Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Soulcalibur VI Launch Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256653)

Evil Avatar 10-18-2018 08:02 PM

Soulcalibur VI Launch Trailer

Chief Smash 10-19-2018 06:42 AM

Looks decent though I kind of felt that they peaked with Soul Blade. The graphics kept getting way better but I liked the way the original was set up best.

Scherge 10-19-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2522934)
Looks decent though I kind of felt that they peaked with Soul Blade. The graphics kept getting way better but I liked the way the original was set up best.

I'd say "SoulCalibur" for the Dreamcast was the best game in the series. It looked astonishing for its time, played great (especially with an arcade stick), the extra challenges had more variety than the ones in "Soul Edge"/"Soul Blade", and there was a ton of unlockable stuff. However, no single feature was ever as cool as the secret real-time endings in Soul Blade... which, in the early days of the public internet, you had to find for yourself!

As for this new iteration: I fear I'm getting too old for all this flashy unblockable super move shit (which started in SC2). Just give me a tactical game where I can dodge attacks with Taki or power through with Siegfried! And I really dislike that all Unreal Engine games from Japan (with the exception of most Square Enix titles) look like low-end PC games. I'm not a technical artist, but I find visible polygons on virtual boobs in this day and age disappointing. :o

ElektroDragon 10-19-2018 02:26 PM

SOULCALIBUR SEX! Just look at those breasts! :eek::eek::eek:

Can't wait to launch this sucker tonight.

Mozain 10-19-2018 04:08 PM

I want to get it, but not at that price point.

Really wish they would do something better/different with the graphics as well. These days a straight up 3D fighter looks really bad in my opinion.

Wizzkidd 10-19-2018 06:04 PM

Played some last night with my wife. She doesn't play many games aside from Candy Crush and the occasional MMO, but she always beats my ass on fighting games. She just mashes buttons while I try to pull off moves, advancing aggressively the whole time. I went 0 for 3 against her. Damn it!

Terran 10-19-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzkidd (Post 2523002)
I went 0 for 3 against her. Damn it!

I blame Title IX. :D

sticky 10-19-2018 06:48 PM

Best home Soul Calibur since the Dreamcast version.

Really enjoying it.

Skunk 10-19-2018 09:47 PM

Am I alone in wishing they would bring back the assortment of off-shoot weapons from SC3 for character creation? That was my favorite title just because of the weird side-story mode where you built characters and fought them against an enemy "army."

I used to dominate with the Grieve Edge boot-knife weapon and I've missed it ever since.