Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bigger is Better on the Weekend Boxoffice Chart #Rampage (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252934)

Evil Avatar 04-16-2018 11:15 AM

Bigger is Better on the Weekend Boxoffice Chart #Rampage

After a wobbly start, Dwayne Johnson muscled his way to a No. 1 opening for Rampage - but just barely. Close on its heels was the word-of-mouth sensation A Quiet Place in its second week in theaters, and not too far behind that was the Blumhouse horror Truth or Dare in a competitive weekend at the box office.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of April 13th to April 15th, 2018.
  1. Rampage $34.5/$34.5
  2. A Quiet Place $32.6/$99.6
  3. Truth or Dare $19.0/$19.0
  4. Ready Player One $11.2/$114.6
  5. Blockers $10.2/$36.9
  6. Black Panther $5.3/$673.7
  7. Isle Of Dogs $5.0/$18.4
  8. I Can Only Imagine $3.8/$74.9
  9. Tyler Perry's Acrimony $3.7/$37.8
  10. Chappaquiddick $3.0/$11.0
  11. The Miracle Season $2.1/$6.9
  12. Sherlock Gnomes $2.1/$36.9

vallor 04-16-2018 01:35 PM

I didn't get to the theater this weekend as I expected. I was going to watch Pacific Rim and A Quiet Place.

Instead I stuck close to home and watched a bunch of Lost in Space on Netflix instead. It isn't too bad but I'm only halfway through so far... Parker Poesy is doing probably one of the best characters she's ever played. I usually hate her and the characters she plays, something about her just gets under my skin, but at least this character is irritating in an entirely different way.

Major Dan 04-17-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2510606)
I didn't get to the theater this weekend as I expected. I was going to watch Pacific Rim and A Quiet Place.

Instead I stuck close to home and watched a bunch of Lost in Space on Netflix instead. It isn't too bad but I'm only halfway through so far... Parker Poesy is doing probably one of the best characters she's ever played. I usually hate her and the characters she plays, something about her just gets under my skin, but at least this character is irritating in an entirely different way.

Is she Dr. Smith? She is not a pretty women and I really dislike her character. Her intentions seem very clear, but nobody on the show can see it? But I am so tired of the stupid drama in shows, maybe because I am 50 and have been watching drama for so long it all seems so stupid to me, but I love the Geth, errr. robot in this, it is so cool. I guess I like what little action there is, but hate the stupid drama used as foil to the perfect Robinson family, minus the tension of the estranged Marriage, which is stupid too.

wunshot 04-17-2018 03:32 PM

I saw "A Quiet Place" recently, and I can't remember how long it has been since I walked out of a "horror" movie so completely satisfied. Great movie....Kind of like a mix between "I am Legend" and "Alien".

Whimbrel 04-17-2018 05:27 PM

We saw Rampage and I thought it was better than recent King Kong and Godzilla movies, but like Ready Player One, there were some casting decisions that were inexplicably bad.