Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dead or Alive 6 Announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253916)

Evil Avatar 06-08-2018 07:49 PM

Dead or Alive 6 Announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC
 
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1758/2...a1437750_z.jpg

Click on the Headline for the Announcement Trailer.

Evil Avatar 06-08-2018 07:49 PM


mojo_x 06-08-2018 09:19 PM

No titillation? No sale.

Goddamn feminists.

karaliusbronius 06-08-2018 09:37 PM

Sorry, taking away a good thing about it? No sale. Tired of this crap. Sure, they'll keep putting in guys without shirts, super physically fit but the second a guy wants to have a chick in a game with nice tits its the worst thing ever. People are attracted to big tits, not a bad thing. I'm pretty sure the new Tomb Raider would have done better in the box office if she would have had some.

Sensei-X 06-08-2018 10:00 PM

lol, the boobs will be in there I'm sure, granted the "excessive bounce" will be gone. But I'm betting revealing outfits will be be locked behind a wall of DLC. For those keeping track DOA5 currently has $1,289.79 worth of DLC.... so I can't see Koei walking away from that.

Evil Avatar 06-08-2018 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo_x (Post 2514369)
No titillation? No sale.

Goddamn feminists.

This company still makes their Beach porn game for the Japanese market. They might not be releasing those titles in the USA, but they are certainly not feminists.

I imagine there will still be lots of mini-costumes and bouncy boobies in this game. More than enough to live up to the heritage.

JazGalaxy 06-08-2018 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514376)
This company still makes their Beach porn game for the Japanese market. They might not be releasing those titles in the USA, but they are certainly not feminists.

I imagine there will still be lots of mini-costumes and bouncy boobies in this game. More than enough to live up to the heritage.

I think Japanese developers got scared when certain games were being actively protested against and shouted down. I recall reading a few statements from developers who seemed entirely confused by the whole concept. So only now are we seeing games that have been made from the ground up with that response in mind.

You’ll notice for example that the trailer shows men fighting for a good long while before females ever show up. That’s incredibly uncharacteristic of DOA.

I keep seeing people complaining about DOA’s DLC, but I don’t understand that a bit. Aren’t they doing exactly what DLC was SUPPOSED to be from day 1? DOA 5 was a fully featured game with dozens of characters and tons of unlockables. And if you still wanted more beyond that, you could buy it. If it wasn’t DLC, it never would have been made in the first place.

ministryofwrath 06-09-2018 01:11 AM

If they remove nipple pasties and string thongs, I won't be angry.



If they remove nipples and short skirts, things that are sexual in a non-porno kind of way, I'll be really angry.


I see they've removed nipples from the ninja suit already.


Ironically I think soul caliber brought back takis nipples.



they need to stop making games for politics.



some things are universally taboo, but for fucks sake STOP, especially as japan, censoring your self for other countries.



I don't need nude ninjas, but don't change something for the minority of your fans that don't fund your success, that's not business it's stupidity

JazGalaxy 06-09-2018 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ministryofwrath (Post 2514379)
If they remove nipple pasties and string thongs, I won't be angry.



If they remove nipples and short skirts, things that are sexual in a non-porno kind of way, I'll be really angry.


I see they've removed nipples from the ninja suit already.


Ironically I think soul caliber brought back takis nipples.



they need to stop making games for politics.



some things are universally taboo, but for fucks sake STOP, especially as japan, censoring your self for other countries.



I don't need nude ninjas, but don't change something for the minority of your fans that don't fund your success, that's not business it's stupidity

Well, I agree with a lot of what you have written. But we can’t make the uninformed argument of, “you are changing this because you are caving to pressure and That’s bad business!” Because we have no idea about either of those things.

It’s undenisble that the culture has changed, but it’s not just “SJWs” driving that change. A lot of it also has to do with outside factors like the over-abundance of porn and porn-like products in everyday culture. Heck, the average teenage girl dresses in ways that would make a DOA 1 character blush. So young men aren’t as interested in buying sexualized content as they used to be. Or st least, not if it’s marketed in the same way.

Similarly, there just wasn’t anywhere for DOA to go with its characters the way they were in DOA 5. And I say this as a big DOA fan. The “perfect” Asian standard of beauty was already a little bit boring and getting more boring as they introduced more characters who became indistinguishable from one another.

