Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights, more Coming to Console (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258675)

Evil Avatar 02-10-2019 10:05 AM

Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights, more Coming to Console

Quote:

Fantastic PC games such as Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and others are coming to consoles.

Skybound Games has announced enhanced editions of classic Dungeons & Dragons RPGS from Beamdog will be released on consoles.

This year, you can expect Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate 2, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights to arrive on PlayStation 4, Switch, and Xbox One.

Each will be released digitally and at retail.
VG247.

I may have to buy these again! I still have the strategy guides for Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment and I have the discs and cloth maps for Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 and Icewind Dale.

BeardedSonOfNel 02-10-2019 11:04 AM

Great games!

Terran 02-10-2019 11:49 AM

Baldur's Gate has already been on consoles twice, just not as a port of the original PC game(s). Both BG console games were amazing and are quite expensive to come by to this day.

I still have my copies, played the crap out of them, and loved them both. Amazing games, as were the PC versions.

Mad Max RW 02-10-2019 11:55 AM

I'm still waiting on remasters for Darksun: Shattered Lands and Darksun: Wake of the Ravager. They were the best Dungeons and Dragons CRPG's until Temple of Elemental Evil.

Azrael 02-10-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2530472)
I'm still waiting on remasters for Darksun: Shattered Lands and Darksun: Wake of the Ravager. They were the best Dungeons and Dragons CRPG's until Temple of Elemental Evil.

OOOOOO i remember Darksun! That game was awesome.

paragondk1 02-11-2019 04:00 AM

Quote:

Still hold up. I played one as recently as last year. :)

Metal Jesus 02-11-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Oh man, that would be awesome!!

vallor 02-11-2019 01:04 PM

I remember the Darksun games being pretty good, though the Arabian setting was pretty cool too, Al-Qadim and I had a lot of fun with the game they made in that universe: The Genie's Curse.

But the Darksun computer games didn't come close to capturing the brutality of the pen & paper version which was so brutal you had to start each campaign making 5 characters because you would inevitably lose a few along the way.