Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dead or Alive 6 Announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253916)

LostToys 06-09-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2514406)

I think it's disingenuous to say "that all costs thousands fo dollars" because you weren't intended to buy it ALL. That's like suggesting that you are intended to buy a pizza with everything the store offers on it as a topping.

Well, they went the Namco route and made something like 25 costume packs, all of which you have to pay for. So if you have a costume that you absolutely liked, you would have had to pay for it because the Core and Final Round games were bare bones when it came to secondary and alternative outfits.

Team Ninja will definitely pull the same shit with this game, so it will likely go from a hard buy to a hard pirate because I am not going to be locked out of outfits because the developer knows whales will be willing to put up $9 bi-monthly for a new costume pack.

JazGalaxy 06-09-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514410)
That's called a supreme pizza and we order it all the time. :rolleyes:

Sorry. I misspoke. I hope your family enjoys your garlic, anchovy, pineapple pizza.

JazGalaxy 06-09-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2514427)
Well, they went the Namco route and made something like 25 costume packs, all of which you have to pay for. So if you have a costume that you absolutely liked, you would have had to pay for it because the Core and Final Round games were bare bones when it came to secondary and alternative outfits.

Team Ninja will definitely pull the same shit with this game, so it will likely go from a hard buy to a hard pirate because I am not going to be locked out of outfits because the developer knows whales will be willing to put up $9 bi-monthly for a new costume pack.

I guess I’ll just have to be the odd man out in not understrant9mg why it’s considered “pulling shit”. I bought DOA 5 and it contained everything I expected out of a DOA game. The they kept making more costumes which you could buy if you wanted. That’s how I thought DLC was SUPPOSED to work. Its a complete 180* difference from what Capcom did with Street Fighter 5.

I especially hate to see Tecmo getting this rep because the best thing about DOA 5 was that it was pretty much the LAST fighting game that sold an old school complete package in the box. (Later Mortal Kombat did as well.)

Tecmo shouldn’t be punished because they decided to keep churning out gameplay irrelevant DLC long past when everyone else stops.

Evil Avatar 06-10-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2514436)
Sorry. I misspoke. I hope your family enjoys your garlic, anchovy, pineapple pizza.

Yes, we do. (And they don’t offer anchovies, I don’t know of anywhere that does any more.)

LostToys 06-10-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2514442)
Tecmo shouldn’t be punished because they decided to keep churning out gameplay irrelevant DLC long past when everyone else stops.

They should. Because it shows their priority as a developer. Dead or Alive and Xtreme Beach Volleyball are more shells of what they used to be because they are are becoming more "waifu simulators" and exploiting people who will spend a lot of money on simple things like cosmetics. It is the same reason why I stopped paying full price for games like Senran Kagura and Tales Of because they purposefully lock out outfits and accessories, which used to be items you could get just by playing the game, to charge the consumer for them at a later date.

I bought Dead or Alive 5 on the PS4 and pretty much instantly regretted it once I saw the type of DLC they were coming out with and finished the title with. So Dead or Alive 6 is going to be a very hard sell for me this time around.

Scherge 06-11-2018 02:16 AM

I liked the story mode in DoA5 well enough, but I found myself playing almost exclusively with Sarah Bryant, a guest character from "Virtua Fighter", afterwards. I really only want a new VF at this point.

That said, I have to say that the few snippets I've seen of DoA6 so far look fairly unexciting. From part 2 to part 4, Dead or Alive has always been a technology showcase. That's not the case here, at all, and I've really gotten tired of all the dollfaces. As Jaz alluded to, there are now so many teenage anime girls with nearly identical facial features that I can't keep them apart anymore. Take away Kasumi's ninja outfit and ponytail, and she looks just like 3 or 4 other female fighters.

I wonder if the collision detection is better this time around, because that kinda sucked in DoA5 - and it's the most important part of any fighting game!