Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Star Wars Battlefront 2: The Rise of Skywalker Official Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264490)

Evil Avatar 12-17-2019 07:57 PM

Star Wars Battlefront 2: The Rise of Skywalker Official Trailer
 

Quote:

Immerse yourself in the finale of the Skywalker saga in Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II. Inspired by Star Wars™: The Rise of Skywalker™, set foot on an exotic new jungle planet where a fateful war between the Resistance and First Order thunders.

Starting December 17, 2019, play as the ruthless Sith trooper, rain down fire from the skies with the new Jet trooper, or aid the Resistance with a hard-hitting Ovissian Gunner and resourceful Caphex Spy. BB-8 joins the battlefront in January 2020, bringing bravery and a fast-paced playstyle to the roster.

Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition is the ultimate destination to live out your epic Star Wars battle fantasies. Enjoy over two years’ worth of free content updates and get more than 350 customization items at that!

vallor 12-17-2019 08:02 PM

That did not stir my soul the way Star Wars did before The Last Jedi.

Even a good take on the John Williams music wasn't enough to cause surges of anything but Dread for what Rise of Skywalker could be.

Evil Avatar 12-18-2019 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2550215)
That did not stir my soul the way Star Wars did before The Last Jedi.

Even a good take on the John Williams music wasn't enough to cause surges of anything but Dread for what Rise of Skywalker could be.

The reviews are out and mostly the reviewers seem to hate it, which must mean it is totally freaking awesome. I’m actually excited to see it now.

NACIONAL 12-18-2019 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2550238)
The reviews are out and mostly the reviewers seem to hate it, which must mean it is totally freaking awesome. I’m actually excited to see it now.

the way i see it, not even shills like it, so it seems that it is really a mess.

Evil Avatar 12-18-2019 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NACIONAL (Post 2550240)
the way i see it, not even shills like it, so it seems that it is really a mess.

I've heard that most of the movie does end up being them having to un-fuck everything Rian Johnson did, so I'm sure that cramped the story a ton, but no matter what it just can't be worse than the last film.

Booda 12-18-2019 07:26 AM

"Help me baby Yoda. You're my only hope." :p

NACIONAL 12-18-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2550241)
..., but no matter what it just can't be worse than the last film.

Even if RoS is 2 hours of JJ Abrhams peeing on the corpse of darth vader , it would be better than Last Jedi, barely.

The Last Jedi is so bad that made the force awakens worse, and damaged irreparably anything that came after.

Chief Smash 12-18-2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2550241)
I've heard that most of the movie does end up being them having to un-fuck everything Rian Johnson did, so I'm sure that cramped the story a ton, but no matter what it just can't be worse than the last film.

I've heard the same thing and I do take some satisfaction, or rather vindication, that they felt the need to do this. I've also heard some strong rumors that George Lucas was brought in to do his own cut of the film to salvage the trilogy and supposedly tested very well with audiences. But politics and pride got in the way of Kathleen Kennedy giving it final approval.

NESter the Unlikely 12-18-2019 09:03 AM

Nowadays 'Star Wars' is as much Star Wars as 'Atari' is Atari or 'KFC' is KFC.

If there's something you respect and enjoy that hasn't gone to shit, just wait.

Booda 12-18-2019 09:07 AM

"In the case of Leia, Abrams does a more than sufficient job of weaving her character throughout. It’s probably a smaller role than she would have played if she were still alive..."

Lol! That's just fucking brilliant.

Chief Smash 12-18-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NESter the Unlikely (Post 2550251)
Nowadays 'Star Wars' is as much Star Wars as 'Atari' is Atari or 'KFC' is KFC.

If there's something you respect and enjoy that hasn't gone to shit, just wait.

This is one of the truest posts I've ever seen here.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:35 AM.