Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264586)

Jetherik 12-27-2019 09:45 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Now that the wrapping paper is thrown away, what games did you get and what are you playing this weekend?

Chimpbot 12-27-2019 11:08 AM

I'll be spending most of the weekend travelling to and from my folks' place, which will be about 8 hours round trip. I do, however, hope to squeeze in some more time with Outer Worlds; it's a great friggin' game, and I was actually pleased to hear about some potential DLC coming out down the road.

I picked it up right when it came out, but didn't get much of a chance to play it until after a few episodes of The Mandalorian had been released. Now that I've finally had the chance to dig in, I've been asking myself, "What would Mando do?" during all of the character interactions.

thatlukeguy 12-27-2019 08:01 PM

On steam sale I picked up the Bioshock Remastered Trilogy, the newest Civ.VI expac, and the new Halo series. From the Epic Store, I got me Metro: Exodus with the DLC pass.

For Christmas my wife gifted me an Oculus Quest so I also picked up Fallout 4 VR, and Red Matter on Steam Winter Sale. Already had a CV1 but I have to say using it without any cables or sensor towers (even if it's in *simpler games* mode) is amazing. It will for sure be our goto couch VR experience from now on. Have a Oculus Link capable cable being delivered on the weekend so we'll also be able to play serious VR games on our PC's together finally.

I'm also installing and modding Witcher 3. The show is really damn good and got me in the mood for it, and this time by god I'm going to finish it!

Overall, a really good Christmas :)

HB_IKE 12-27-2019 08:13 PM

Always late but:

Bloodstained ... so far it is average.

Ghostblaze 12-28-2019 06:20 AM

Beat Witcher 1 years ago. Finally beat 2 and have been playing 3 for PC.
Also been playing God of War for my PS4 pro. Wish the combat in the Witcher was similar to God of War. It’s so satisfying.

BeardedSonOfNel 12-28-2019 08:24 AM

Well we got my one of my daughters a Switch Lite for Christmas, so I actually get my Switch back (funny how kids just take over your stuff). At one point (a year ago) I had started Zelda Breath of the Wild. It has been so long; I'll be restarting it.

I've also been playing the shit out of Zero Wing on MAME, Genesis, and PC Engine CDROM.

colonel 32dll 12-28-2019 09:59 AM

No games for Xmas. :(

So I re-installed Watch Dogs 2 and have just been racing around and hacking other players. Still fun after a 2.5 year hiatus.

BeardedSonOfNel 12-28-2019 03:10 PM

Wow, I'm really enjoying Zelda BOTW. Happy to have my Switch back.

MadMurdock_0311 12-28-2019 04:07 PM

Witcher 3 on PC. Haven't played it in a couple years.

Evil Avatar 12-28-2019 05:49 PM

My weekend starts on Sunday night now, I will probably spend most of my gaming time in Grand Theft Auto 5. I never finished the single player story, so I've been going through the Story missions.

BeardedSonOfNel 12-28-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2550663)
My weekend starts on Sunday night now, I will probably spend most of my gaming time in Grand Theft Auto 5. I never finished the single player story, so I've been going through the Story missions.

It's the first GTA I ever bothered to complete, and I liked it so much I played through it twice.

Inkabodcrane 12-29-2019 04:37 AM

Got back into Rocket League. Picked up Code Vein in the steam sale. Always playing some MK11. Currently working 11 days in a row, gaming time is limited but the check will be sweet!

Evil Avatar 12-29-2019 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2550665)
It's the first GTA I ever bothered to complete, and I liked it so much I played through it twice.

I played through half of it on the PS3, then started it again when the PS4 version came out and I kinda lost interest before I got past where I previously left off.

So, there should be lots of stuff I havenít seen yet.