Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   First Avengers Endgame Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257541)

Evil Avatar 12-07-2018 07:21 AM

First Avengers Endgame Trailer

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4817/3...abd1717b_z.jpg

Find out what the Marvel Universe is like after the Snap in the first trailer for Avengers: Endgame.

Evil Avatar 12-07-2018 07:21 AM

Wizzkidd 12-07-2018 07:37 AM

I've got to be honest, I'm getting bored with the MCU films. But I'm still interested to see where this ends up. I'll probably watch them all in the theater as long as I have the AMC moviepass. I just hope to be really impressed again. It almost feels like every MCU film can be lined up side by side and be swiped across with a paintbrush; they all look and feel the same. There are still good films and moments, but it all kind of seems like it's a giant symbiote that congeals and becomes the same. Not much stands out. It's all fun while I watch it, but I never really need to watch it again. And I love comic books; I've long ran out of room to store the long boxes.

I still look forward to this one regardless. I'm sure it'll be good, hopefully really good!

Chief Smash 12-07-2018 07:39 AM

I know some people are tired of the Marvel movies and not all of them are good. But I really enjoyed Infinity War and it has me very much looking forward to this one. It was fun to see Ant Man at the end too. I wasn't a fan of Ant Man 2 but overall, I do like the character.

Wizzkidd 12-07-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2525696)
I wasn't a fan of Ant Man 2 but overall, I do like the character.

I hear ya. I didn't like part 2 much but I like the actor and the character. There is still hope he'll pay off.

shadow763 12-07-2018 07:47 AM

Paul Rudd is just so damn likable is the problem.

I want to see how this all plays out. Is this the last movie with all the current actors for the Marvel universe?

Chimpbot 12-07-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow763 (Post 2525699)
Paul Rudd is just so damn likable is the problem.

I want to see how this all plays out. Is this the last movie with all the current actors for the Marvel universe?

It's most likely the last one with the OG actors, for sure. The newcomers - basically everyone introduced from Phase 2 onward - will be sticking around. Everyone else is much more up in the air, at best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2525696)
I know some people are tired of the Marvel movies and not all of them are good. But I really enjoyed Infinity War and it has me very much looking forward to this one. It was fun to see Ant Man at the end too. I wasn't a fan of Ant Man 2 but overall, I do like the character.

I was the exact opposite; the first was kinda "meh", but Ant-Man 2 was lots of fun and brought so much more to the table. Plus, the ending was a nice little post-Infinity War gut punch.

I still enjoy the Marvel movies, but I don't really get excited for them as I did back in 2012. Avengers felt like a big deal, y'know? Part of the "problem" is that the level of quality is always essentially the same across all of their releases; I never really worry about whether or not any given movie is going to be good, because they're all made to the same general standard. I know exactly what I'm going to get each and every time, for the most part.

Evil Avatar 12-07-2018 09:37 AM

Someone please bring back Ghost Rider! And Blade! And a real Iron Fist.

There is a ton of room left in the Marvel Universe, I find it kind of a shame they went with another unknown like Captain Marvel when they have so many better characters to pick from.

At least we can look forward to a decent Fantastic Four & Silver Surfer movie at some point.

EL CABONG 12-07-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2525734)
Someone please bring back Ghost Rider! And Blade! And a real Iron Fist.

There is a ton of room left in the Marvel Universe, I find it kind of a shame they went with another unknown like Captain Marvel when they have so many better characters to pick from.

At least we can look forward to a decent Fantastic Four & Silver Surfer movie at some point.

This. I Am sorta over stand alone origin movies in the MCU. But I will see this as it is a group movie. I am looking forward to better X man movies aswell.
They have so many more characters I would rather see than a the charisma vacium that Captain marvel looks to be.

Evil Avatar 12-07-2018 11:28 AM

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4880/4...246301082c.jpg

ElektroDragon 12-07-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2525763)

Ouch, don't show that to your daughter. :D.

vallor 12-07-2018 12:13 PM

I can't help myself. I really look forward to all the Marvel movies. Hell, all the comic book movies. Well almost all. Ant Man and Wasp was not a Must See nor is Captain Marvel.

Avengers Endgame will be as close to Day One as possible.

I can't wait to see Aquabro in a few weeks. Strange, I haven't seen any more hype for the movie since it's so close to release. It's almost like DC is afraid to show any more of the Aquaman movie or something.

DingBat 12-07-2018 04:22 PM

Yeah, I love this flicks. They can keep making them forever as far as I’m concerned. Really, really want another Dr Strange movie, tho.

GinRummy 12-08-2018 08:57 AM

I loved the last Thor movie, the one on the prison/gladiator planet with the Hulk. Tons of laughs and Jeff Goldblum had his power of Goldbluminess cranked to 11. A bit behind on the main storyline, though. Got a couple to catch up on.

Terran 12-08-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2525734)
There is a ton of room left in the Marvel Universe

Maybe, but these films are all bleeding together in their sameness and lots of folks are getting bored with them, including myself. I'll see the last one out more out of a sense of wanting closure to the entire arc of the story. I'm as tired of the MCU as I am of Bore Wars and HairyPothead and His Band of PokePotterites.

Booda 12-11-2018 06:30 AM

Bob Iger: At Disney, We Live Every Day In Terror That You’ll Turn On Superhero Movies

Quote:

BURBANK, CA—Emphasizing that losing even just a few comic book fans would be a “fate worse than death,” Disney CEO Bob Iger admitted Monday that he and all his employees spend every waking moment consumed by the fear that you will one day turn on superhero movies. “Working at Disney? It’s hell. Because I know that one day, you’re all going to wake up and realize that you’re sick of this Marvel shit, and you’ll dump our sorry asses and never come back,” said Iger, adding that between the movies, theme park expansions, and television shows, Disney would go bankrupt almost instantaneously if consumer tastes changed even slightly. “Every day, my heart stops when I see the box office numbers. How many more of these goddamn Avengers films can we make before the well runs dry? Thirty? Fifty? The bottom line is that the number isn’t infinite, and frankly, that’s terrifying. No matter how many run-of-the-mill animated features we shit out after that, it would never cover the losses.” At press time, Iger confessed that while he had suffered a panic attack earlier in the day, he was feeling much more optimistic after green-lighting the screenplay for Thunderbolt Ross 2.

Evil Avatar 12-11-2018 07:25 AM

Too funny, but these days when the well runs dry at Disney, they just go out and purchase another franchise to run into the ground.

You sick of Avengers movies? Good deal... we just purchased Fantastic Four, X-Men, Aliens, Terminator, Predator, Robocop and Indiana Jones.

Misanthropist 12-11-2018 07:56 AM

yes the universe has lots of room to grow!
I did not love the original avengers 1/2/as much because there wasnt a real threat to the heroes, bad guys were comic relief more than threatening.
they toned down iron man, removing his alcoholism and other issues, i enjoy a darker story line i guess.
Maybe i have lower expectations? Still looking forward to more mcu movies.

Chimpbot 12-11-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misanthropist (Post 2526041)
yes the universe has lots of room to grow!
I did not love the original avengers 1/2/as much because there wasnt a real threat to the heroes, bad guys were comic relief more than threatening.

Uh...the first one involved an alien invasion that nearly ended in a nuclear attack on New York. The second involved a plot to lift - and then drop - a chunk of land large enough to cause a mass extinction event and wipe out all organic life on Earth. I mean, sure, Ultron cracked some jokes...but his plan was to replace life on Earth with himself.

I guess that shit ain't serious enough for ya, though.