Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Starcraft:Cartooned now available (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261531)

brandonjclark 07-10-2019 08:02 PM

Starcraft:Cartooned now available

Return to Glory
With StarCraft: Cartooned you can experience StarCraft’s classic gameplay with all-new, lighthearted cartoon graphics! StarCraft: Cartooned reimagines every unit, structure, map, menu and story mission in the game, drawing on the lovable artistic style of Carbot Animations, with full gameplay and online

A Fresh Look for a Classic
  • Infuse your StarCraft: Remastered experience with the lighthearted charm of Carbot Animations! Whether you’re returning to the Koprulu Sector or visiting for the first time, StarCraft: Cartooned is an all-new way to experience the classic sci-fi real-time strategy game.

A Complete Reimagining
  • The magic doesn’t end with cartoon units—all the structures, maps, and menus of StarCraft: Remastered, including all campaign missions, have been transformed! Whether you’re returning to the Koprulu Sector or visiting for the first time, StarCraft: Cartooned is an all-new way to experience the classic sci-fi real-time strategy game.

Full Online Compatibility
  • Bring the Cartooned mayhem online! Group up with other players for your favorite custom games, or take on opponents head-to-head in the competitive ladder. You can play with anyone, even if they don’t own StarCraft: Cartooned!

I have to admit, it's pretty darn cute!

CLICK THE HEADLINE FOR THE VIDEO!

Evil Avatar 07-11-2019 07:57 AM

Scherge 07-11-2019 09:15 AM

Hah! Time for all those "graphics don't matter, gameplay is everything" people to put their money (?) where their mouth is!

Me? I hate it. I usually don't hate game-related things, just dislike or loathe them. This? I hate it with a passion I don't quite understand myself. Is this for mobile? Free? Both? For kids? A very late April Fool's Day prank?

Also, I'm not familiar with Carbot Animations. All through the trailer, I expected one of the "Castle Crashers" knights to stomp down that trench...

Julio 07-11-2019 11:40 AM

Too bad I don't want to give blizz any more money or I would get this...

SpectralThundr 07-11-2019 11:44 AM

Holy shit that looks fucking awful

brandonjclark 07-11-2019 01:20 PM

I'm actually really tempted to buy it.

It's so adorable!

Inkabodcrane 07-11-2019 02:08 PM

I had a few drinks the other night when I saw this.

With my lower inhibitions in place, I bought it.

It's a cool way to play a game we've spent years with. Its alright.

Oddmaker 07-11-2019 02:33 PM

Come on! It's StarCraft!

Only that it's made to look simple for those up coming generation of kids ;)

modurn 07-12-2019 05:15 AM

Is this an out of season April Fools joke?

Azzy 07-13-2019 10:54 PM

This... after the mobile game?
Wow (no pun) I can't think of a company I want to run away from faster than Blizzard. Except FB.

HillTribe 07-14-2019 11:09 AM

I think its neat. Doesn't tickle my fancy, but if it was another theme that did I could see myself getting it.

Chief Smash 07-14-2019 02:59 PM

It's a cool idea but while I can sometimes get into the crazy simple cartoon style, this doesn't really do anything for me, certainly not enough to hand over cash for it.