Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Incredibles 2 Official Trailer #Incredibles2 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252905)

Evil Avatar 04-13-2018 09:52 AM

Incredibles 2 Official Trailer #Incredibles2

Watch the brand new trailer for Disney/Pixar's Incredibles 2, coming to theatres in 3D June 15!

Chief Smash 04-13-2018 12:04 PM

Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised but this just doesn't look like the sequel we were basically asking for back when it was actually warranted.

Terran 04-13-2018 01:12 PM

Oh boy, it looks like they've gone full on 'Bumbling stay-at-home dad' mode here. :facepalm: A completely unique plot device! :facepalm:

ashikenshin 04-13-2018 04:43 PM

Jurassic Park 2 all over again.

vallor 04-13-2018 05:19 PM

Silly people, stay at home dads can't raise kids right and here's another movie to prove it! Also they are all henpecked by their wives and their kids are all temperamental and moody and (stereotype) and (stereotype).

Still, looks like another hit for Pixar and Disney. I'll watch it and probably love every minute :)

JazGalaxy 04-13-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2510468)
Oh boy, it looks like they've gone full on 'Bumbling stay-at-home dad' mode here. :facepalm: A completely unique plot device! :facepalm:

To be fair, elastigirl was also somewhat of a bumbling stay-at-home mom. The Par's were in disarray. That was the arc of them film. They go from Par to Incredible... which is a pun I just realized while writing this paragraph.

Chief Smash 04-14-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2510492)
To be fair, elastigirl was also somewhat of a bumbling stay-at-home mom. The Par's were in disarray. That was the arc of them film. They go from Par to Incredible... which is a pun I just realized while writing this paragraph.

How was she a bumbling mom? I believe the writers were pretty clear in showing that, though she claimed she was never going to settle down, she actually did so and quite well. And Mr. Incredible, who wanted to settle down, had difficulty doing so.

makkura 04-14-2018 11:58 AM

the greater good ? I AM YOUR WIFE ! I'M THE GREATEST GOOD YOU ARE EVER GONNA GET !

Terran 04-14-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2510492)
To be fair

Fuck fairness. Life's not fair. I don't care about fair. I pointed out that they're using a tired old plot device of the bumbling stay at home dad, and it's really pathetic that's the best they could come up with after waiting over a decade for a sequel.

Hollyweird just isn't very creative, nor is it brave. It's predictable and tired.

They should have set it in Tibet and had a storyline about saving the Dalai Lama from Chinese agents, with Richard Gere as a new character's voice (maybe the Lama himself!). That would have been gutsy, and brave, and...dare I say it...creative and interesting.

JazGalaxy 04-14-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2510508)
How was she a bumbling mom? I believe the writers were pretty clear in showing that, though she claimed she was never going to settle down, she actually did so and quite well. And Mr. Incredible, who wanted to settle down, had difficulty doing so.

I’d have to rewatch it to get the specifics. But the fact that she wasn’t ace at parenting was part of the plot line. In general, women don’t like watching women who are too good at mothering. Or so it seems. They tend to like depictions of fallible mothering because it doesn’t make them feel attacked.

Mad Max RW 04-14-2018 04:56 PM

I remember enjoying The Incredibles and wanting a sequel. Then years went by and wondered why a sequel never happened. Now I see the trailer and wish it stayed that way.

ministryofwrath 04-14-2018 09:59 PM

yeah, wish this wasn't happening.

Funny enough it's almost like they hide the stay at home dad and empowered woman story elements, until right now.

Im so annoyed, almost everything has been destroyed by liberal mindsets in the entertainment world, even games aren't safe.

The last movie without a almost anti-liberal mind set was passengers, fantastic movie.

JazGalaxy 04-15-2018 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ministryofwrath (Post 2510528)

Funny enough it's almost like they hide the stay at home dad and empowered woman story elements, until right now.

That’s no conspiracy theory, that’s exactly what happens. I work in media and at the beginning of the year, most big industry design agencies put out hot sheets about what is going to be trendy for the year. “Women” has been top billing for about three years. Or, by extension, the downsizing of emphasis on male targeted media. These write ups do I take the way media goes from who is picked to be in media to what color their clothes are.

It’s supposed to be how people in media keep their ear to the ground on what is happening “on the streets”, but it winds up creating a frakenstein’s Monster of all media sharing the same voice.

Scherge 04-16-2018 04:02 AM

I'm not too worried about the movie at this point. From the trailer, it seems like a mirrored copy of the first film: Super family has to lay low, wife is tricked into working for a dubious agency (I don't think any serious super society would choose a stretching person over someone with super-strength, and if it was about PR and marketing, a couple would be way better), wife succeeds at first but gets into trouble soon, stay-at-home dad springs into action, brings the kids, everyone pushes their powers to new levels, they all drink lemonade, the end.

If the gags, action, timing and overall quality are on par with other Pixar productions, this is going to be highly entertaining. I do have to say that I'm not a fan of the parents' voices, especially Helen's. For some reason, it always sounded as if she was chewing on something while speaking, even in dramatic moments of the first movie ("Abort! Abort! Abort!")... :(