Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   When Good Sequels Go Bad: The Predator Teaser Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253403)

Evil Avatar 05-10-2018 06:51 AM

When Good Sequels Go Bad: The Predator Teaser Trailer

Quote:

From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home in Shane Black's explosive reinvention of the Predator series. Now, the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

In Theaters September 14, 2018

Evil Avatar 05-10-2018 06:51 AM

What a gigantic ball of suck that trailer is. It looks like a movie made by someone who liked Aliens vs Predator 2.

Exodus 05-10-2018 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2512072)
What a gigantic ball of suck that trailer is. It looks like a movie made by someone who liked Aliens vs Predator 2.

Feels like a trailer for a comedy. I guess this is the direction they are going.

Maybe I'm just old and my idea of a predator movie is like james cameron terminator 1/2'ish.

m.c. 05-10-2018 07:03 AM

This is wayyyyy worse than AvP 2...

Mad Max RW 05-10-2018 07:05 AM

Terrible. Really really bad. Shane Black, who was fucking IN the original Predator, should be ashamed.

So glad I abandoned the franchise years ago. Went through the phase of running websites, doing huge mods, being part of a community and years of real work, then finally had enough with Fox and their mismanagement of all things Alien and Predator. The only people left eating this shit up are the sycophants at AvPGalaxy.

Sinistar 05-10-2018 07:52 AM

Really, it can't be any worse than Alien Convenient, er, Covenant. Oh, the tropes.

excalibur1814 05-10-2018 07:58 AM

Might not be bad. Maybe. Hopefully.

(Leaves the room as everyone's silent)

DeadPixel 05-10-2018 09:34 AM

Well, this trailer was just terrible.

Meeks 05-10-2018 09:45 AM

Hello, Oscar season. Between this, Bad Boys 3, and Bill & Ted 3, I don't envy the academy this year!

Dag-Sabot 05-10-2018 12:07 PM

Perhaps cringe is the new hollywood norm.

Chimpbot 05-10-2018 01:14 PM

I don't think it looks great, but I don't think it looks terrible. The Predator series has never been phenomenal; I enjoyed the first two for what they were, but even the original sequel felt like a step down from the original.

I'll probably watch this one, but I highly doubt I'll bother heading out to the theater for it. Much like Predators, I'll wait until it's out on disc/digital.

ascl 05-10-2018 01:18 PM

Nope nope nope.

The predator (the original one) was very well made for an 80s action movie. This looks like turd.

Terran 05-10-2018 01:35 PM

It's a paint-by-numbers idea and series. What it needs is a charismatic lead, and it doesn't have one.

Olivia Munn is just a terrible failure of an actor. :rolleyes:

Chief Smash 05-10-2018 01:41 PM

Yeah this looks like garbage. The original was a fantastic movie but they'd never make one like it again today. Too much toxic masculinity I guess.

ashikenshin 05-10-2018 02:20 PM

lol the director of the worst Iron Man movie? They shouldn't be bragging about it.

Trailers lately make the movies look better than what they really are. I wonder if this is the rare case of a trailer making a movie look bad, or if it's complete garbage and this is the best they could come up with.

actusoul 05-11-2018 12:59 AM

Sad. the trailer is embarrassing. I had to check if it was April 1st. However, someone had to mention Alien. For what is worth, Covenant was a good movie but you may have not liked the direction it took. Predator looks like a BAD movie and cheesy.

Mad Max RW 05-11-2018 07:53 AM

Word is they kept in most of the script. One of the scenes is, and I kid you not, the autistic child (they make a big deal about him being autistic in the movie) putting on Predator gear and blowing up a bully's house.

Demo_Boy 05-11-2018 10:54 AM

Whut the f? This looked like complete garbage.

I honestly thought they were doing a bad parody style movie like "Scary Movie (2000)" for 50% of the trailer before I realized they are actually trying.

Dayum that is a real shame

timmyd 05-11-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad max rw (Post 2512150)
word is they kept in most of the script. One of the scenes is, and i kid you not, the autistic child (they make a big deal about him being autistic in the movie) putting on predator gear and blowing up a bully's house.

i... I... I... I...

MadMurdock_0311 05-11-2018 07:45 PM

This looks like complete garbage.