Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It's Sunday: What NFL Games Are You Watching? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264636)

BeardedSonOfNel 01-05-2020 07:58 AM

It's Sunday: What NFL Games Are You Watching?

The playoffs are here, and the Pats are out! Only a couple of games today. I hope the Vikings will advance.

Who do you think is going to go all the way?

brandonjclark 01-05-2020 08:33 AM

Tennessee looks pretty dominant with that running game. The Patriots did have a really great defense, but they couldn't stop that run.

I dunno, the 49ers are a really good team. Drafting near number one for so long will eventually make you a good team, I guess.

Chief Smash 01-05-2020 02:28 PM

I tuned in to watch the end of the Saints Vikings game. I don’t really like the Saints and I still feel some lingering affection for the Vikes from when Favre was there (which is part of why I dislike the Saints.) But that final play is illustrative of why I think the NFL is a joke. There was a clear push off and everyone, including the commentators saw it. And they ignore it. Collin Kaepernick didn’t kill the NFL for so many of us. The NFL killed itself. It’s not a real sports league. It’s just entertainment with malleable show rules.

Terran 01-05-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2551059)
...and the Pats are out!

I approve of this message. :D

brandonjclark 01-05-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2551072)
I tuned in to watch the end of the Saints Vikings game. I donít really like the Saints and I still feel some lingering affection for the Vikes from when Favre was there (which is part of why I dislike the Saints.) But that final play is illustrative of why I think the NFL is a joke. There was a clear push off and everyone, including the commentators saw it. And they ignore it. Collin Kaepernick didnít kill the NFL for so many of us. The NFL killed itself. Itís not a real sports league. Itís just entertainment with malleable show rules.

Are you talking about this play?

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/1213934830712426502

Chief Smash 01-05-2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2551089)

Yeah. And I know there was grabbing by the defense there too but then throw both flags and call offsetting. My problem with the NFL is that they throw flags when it suits them and the rules have gotten more ambiguous over the years. I hate how most commentators wonít call out the officiating or how they even bring in a former ref to convince you why the crappy call you just witnessed is actually right. I get it. Theyíre selling a few hours of entertainment and they canít have refs and commentators undermining the product. But it is very much a product and not a truly fair competition and thatís really what irks me. Iím not saying that itís all fixed. But itís certainly not 100% fair.

And again, I have a lingering hatred of the Saints for the Bountygate crap that pretty much handed them the Super Bowl that year so this isnít about me not liking the Vikes. Heck they even brought that game up today but never once mentioned how what was happening was illegal. It always bugged me that people remember Favre for throwing that last INT instead of getting murdered with dirty hits and no flags.

brandonjclark 01-05-2020 11:23 PM

Well, all I can think about is how the Packers released Taysom Hill.

Brilliant decision, Ted.

Inkabodcrane 01-07-2020 02:57 AM

Seahawks.

vs.

Packers.

I have never seen them win in Green Bay for as long as I've been watching. So...that means they're closer than ever to finally doing it, right? RIGHT?

vallor 01-07-2020 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane (Post 2551192)
Seahawks.

vs.

Packers.

I have never seen them win in Green Bay for as long as I've been watching. So...that means they're closer than ever to finally doing it, right? RIGHT?

Seahawks were given a low chance of getting to the Superbowl but I hope there's another upset at the Packers.