Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Henry Cavill Cosplay's as Mortal Kombat's Raiden (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256865)

Evil Avatar 10-31-2018 09:48 AM

Henry Cavill Cosplay's as Mortal Kombat's Raiden

Netflix has released their first look at Henry Cavill as Geralt in the Witcher TV series... the results look more like Raiden from the Mortal Kombat movie or an old dude cosplaying as Legolas.

Evil Avatar 10-31-2018 09:49 AM

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1937/4...5651b09d_z.jpg

EL CABONG 10-31-2018 10:17 AM

I don't hate the hair. Outfit is mega bland. Is he a biker, a late 90's early 00's superhero or just a roadie with a sick wig?

Accursed 10-31-2018 11:55 AM

...dafuq

Where is the beard and the yellow eyes?!!?!

MADxMrMike 10-31-2018 12:46 PM

He is just to big. Literally to big. Geralt wasn't skin and bones but he was very slim and looked like he was surviving day to day. Either out in the woods or in some cheap dive. Never settled down. He also had toxins running in and out of body on a constant. So unless Cavill loses a lot of weight I'm not seeing it. Not upset he is playing the character. I like him. But not sure he is the right fit.

Sigwolf 10-31-2018 01:38 PM

Not remotely pale enough, needs facial hair, eyes?!? are you kidding me here?

I suppose someone thought it would be a good idea to save it for the "dramatic reveal", but take all of the above and then take his most identifying feature, the facial scar, and hide it in shadow? Why even show him as Geralt if you are going to put no effort into making him look like the character?

wunshot 10-31-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADxMrMike (Post 2523628)
He is just to big. Literally to big. Geralt wasn't skin and bones but he was very slim and looked like he was surviving day to day. Either out in the woods or in some cheap dive. Never settled down. He also had toxins running in and out of body on a constant. So unless Cavill loses a lot of weight I'm not seeing it. Not upset he is playing the character. I like him. But not sure he is the right fit.

Couldn't be any worse than Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher (6'5" 250 lbs).

Hollywack....

Terran 10-31-2018 02:35 PM

I'll wait to see the acting and writing before I decide it sucks.

It will probably suck.

Silverbaine 10-31-2018 02:57 PM

I'm in the wait and see boat before I make any judgments. I have a feeling we'll see more Geralt later on. Maybe they'll add the eyes in Post.

ElektroDragon 10-31-2018 04:35 PM

Look is good, outfit is terribad.

brandonjclark 10-31-2018 04:37 PM

This is so bad is laughable.

Geralt is PALE, scared and dirty, unless Triss is sucking him off in the bath.

Antdude 10-31-2018 04:50 PM

Don't panic, guys. This is just a wardrobe/screen test, far from the final look. I'm pretty sure the producers deliberately put this out there as a laugh. They know the fans are invested in this.

Loosen your sphincters, guys. 2020 is a long way off.

Mad Max RW 10-31-2018 06:00 PM

Looks like what I expected from a screen test. We are a pretty long ways off and Henry Cavill is currently posting about how he's training for the role. The first real trailer is probably a year away.

VideoMike101 10-31-2018 06:03 PM

The Witcher? More like the Tickler.

hurstshifter 10-31-2018 06:58 PM

Damn, that is pretty bad. I really hope they put a lot more work into this.

Skookum 10-31-2018 11:48 PM

He definitely needs a beard. Main thing is that Cavill can act, so given a half decent script and director, this should be at least as good as any other top Netflix series...

Evil Avatar 11-01-2018 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skookum (Post 2523660)
He definitely needs a beard. Main thing is that Cavill can act, so given a half decent script and director, this should be at least as good as any other top Netflix series...

Oh yea, it could top Jessica Jones Season 2 or Luke Cage or either season of Iron Fist.

Letís face it, Netflix has as many flops as they do successes and most of their best stuff is just stuff they licensed from other people like Cloverfield and all those foreign films and foreign series.

I think Stranger Things is their only really huge success and Season 2 of that one wasnít all that hot.

Meusli 11-01-2018 05:16 AM

As someone said on Twitter, "That's a great Ciri reveal, can't wait to see what Geralt looks like." 😆

BeardedSonOfNel 11-01-2018 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2523662)
Oh yea, it could top Jessica Jones Season 2 or Luke Cage or either season of Iron Fist.

Letís face it, Netflix has as many flops as they do successes and most of their best stuff is just stuff they licensed from other people like Cloverfield and all those foreign films and foreign series.

I think Stranger Things is their only really huge success and Season 2 of that one wasnít all that hot.

I really like Ozark, and Atypical.

NACIONAL 11-01-2018 09:14 AM

Also if you are into Cartoons, Final Space is very solid and Bojack Horseman is incredible (specially second seasond onwards).