Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Westworld Season 3 Release Date Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264748)

Evil Avatar 01-13-2020 06:30 AM

Westworld Season 3 Release Date Trailer

03.15.20 #Westworld

Evil Avatar 01-13-2020 06:58 AM

It doesn't look like anything to me.

Sensei-X 01-13-2020 07:17 PM

The trailers and clips don't really look like much, my expectations are low, still expect to be disappointed.

Evil Avatar 01-13-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensei-X (Post 2551762)
The trailers and clips don't really look like much, my expectations are low, still expect to be disappointed.

I thought the 2nd season was pretty disappointing. It should have been great to see the robots go crazy and take on the guests and the just mixed it up with the AI plot and it turned to total mush by the end of the season.

Moving the story away from the "Old West" and into new worlds this season also feels like a mistake. Half the fun of "Westworld" is that it takes place in the old west.

Moving it to India or Nazi occupied France or Japan just doesn't have the same impact. Not to mention it would be outright impossible to keep the guests from killing each other with swords. At least with Westworld you had the guns that didn't work on humans. (I know they had Roman World and Medieval Word in the original, but they spent 90% of the movie in Westworld.)

I'll still watch, but my expectations are pretty low.

And don't get me started on Watchmen. They killed Dr. Manhattan with a cage made out of old batteries? You killed a guy who can walk on the sun with a cage made out of batteries? Holy shit was that some bad writing.

Sensei-X 01-14-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2551763)
I thought the 2nd season was pretty disappointing. It should have been great to see the robots go crazy and take on the guests and the just mixed it up with the AI plot and it turned to total mush by the end of the season.

Moving the story away from the "Old West" and into new worlds this season also feels like a mistake. Half the fun of "Westworld" is that it takes place in the old west.

Moving it to India or Nazi occupied France or Japan just doesn't have the same impact. Not to mention it would be outright impossible to keep the guests from killing each other with swords. At least with Westworld you had the guns that didn't work on humans. (I know they had Roman World and Medieval Word in the original, but they spent 90% of the movie in Westworld.)

I'll still watch, but my expectations are pretty low.

And don't get me started on Watchmen. They killed Dr. Manhattan with a cage made out of old batteries? You killed a guy who can walk on the sun with a cage made out of batteries? Holy shit was that some bad writing.

I'm sure the whole new worlds aspect is part of some plot twist they hope will catch people by surprise, but I just can't help but think that it's going to be very cliched, cringe-worthy and everyone will see it coming a mile away.

Evil Avatar 01-14-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensei-X (Post 2551797)
I'm sure the whole new worlds aspect is part of some plot twist they hope will catch people by surprise, but I just can't help but think that it's going to be very cliched, cringe-worthy and everyone will see it coming a mile away.

Well, the full story never came out, but comic book writer Ed Brubaker wrote the plot outline for Season 1 of Westworld and wrote like most of the 10 episodes.

About half way into filming, HBO decided they wanted to do more than one season and asked Brubaker to re-write the last six episodes. He refused and got fired. That is why pretty much everything after the halfway point makes no sense and that is where they started doing the whole "time shift" thing and the big Delores/Wyatt AI plot that never made much sense and wasn't much fun to watch.

And the second season was more of the same. I agree with you, this season will mostly be pretty trite with a few nice set pieces and costumes and more crap about how humans are evil and the AI is so much better than we are. And since I'm not paying for it, I'll still watch it anyway.