Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Red Dead 2 Online Updates Outlined, Will Remain In Beta For Now (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258034)

Emabulator 01-10-2019 09:14 AM

Red Dead 2 Online Updates Outlined, Will Remain In Beta For Now

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:

Red Dead Redemption 2 was released in October to much acclaim, with its multiplayer component, Red Dead Online, launching in late November. The online mode hasn't been received quite as warmly, though Rockstar did distinguish in advance that it was only a beta. That will remain the case for the foreseeable future, although the company has outlined some of the updates and new content that are on the way.

In a blog post announcing the launch of a new battle royale-style mode called Gun Rush, Rockstar stated, "Red Dead Online will stay in beta for a few more months yet as we have many more new gameplay features to add across the board as well as further changes to improve, stabilize and refine the overall experience."

MavenACTG 01-10-2019 01:37 PM

You maniacs! You blew it up!

Adding a Battle Royale mode would fit in with a Wild West theme. Maybe they should have called it Wild Wild West mode.

PatrickRes9 01-11-2019 07:22 AM

Battle Royale! Battle Royale! There at my enough of em out there yet. Need more!

SpectralThundr 01-11-2019 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2527950)
Battle Royale! Battle Royale! There at my enough of em out there yet. Need more!

BR's are just as crappy as MOBA's. How people love Fortnite and PubG is beyond me.

Chimpbot 01-11-2019 08:39 AM

I remember a time when "Battle Royale" was just called "Deathmatch".

MavenACTG 01-11-2019 01:52 PM

I will probably get back into it when they add Daily Challenges or something of a little more substance to the Free Roam.

Terran 01-11-2019 03:36 PM

I've actually enjoyed watching the final five or so contestants in BR mode games (Fortnite, Blops). I've seen my sons and brother win and the tension definitely makes the game much more enjoyable at the end.

The problem is that the cull to get down to the last five or ten is BORING AS HELL. Gather resources, stay in the safe zone, gather weapons, stay in the safe zone, shoot perhaps one person, gather more shit, wait a bit, blah blah blah.

It's like a friggin' basketball game. I only need the last five minutes, because they're all at about a five point spread in the last five minutes anyways. The rest is a gigantic snore. And when you watch someone die and come in 80th or so, it's like...gee, that looked so fun! /s

SpectralThundr 01-11-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2527960)
I remember a time when "Battle Royale" was just called "Deathmatch".

Hardcore Deathmatch if you wanna be proper about it. There's that whole one life thing and all. PubG could be a fun game, if it weren't a buggy broken mess from day one and still is. And Fortnite suffers from the cartoon rainbow vomit all over the screen visuals that's all so the rage these days.