Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mortal Kombat 11 Announcement Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257527)

Evil Avatar 12-06-2018 09:04 PM

Mortal Kombat 11 Announcement Trailer
 

Quote:

Mortal Kombat is back and better than ever in the next evolution of the iconic franchise.

The all new Custom Character Variations give you unprecedented control to customize the fighters and make them your own. The new graphics engine showcasing every skull-shattering, eye-popping moment, brings you so close to the fight you can feel it. And featuring a roster of new and returning Klassic Fighters, Mortal Kombatís best in class cinematic story mode continues the epic saga over 25 years in the making.

Chief Smash 12-06-2018 09:09 PM

At some point the broken bones and impaling with spears start to lose meaning when the guys just keep on fighting like nothing happened.

TheMadHatter 12-06-2018 09:13 PM

did we need an 11?

TheMadHatter 12-06-2018 09:18 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._to_Eleven.jpghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

TheMadHatter 12-06-2018 09:19 PM

this mortal kombat is 1 louder...

Skunk 12-06-2018 09:48 PM

I'm the only one whose going to comment on the lame trap music that was paired with this?

MechaDangerous 12-06-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skunk (Post 2525645)
I'm the only one whose going to comment on the lame trap music that was paired with this?

No no.. I thought the music was fucking awful. I genuinely hated it. This trailer showed me nothing interesting, unfortunately. Like any Nether Realm game, I'm sure it'll look really good, but I just don't like how stiff their animations and characters are. Gameplay just never felt good to me on any recent Nether Realm title.

Azzy 12-06-2018 10:36 PM

wat? ?

brandonjclark 12-06-2018 10:57 PM

I thought the fighting looked good, but I'm in agreement that I'm just not a fan of this new mumble-rap shit I'm always hearing on the radio.

Gimme some Bone or Ice Cube anyday.


vallor 12-07-2018 02:00 AM

This trailer sucks. The guy should have been over the second one of them was impaled through with the first of the weapons (through the chest and the head no less!). Instead it looks like a bunch of fatalities sewn together one after another until finally we get to what finally appears to be a real fatality.

Then the soundtrack? I don't know the song or the artist (using the term loosely) but whatever marketer picked it out should be fired. It doesn't fit the vibe of the game or trailer at all.

The Rage 2 trailer had the soundtrack tone picked out perfectly. That person knows what they're doing. Someone needs to set up a mentoring session.

Wizzkidd 12-07-2018 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2525666)
This trailer sucks. The guy should have been over the second one of them was impaled through with the first of the weapons (through the chest and the head no less!). Instead it looks like a bunch of fatalities sewn together one after another until finally we get to what finally appears to be a real fatality.

Then the soundtrack? I don't know the song or the artist (using the term loosely) but whatever marketer picked it out should be fired. It doesn't fit the vibe of the game or trailer at all.

The Rage 2 trailer had the soundtrack tone picked out perfectly. That person knows what they're doing. Someone needs to set up a mentoring session.

The music sucks hard. When they announced MK10 they did a similar thing, but the song wasn't garbage like this one. It's too bad. I've been editing it myself adding different songs over it.

The trailer however, looks amazing. One of them is a god, and the other is a dead ninja reanimated via sorcery to get revenge for (the original) Sub Zero killing his family. So neither of them are normal mortal people.

However, that doesn't even matter, Mortal Kombat/Netherrealm pushes the violence and gore as far as their imaginations can go, to the point that it is comical. It's not about being based in reality, it's about excellent fighting mechanics, hard-R comic book type stories, and basing everything off 70's and 80's pop culture. Big Trouble in Little China, Predator, Alien, Terminator, Friday the 13th, Freddy Kreuger, Van Damme, Bruce Lee, etc.

Quote:

did we need an 11?
Oh HELL yes we did. It has been the number 1 game I've been waiting for since I was done with the last MK. The only mobile game I even play anymore is MK.

You could say I'm a fan.

wunshot 12-07-2018 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2525657)
I thought the fighting looked good, but I'm in agreement that I'm just not a fan of this new mumble-rap shit I'm always hearing on the radio.

Gimme some Bone or Ice Cube anyday.


You ever heard Run the Jewels? They're like a band in a timeline in a "what if?" universe in which the hip hop industry didn't become a place where talent-less fools rise and lyrics are mumbled so badly that nobody knows what the fuck you're talking about.

One cool thing about them is they always drop their albums for free. Not as much of a big deal in a streaming world, but cool nonetheless.


wunshot 12-07-2018 05:50 AM

Is the gameplay going to look anything like that trailer? That was pretty amazing looking.

Wizzkidd 12-07-2018 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MechaDangerous (Post 2525648)
Like any Nether Realm game, I'm sure it'll look really good, but I just don't like how stiff their animations and characters are. Gameplay just never felt good to me on any recent Nether Realm title.


To each his own of course; but everyone will not like everything. But as someone who has played every fighting game that has come out since probably 1990...huh?

I will totally agree with you that their animations were stiff in the Xbox/PS2 era, and even a bit in MK9. Only DOA and Soul Caliber were really good in that area. Tekken, MvC and even Street Fighter were just same old or OK. But as of MK10, those things were pretty much gone.


Those are complaints that were definitely valid at one time, but I would recommend that you check the newer games out before blanket judging them.

Wizzkidd 12-07-2018 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2525679)
Is the gameplay going to look anything like that trailer? That was pretty amazing looking.

Usually when they put out a trailer like that, it is representative of what their final product will be. It won't be as seamless and fluid as that, but it'll probably be close and similar.


Also that music video was cool. 100X better than the song they used in the video, but also interesting in that I want to watch it again.

Wizzkidd 12-07-2018 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2525657)
I thought the fighting looked good

Gimme some Bone or Ice Cube anyday.


I agree 100000%
I am almost 38 and constantly tell the young bucks at work about Bone and Ice Cube.


That song is badass, and check the Seattle Mariners jersey he's wearing for half of it. He knows what's up!

Chimpbot 12-07-2018 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2525666)
This trailer sucks. The guy should have been over the second one of them was impaled through with the first of the weapons (through the chest and the head no less!). Instead it looks like a bunch of fatalities sewn together one after another until finally we get to what finally appears to be a real fatality.

You..you do realize how fighting games work, right? Especially Mortal Kombat?

If you're looking for realism, I don't think Mortal Kombat should be your first stop.

vallor 12-07-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2525694)
You..you do realize how fighting games work, right? Especially Mortal Kombat?

If you're looking for realism, I don't think Mortal Kombat should be your first stop.

Y'all are totally missing my point. Even for Mortal Kombat this was retarded.

Instead of having fighting and special moves culminating into the fatality this is more like fatalities strung together before having one MEGA fatality.

It is like they just gave up and said "well people only want the gore and impact of a fatality so let's give them that for each move they do."

Chief Smash 12-07-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2525731)
Y'all are totally missing my point. Even for Mortal Kombat this was retarded.

Instead of having fighting and special moves culminating into the fatality this is more like fatalities strung together before having one MEGA fatality.

It is like they just gave up and said "well people only want the gore and impact of a fatality so let's give them that for each move they do."

Couldnít agree more. MK has never been about realism but it used to obey its own set rules. But once youíre crushing your opponentís skull mid fight, I just get numb to what comes afterward.

EL CABONG 12-07-2018 11:22 AM

I like most of the MK games but I think NR needs a 3rd fighting game IP. MK or Injustice every other year or so is getting stale.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 PM.