Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series - Episode One Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244817)

Emabulator 04-17-2017 12:36 PM

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series - Episode One Trailer

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2895/3...a4fec149_z.jpg

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Quote:

Prepare for interstellar adventure with Star-Lord and the rest of the crew in this sneak peek at ‘Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series’!

Emabulator 04-17-2017 12:36 PM

Pumped'Up 04-17-2017 12:43 PM

I regret blind buying the buy ray of the first film. Dumb.

Blog 04-17-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumped'Up (Post 2480438)
I regret blind buying the buy ray of the first film. Dumb.

Really? I *loved* the first film. My second favorite of the MCU films and hands down the most fun of the bunch.

Different strokes and all that, but just our of curiosity: What do you consider a fun super-hero/sci-fi movie? What were you expecting GotG to 'be like' when you went in blind?

Pumped'Up 04-17-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blog (Post 2480446)
Really? I *loved* the first film. My second favorite of the MCU films and hands down the most fun of the bunch.

Different strokes and all that, but just our of curiosity: What do you consider a fun super-hero/sci-fi movie? What were you expecting GotG to 'be like' when you went in blind?

Sorry, i shouldnt say its dumb, its just over the top silly. I thought the characters were uninteresting or poorly developed, and the heavy use of classic hit songs to story tell is lame. Then again, director Peter Gunn's repertoire has a general style of silliness which seems to be widely successful. I prefer Gareth Edwards and Zack Snyder films...

Mad Max RW 04-17-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumped'Up (Post 2480452)
Sorry, i shouldnt say its dumb, its just over the top silly. I thought the characters were uninteresting or poorly developed, and the heavy use of classic hit songs to story tell is lame. Then again, director Peter Gunn's repertoire has a general style of silliness which seems to be widely successful. I prefer Gareth Edwards and Zack Snyder films...

Three equally mediocre directors.

Phoenix1985 04-18-2017 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blog (Post 2480446)

Yeah, absolutely loved the first film. Seen some footage of the episode here and it was ok. Captured the feel of the movie, but unfortunately tied in with the Telltale model and engine.

Scherge 04-18-2017 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix1985 (Post 2480482)
Yeah, absolutely loved the first film. Seen some footage of the episode here and it was ok. Captured the feel of the movie, but unfortunately tied in with the Telltale model and engine.

Yeah, not even one second of this trailer showed actual gameplay. I guess "Thanos will remember that" doesn't make for gripping footage. :rolleyes:

Well, at least it looks okay.

Wizzkidd 04-18-2017 04:36 AM

I'm seriously tired of the Telltale format. I love Batman and couldn't get through that game even though I bought it. They just need a new engine and aesthetic and I'd be interested again, but for now I'm pretty much over it.

saulob 04-20-2017 05:27 PM

Why they do not look like the comic characters? Or even the cinematographic ones?

vallor 04-20-2017 10:19 PM

I don't think I can play this after having watched the MCU. The continuity would break the barrier of disbelief. Every time a character spoke it would be like someone dropping snow down the back of my shirt.

Like someone replacing Harrison Ford as Han Solo. Can it be done 20 years from now? Maybe, but sure as hell not right now.

And especially when the new movie is going to be seen and the difference between the MCU and the game timeline and characters and voices and events are going to be so stark. They may get a lot of sales but I wonder how many people are going to be disappointed the characters don't sound anything like what they sounded like in the movie and are going to wonder why this Thanos guy is such a badass it takes ALL these heroes of the MCU to beat him when the GoG does it in this one 5 part series.