyes:

Chimpbot 12-05-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31 Flavas (Post 2500549)
Just fyi -- i'm channeling Spectral. It's all bullshit he blasts out of his ass. Next he'll come in here to tell me I have to live with his opinion and all and that I'm just being butthurt. :rolleyes:

Echo chamber, just ignore it, deal with it.