Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Metroid: Samus Returns - Nintendo E3 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246224)

BeardedSonOfNel 06-13-2017 07:26 PM

Metroid: Samus Returns - Nintendo E3

https://s24.postimg.org/o163ye3hx/Me...t-_Nintend.jpg
Click the headline to watch the trailer.

Quote:

Metroid: Samus Returns is an action-packed, side-scrolling shooter which has been remade to include engaging and immersive 3D visuals and a rich, atmospheric color palette. Metroid: Samus Returns launches September 15, 2017.

BeardedSonOfNel 06-13-2017 07:26 PM

Rommel 06-14-2017 02:35 AM

Awesome, a new Metroid game! ...Why does it look like that?! It looks like an Adult Swim Double Fine game that never left Early Access. It looks like a point and click adventure title from the nineties except the user doesn't have a Voodoo2 card so he's using software mode. It looks like a scene from 1977's Raggedy Ann & Andy: A Musical Adventure, cut for being too disturbing for children in relation to the rest of the heartwarming and gentle film.

Scherge 06-14-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2485874)
Awesome, a new Metroid game! ...Why does it look like that?!

Well, that one's easy: It's on 3DS. Which begs the much more important question: Why is this not a multi-platform title? Maybe I've missed it, but where's Metroid for the Switch? Or, if we play the last-gen game, for the Wii U? And not to diss Mercury Steam, but... Does it feel like Japanese publishers hand them their brands if they don't expect a lot of sales? First "Castlevania" (that Konami ultimately wanted to get rid of), and now 2D Metroid...

ashikenshin 06-14-2017 08:24 AM

I feel this is one of those instances where 2d would have looked better. Or even 2.5.

Oh well, an excuse to play Metroid 2 again is good enough in my book.

Chimpbot 06-14-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scherge (Post 2485906)
Well, that one's easy: It's on 3DS. Which begs the much more important question: Why is this not a multi-platform title? Maybe I've missed it, but where's Metroid for the Switch? Or, if we play the last-gen game, for the Wii U? And not to diss Mercury Steam, but... Does it feel like Japanese publishers hand them their brands if they don't expect a lot of sales? First "Castlevania" (that Konami ultimately wanted to get rid of), and now 2D Metroid...

Metroid for the Switch is...right here.

Metroid Prime 4: Coming Sometime.

NESter the Unlikely 06-14-2017 02:52 PM

Yawn, I'll be playing AM2R which, in addition to looking 10x better, is free.

31 Flavas 06-14-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Awesome, a new Metroid game! ...Why does it look like that?! It looks like an Adult Swim Double Fine game that never left Early Access. It looks like a point and click adventure title from the nineties except the user doesn't have a Voodoo2 card so he's using software mode. It looks like a scene from 1977's Raggedy Ann & Andy: A Musical Adventure, cut for being too disturbing for children in relation to the rest of the heartwarming and gentle film.

You know there is this thing called the PS Vita. It's so much better.

Rommel 06-15-2017 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scherge (Post 2485906)
Well, that one's easy: It's on 3DS.

The 3DS is not an excuse for it looking like this. It looks worse than the DS Metroid titles! It looks worse than AM2R. It looks worse than what came out of a pimple I found on my ass that had turned black with neglect and an over reliance on dark colored boxer briefs that I was forced to lance using my trusty abortion clothshanger and a zippo. It looks worse than Smash Samus did before she did that several month stint in rehab, getting her life back together after the crash and the heroin. It looks worse than any other game shown at E3 and it is unacceptable that we are discussing anything about this title other than how much worse it looks than everything else.

shadow763 06-15-2017 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31 Flavas (Post 2485982)
You know there is this thing called the PS Vita. It's so much better.

I am glad we are in agreement.

blackzc 06-16-2017 04:57 AM

Quote:

Mercurysteam....Wish nintendo had done it.