I remain optimistic about this game.

ministryofwrath 06-09-2018 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2514380)
Well, I agree with a lot of what you have written. But we can’t make the uninformed argument of, “you are changing this because you are caving to pressure and That’s bad business!” Because we have no idea about either of those things.

It’s undenisble that the culture has changed, but it’s not just “SJWs” driving that change. A lot of it also has to do with outside factors like the over-abundance of porn and porn-like products in everyday culture. Heck, the average teenage girl dresses in ways that would make a DOA 1 character blush. So young men aren’t as interested in buying sexualized content as they used to be. Or st least, not if it’s marketed in the same way.

Similarly, there just wasn’t anywhere for DOA to go with its characters the way they were in DOA 5. And I say this as a big DOA fan. The “perfect” Asian standard of beauty was already a little bit boring and getting more boring as they introduced more characters who became indistinguishable from one another.

I remain optimistic about this game.

Don't get me wrong, I paid for a console just to play a previous chapter back in the day.


The games used to have grate cinematic, sadly the story in each equals vanished.


That being said, sure some of the outfits break immersion of the fight, but it's also part of a fighting game to have the characters dress like a bad ass, almost every fighting game has this.


So it isn't so much I disagree fighting in a venus thong kills the story, as it is the players choice to dress the character this way, or even more so, out of story in survival mode for a example.


I'm hoping it's good, so far I will say I love the removal of falling off cliffs and sustaining a sliver of health bar damage.


a 100ft drop would hurt more than a kick to the face.

EL CABONG 06-09-2018 05:54 AM

Video is not working for me. Is this a full price game? I'm avoided 5 because of all the nickel and diming. I don't mind paying full price. I can live with a season pass. I just don't like their F2p model.

Paranoia 06-09-2018 06:29 AM

Taking the breast physics makes it easier for everyone to forget about this game.

ashikenshin 06-09-2018 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoia (Post 2514387)
Taking the breast physics makes it easier for everyone to forget about this game.

Yup. I hate it when companies turn theirs backs on the customers that made them famoso in the first place. They will lose money

JazGalaxy 06-09-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2514384)
Video is not working for me. Is this a full price game? I'm avoided 5 because of all the nickel and diming. I don't mind paying full price. I can live with a season pass. I just don't like their F2p model.

I don’t understand. DOA 5 wasn’t free to play. It was a full game. Released twice. Once as a ps3 game and an ultimate edition released as a PS4 game. I own both of them.

They re-released the entire ting as a free to play game later. But you could always buy the whole game as a stand-alone disc.

Sensei-X 06-09-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2514393)
I don’t understand. DOA 5 wasn’t free to play. It was a full game. Released twice. Once as a ps3 game and an ultimate edition released as a PS4 game. I own both of them.

They re-released the entire ting as a free to play game later. But you could always buy the whole game as a stand-alone disc.

The full game was never really the "full" game, there was always hundreds of dollars of DLC that's not included in the game even now.

http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/De...adable_Content

EL CABONG 06-09-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2514393)
I don’t understand. DOA 5 wasn’t free to play. It was a full game. Released twice. Once as a ps3 game and an ultimate edition released as a PS4 game. I own both of them.

They re-released the entire ting as a free to play game later. But you could always buy the whole game as a stand-alone disc.

I thought it was a f2p thing. Never saw it on a store shelf.

JazGalaxy 06-09-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensei-X (Post 2514399)
The full game was never really the "full" game, there was always hundreds of dollars of DLC that's not included in the game even now.

http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/De...adable_Content

Well, I mean, again: I own two versions of DOA 5.

It's original release was a full title. It had a full story mode with cut scenes and everything. It had a roster of about 30 characters, half of them requiring unlocking. Every single character had at least 5 different costumes that could be unlocked. It had a tag battle mode, time attack, survival modes, and etc. It had about a dozen stages or so.

The release had much more included than that with more stages, I think a few after-release characters and many more costumes.

The fact that they continued making costumes to sell to people for, like, 5 years doesn't mean they were holding content back from the customer. I think that's the way DLC SHOULD work. There was always a full game that you could pay full price for and be done. That they added content was just more fluff for the people who wanted it. If those extra costumers weren't DLC, they wouldn't exist.

