Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hellraiser Judgment - Official Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250865)

Emabulator 01-09-2018 04:18 PM

Hellraiser Judgment - Official Trailer

Quote:

Detectives Sean and David Carter are on the case to find a gruesome serial killer terrorizing the city. Joining forces with Detective Christine Egerton, they dig deeper into a spiraling maze of horror that may not be of this world.

brandonjclark 01-09-2018 04:40 PM

Someone pinch me. WTF?! HELLRAISER?!?!?!?

How did I not know this was being made?!!!

ahahahahahhaha

YEs!

MechaDangerous 01-09-2018 05:31 PM

OMG I am so onboard with this!!! Looks so good!

vallor 01-09-2018 06:01 PM

Um, that looks like a pretty damn good Hellraiser movie. Hopefully it does well so a next version can go to movies since this looks straight to video.

rubbishfoo 01-09-2018 07:50 PM

Hell yeah.

Bring on Dem Cenobites!

Evil Avatar 01-09-2018 11:57 PM

This was the movie that started as a Hellraiser-inspired Kickstarter and then Lionsgate funded it and allowed them to add in the real Hellraiser characters so that they didn’t lose the license.

It looks like it came out great, but you can kinda see how the new monsters aren’t really quite along the theme of the original Cenobites. I imagine this one will be pretty good and certainly way better than the last direct-to-video Hellraiser they did — also done just to hold onto the license.

Chimpbot 01-10-2018 05:26 AM

I know Hellraiser has definitely become its own thing over the years...but, I'd rather see a film of The Scarlet Gospels because of how much of its own thing Hellraiser has become.

Sinistar 01-10-2018 09:13 AM

I remember the original Hellraiser movies well from working in a video store back in the 80s - never my cup of tea. I found them to be a long and boring S&M show - what did I miss that made them special?

Evil Avatar 01-10-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2503468)
I know Hellraiser has definitely become its own thing over the years...but, I'd rather see a film of The Scarlet Gospels because of how much of its own thing Hellraiser has become.

I was disappointed in The Scarlet Gospels. I think the Hellraiser comic book goes in a better direction than the novel did.

ElektroDragon 01-10-2018 09:43 AM

Pinhead doesn't look right AT ALL. WAY too fat and bloated looking and not nearly sinister enough like the original. And the black eyes are lame. Original did not have them so he could much more emotive. Ugh.

BeardedSonOfNel 01-10-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2503482)
Pinhead doesn't look right AT ALL. WAY too fat and bloated looking and not nearly sinister enough like the original. And the black eyes are lame. Original did not have them so he could much more emotive. Ugh.

His eyes were basically black.

http://groovey.tv/wp-content/uploads...ss-photo-2.jpg

Chimpbot 01-10-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2503482)

I guess your definition of "emotive" is much different from mine...

He's got a monotone voice and little to no facial expression at all.
Also, his eyes are entirely black.

Metal Jesus 01-10-2018 12:58 PM

The original Hellraiser movie was so dirty ...and sleazy... and it made your skin crawl. Definitely one of the coolest horror movies ever made. I hope they can capture that danger with this new movie!

MadMurdock_0311 01-10-2018 02:42 PM

Weird. This was written by the makeup artist that worked on some of the Hellraiser movies.

Azzy 01-10-2018 06:07 PM

This straight to video bullshit would have you fanbois freaking the fuck out about how shitty it looks if you didn't have your balls ankle deep in nostalgia.
This. Looks. Bad.
Not terrible, but bad.
It's banking on your willingness to spend money any anything Pinhead, Cenobite, or Box. And, sadly, I bet a lot of you will.
It looks like it has forgotten the face of it's father, that it's fundamental tenement is about pleasure.
Oh well, support it to your doom, it'll only encourage more bullshit releases. Maybe the next one will have a Jedi.

Testcase 01-14-2018 05:00 PM

I've been super doubtful of this one seeing the journey it's been on. There's a small kerfuffle about it because they wouldn't let Bradley read the script to consider being in it without some NDA that he felt personally targeted by. No leeway given so no Doug Bradley as Pinhead.

I read a thing that talked about Barker working on a reboot script which sounded much more interesting that this "Pinhead tacked on thriller story."