Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TENET Trailer (2020) (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264520)

Booda 12-19-2019 01:05 PM

TENET Trailer (2020)

Hits theaters in July 2020

DingBat 12-19-2019 02:34 PM

Oh, yeah. This looks interesting.

If you say "Chris Nolan" I'm pretty much on board already. Plus I loved Inception and this has the same vibe. I really liked Washington in BlacKkKlansman and I'm also interested to see how Pattinson does.

I don't often get too excited for future releases. This may be one of the few exceptions.

MavenACTG 12-19-2019 04:47 PM

Now that's a trailer.

MechaDangerous 12-19-2019 04:58 PM

Wow that does look really interesting. Not sure if it's something I'll see in theaters, but I'm intrigued.

I don't know why, but when she says that World War 3 isn't nuclear holocaust but "something worse", I honestly wonder what they're meaning. That gets me thinking. That draws me in. What could be worse? The planet exploding? Something crazier?

Great trailer. Sets up something super interesting but doesn't give anything away. I love it.

Azzy 12-19-2019 11:47 PM

I'm in. Thanks Mr. Nolan.

zakatti 12-20-2019 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MechaDangerous (Post 2550319)
I don't know why, but when she says that World War 3 isn't nuclear holocaust but "something worse", I honestly wonder what they're meaning. That gets me thinking. That draws me in. What could be worse? The planet exploding? Something crazier?

George Lucas rebooting the new Star Wars trilogy with Jar-Jar as the main character?

PacerDawn 12-20-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zakatti (Post 2550346)
George Lucas rebooting the new Star Wars trilogy with Jar-Jar as the main character?

Baby Jar-Jar in The Mandalorian.

Skunk 12-22-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

What could be worse? The planet exploding? Something crazier?

First thing that comes to mind is a Walking Dead scenario. At least in a nuclear holocaust they stay dead. But that's probably not what's up. But considering the time-shifty stuff we are seeing, I'm guessing WW3 involves various powers trying to rewrite history simultaneously. To be honest, it's not self evident that would be worse than nuclear war, but I could be convinced.

Quote:

Great trailer. Sets up something super interesting but doesn't give anything away. I love it.

100% agree. I've noticed some high-budget films seem to be leaning back in this direction and all the Nolan films have had trailers like this that give a concept of what the movie is going to be about while able to keep the viewer in suspense what the major plot device actually is (minus, maybe the Batman movies for the obvious reasons).

vallor 12-22-2019 07:32 PM

Memento XTREME version!