Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rage 2 Officially Becomes worst video game Ad since Daikatana #Rage2 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253458)

Evil Avatar 05-14-2018 07:35 AM

Rage 2 Officially Becomes worst video game Ad since Daikatana #Rage2

This is a parody video, right? Right? Anyone? Bueller?

Booda 05-14-2018 07:53 AM

Lol! Looks like CliffyB spilt some Radical on the Rage.

NightRain 05-14-2018 07:57 AM

Just seems like a bunch of crazies, which is fitting for the Rage universe.... I'm not really seeing a major issue with the ad. I've seen a lot worse.

Mad Max RW 05-14-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightRain (Post 2512291)
Just seems like a bunch of crazies, which is fitting for the Rage universe.... I'm not really seeing a major issue with the ad. I've seen a lot worse.

Please share a worse game ad. I'm having to go back to early 90s Sega's "Nintendont" ads to find something equally as cringe worthy.

I am intrigued. Rage 2 is being developed by the same team at Avalanche who did the surprisingly good Mad Max game. Any other studio, especially that awful rumor about Rebellion, and I'd immediately write it off as shit.

Exodus 05-14-2018 08:05 AM

How is this game getting a sequel?

If anything rage proved id forgot how to make a video game. The company that boosted fps into the stratosphere forgot how to make proper controls for a fps. Yeesh. Well, hopefully they don't fuck this up.

Mad Max RW 05-14-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exodus (Post 2512293)
How is this game getting a sequel?

If anything rage proved id forgot how to make a video game. The company that boosted fps into the stratosphere forgot how to make proper controls for a fps. Yeesh. Well, hopefully they don't fuck this up.

id software isn't involved. Avalanche wanted to do a sequel to their great Mad Max game but Warner turned them down. Also the ongoing lawsuits between George Miller and Warner Bros has put anything Mad Max on ice. Bethesda was sitting on a similar dead license and likely signed them on to develop. They are the best studio for the job, in my opinion.

killer_X 05-14-2018 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightRain (Post 2512291)

I agree, it's not the content of the ad, itīs the music that is all wrong, reminds me off "Smash Mouth" :mad:

It should have been like doom 2016 soundtrack Death metal :)

NightRain 05-14-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killer_X (Post 2512298)
I agree, it's not the content of the ad, itīs the music that is all wrong, reminds me off "Smash Mouth" :mad:

To be fair/honest I watched it without sound.... so that might make it much worse.

Chimpbot 05-14-2018 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exodus (Post 2512293)
If anything rage proved id forgot how to make a video game.

Yeah, id forgot how to make video games...only to turn around and release DOOM 2016, which was one of the most well-received FPS games in recent years.

Quote:

It's the overall style of Mad Max coupled with the color pallet and overall attitude of Borderlands. I didn't find it to be overly egregious.

Scherge 05-14-2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2512292)
Please share a worse game ad.

Well, how about the "Prepare Your Face" one?

Oh, you meant an ad from a company with an actual marketing budget, like Bethesda? Yeah, that'd be a lot more difficult. :o

ashikenshin 05-14-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2512300)
Yeah, id forgot how to make a video games...only to turn around and release DOOM 2016, which was one of the most well-received FPS games in recent years.

this.

I didn't dislike the ad. Also, the gameplay on Rage wasn't bad. It just felt unfinished. The story ends abruptly on what on a normal game would have been the middle point. It was lacking a bit of side content as well. Some say it was because of space limitations on the 360, might have been so.

Evil Avatar 05-14-2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scherge (Post 2512301)
Oh, you meant an ad from a company with an actual marketing budget, like Bethesda? Yeah, that'd be a lot more difficult. :o

What is really sad is that you know that they spent thousands and thousands of dollars for someone to put together this piece of trash, and even more money to license out the music.

All that when they could have gotten some positive PR from a simple 30 second gameplay trailer instead you have a game most people whet from "Why did they bother?" to "They didn't even try."

Booda 05-14-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Yeah, id forgot how to make a video games...only to turn around and release DOOM 2016, which was one of the most well-received FPS games in recent years.

It's the overall style of Mad Max coupled with the color pallet and overall attitude of Borderlands. I didn't find it to be overly egregious.

That's Not Mad Max. That's what you get when you ask a bunch of millennials who shop at Hot Topic to come up with an ad for a game with an apocalyptic setting.

JazGalaxy 05-14-2018 08:39 AM

Quote:

Actually I THINK that song is Andrew WK. It SOUNDS like "We Want Fun". If so... I love Andrew WK. But yeah... weird choice for this ad about shirtless fat guys and colored smoke.

Exodus 05-14-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Oh sorry, it took them 6yrs to revert to old game play from the 80's 90's and throw in a insta kill hotkey.

Well received not by me but it wasn't nearly as shit as rage. Hell I think I remember reading about rage when EGM still put out a magazine.

Mad Max RW 05-14-2018 10:01 AM

Gameplay reveal coming out tomorrow. Supposedly Avalanche is doing a very long Rage 2 segment during Bethesda's E3 panel.

If you took their Mad Max game and gave it really good first person combat it would be what everyone expected Rage to be. Fire whoever is behind the marketing.

timmyd 05-14-2018 10:33 AM

I think PR departments have learned to set standards really low and then when the product is released the reviews are "surprised" and "better than I thought". And the negative hubbub makes sure everyone remembers it. So it's probably shaping up to be a good game. I just recently re-played RAGE anyway. I'll echo the sentiments that it was good up until it suddenly ended.

Contrast that with "OMG did you see the trailer?!?!" Followed upon release by "the trailer was more exciting" "the trailer showed all the good parts"

Chimpbot 05-14-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2512306)
That's Not Mad Max. That's what you get when you ask a bunch of millennials who shop at Hot Topic to come up with an ad for a game with an apocalyptic setting.

They took the costume design straight out of Mad Max, specifically Road Warrior. The video was loaded with costumes that looked like this...

https://i.imgur.com/mOVgopsm.jpg

or this...

https://i.imgur.com/vRn1PUUm.png

or this...

https://i.imgur.com/iFBhCoBm.jpg

The video was way too bright and colorful to be Mad Max (hence the additional comparisons to Borderlands), but those costumes were ripped right out of Road Warrior or Thunderdome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exodus (Post 2512311)
Oh sorry, it took them 6yrs to revert to old game play from the 80's 90's and throw in a insta kill hotkey.

Well received not by me but it wasn't nearly as shit as rage. Hell I think I remember reading about rage when EGM still put out a magazine.

Certainly can't please everyone. Most folks loved DOOM, but there will obviously be those who didn't find it to be their cup of tea.

JazGalaxy 05-14-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2512329)

Certainly can't please everyone. Most folks loved DOOM, but there will obviously be those who didn't find it to be their cup of tea.

Totally. I think you are spot on and it needs to be said more. Not everyone needs to live everything. Unfortunately, in the world of aaa, developers have to try to capture everyone to justify the swelling budgets.

Booda 05-14-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2512329)
They took the costume design straight out of Mad Max, specifically Road Warrior. The video was loaded with costumes that looked like this...

That looked a helluva lot more like this to me.

https://76ff3x7seo-flywheel.netdna-s...12-608x407.jpg

Burning Man: The Game