Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   **YES!!** New Game Room Tour 2020 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264723)

Metal Jesus 01-10-2020 08:40 AM

**YES!!** New Game Room Tour 2020
 


It's a new house and new Metal Jesus Game Room tour for 2020! What do you think of the new setup?

vallor 01-10-2020 09:01 AM

Been waiting to see this! Looks fricking awesome, I may have to come over some day if you do in person tours.

Metal Jesus 01-10-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2551443)
Been waiting to see this! Looks fricking awesome, I may have to come over some day if you do in person tours.

Thanks! Also private tours? I have to run that stuff by my wife. ;)

Chief Smash 01-10-2020 10:01 AM

Great video. Love the game room(s) too. I'm a tad OCD with keeping stuff organized so I like this room way more than the old one. I especially love the lighting, the bar area, and the general open feel of the main room.

Metal Jesus 01-10-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2551446)
Great video. Love the game room(s) too. I'm a tad OCD with keeping stuff organized so I like this room way more than the old one. I especially love the lighting, the bar area, and the general open feel of the main room.

I was moving stuff around and straightening things right before shooting the video...Although several people pointed out I could straighten those hanging LEDs a bit more...and they're right!! LOL But I struggled to get those fasteners to stick to those textured walls, so I'll need to find some other / better solution. Stupid 1960s walls ;)

ElektroDragon 01-10-2020 01:22 PM

What I'd like to know is how you afford the ginormous houses you must need in the Seattle area to have room for your collection?! Are you buying 3000+ sqft all the time? Most houses here don't have basements either. I have 2500 sqft right now and need to cram my collection all on one wall of my living room which is also a family room and has a treadmill in it... and I still feel like we have no room. But I have two small kids, so maybe that's my problem.. Kick them out and make room for games! LOL

ElektroDragon 01-10-2020 01:23 PM

Also, IKEA KALLAX for the win! I just bought 3 MORE myself of the large ones. Not for my games... but for all other random STUFF in the house.

Laz 01-10-2020 02:39 PM

I was feeling a bit claustrophobic watching you take all that stuff out of the old room. Great job with your gaming floor!

Ghostblaze 01-10-2020 05:28 PM

Looks great Metal Jesus! But I bet you don't have The Thing for PC in original box in your collection. So yeah, beat that.

brandonjclark 01-10-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2551462)
What I'd like to know is how you afford the ginormous houses you must need in the Seattle area to have room for your collection?! Are you buying 3000+ sqft all the time? Most houses here don't have basements either. I have 2500 sqft right now and need to cram my collection all on one wall of my living room which is also a family room and has a treadmill in it... and I still feel like we have no room. But I have two small kids, so maybe that's my problem.. Kick them out and make room for games! LOL

I think I'd rather have the family than the games.

But that's just me.

Metal Jesus 01-10-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2551462)
What I'd like to know is how you afford the ginormous houses you must need in the Seattle area to have room for your collection?!

They way we bought the new house is Real Estate 101: 14 years ago we bought an old fixer-upper in a ok part of Seattle. Finished the basement and held onto it while Amazon and Starbucks HQs started hiring and relocating people to our area. Property values increased enough to where when we went to refinance our mortgage last Sept, the loan person said "Hey, your house is currently worth over double what you owe. You could just leverage that as a downpayment on a new/better house and your mortgage would almost stay the same". SOLD!

We also decided to move slightly outside of Seattle to have our money go further and property taxes lower.

ElektroDragon 01-10-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2551487)
I think I'd rather have the family than the games.

But that's just me.

Dude it was a joke. :eek:

ElektroDragon 01-10-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Jesus (Post 2551489)
They way we bought the new house is Real Estate 101: 14 years ago we bought an old fixer-upper in a ok part of Seattle. Finished the basement and held onto it while Amazon and Starbucks HQs started hiring and relocating people to our area. Property values increased enough to where when we went to refinance our mortgage last Sept, the loan person said "Hey, your house is currently worth over double what you owe. You could just leverage that as a downpayment on a new/better house and your mortgage would almost stay the same". SOLD!

We also decided to move slightly outside of Seattle to have our money go further and property taxes lower.

Cool. We did that with my house in Bothell, purchased in '09, sold in '17.. PROFIT. Of course since I was making only 60% of what I do now back in '17, I had to move WAAAY far from Seattle to afford a nice house... like across the Puget sound, but hey at least I see the Olympics out my windows every morning and am still close to civilization. But if I had to do it NOW, I'd probably buy something over in Snoqualmie Ridge now that I can afford it, so I could commute to a job if I ever have to do that again. Sure it's easy to take a fast ferry to Seattle now, but if I ever had to get to Eastside that would be soooo painful.

blackzc 01-12-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Jesus (Post 2551489)

We also decided to move slightly outside of Seattle to have our money go further and property taxes lower.

Why did you really move tho?

Metal Jesus 01-12-2020 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2551711)
Why did you really move tho?

It's all in the video, my friend ;)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:29 AM.