JazGalaxy 06-09-2018 12:01 PM

I think there might be some confusion about what DOA5 is vs. what Core Fighters is.

Basically DOA 5 ran it's full course as a game and was released as DOA5:Final Round, which was all the content up until that point. That was the "final" version of DOA5.

Then they released "Core Fighters" which was a free to play version fo the game that allowed you to play DOA5 for free with just 4(?) characters and no costumes. Everything else was purchasable. It was basically a "build your own DOA5" method that allowed you to purchase just the costumes and characters you wanted without paying for the full game.

I think it's disingenuous to say "that all costs thousands fo dollars" because you weren't intended to buy it ALL. That's like suggesting that you are intended to buy a pizza with everything the store offers on it as a topping.

Evil Avatar 06-09-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2514406)
That's like suggesting that you are intended to buy a pizza with everything the store offers on it as a topping.

That's called a supreme pizza and we order it all the time. :rolleyes:

LostToys 06-09-2018 03:48 PM

Man, I really wish they had improved the hair in this game. After playing games like Tomb Raider with some kind of HairFX/TressFX, it is hard going back to ponytailed ladies who hair is just textured triangles. Even Witcher 3 level of hair would be good enough at this point.

LostToys 06-09-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2514406)

I think it's disingenuous to say "that all costs thousands fo dollars" because you weren't intended to buy it ALL. That's like suggesting that you are intended to buy a pizza with everything the store offers on it as a topping.

Well, they went the Namco route and made something like 25 costume packs, all of which you have to pay for. So if you have a costume that you absolutely liked, you would have had to pay for it because the Core and Final Round games were bare bones when it came to secondary and alternative outfits.

Team Ninja will definitely pull the same shit with this game, so it will likely go from a hard buy to a hard pirate because I am not going to be locked out of outfits because the developer knows whales will be willing to put up $9 bi-monthly for a new costume pack.

JazGalaxy 06-09-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514410)
That's called a supreme pizza and we order it all the time. :rolleyes:

Sorry. I misspoke. I hope your family enjoys your garlic, anchovy, pineapple pizza.

JazGalaxy 06-09-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2514427)
Well, they went the Namco route and made something like 25 costume packs, all of which you have to pay for. So if you have a costume that you absolutely liked, you would have had to pay for it because the Core and Final Round games were bare bones when it came to secondary and alternative outfits.

Team Ninja will definitely pull the same shit with this game, so it will likely go from a hard buy to a hard pirate because I am not going to be locked out of outfits because the developer knows whales will be willing to put up $9 bi-monthly for a new costume pack.

I guess I’ll just have to be the odd man out in not understrant9mg why it’s considered “pulling shit”. I bought DOA 5 and it contained everything I expected out of a DOA game. The they kept making more costumes which you could buy if you wanted. That’s how I thought DLC was SUPPOSED to work. Its a complete 180* difference from what Capcom did with Street Fighter 5.

I especially hate to see Tecmo getting this rep because the best thing about DOA 5 was that it was pretty much the LAST fighting game that sold an old school complete package in the box. (Later Mortal Kombat did as well.)

Tecmo shouldn’t be punished because they decided to keep churning out gameplay irrelevant DLC long past when everyone else stops.

Evil Avatar 06-10-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2514436)
Sorry. I misspoke. I hope your family enjoys your garlic, anchovy, pineapple pizza.


Yes, we do. (And they don’t offer anchovies, I don’t know of anywhere that does any more.)

LostToys 06-10-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2514442)
Tecmo shouldn’t be punished because they decided to keep churning out gameplay irrelevant DLC long past when everyone else stops.

They should. Because it shows their priority as a developer. Dead or Alive and Xtreme Beach Volleyball are more shells of what they used to be because they are are becoming more "waifu simulators" and exploiting people who will spend a lot of money on simple things like cosmetics. It is the same reason why I stopped paying full price for games like Senran Kagura and Tales Of because they purposefully lock out outfits and accessories, which used to be items you could get just by playing the game, to charge the consumer for them at a later date.

I bought Dead or Alive 5 on the PS4 and pretty much instantly regretted it once I saw the type of DLC they were coming out with and finished the title with. So Dead or Alive 6 is going to be a very hard sell for me this time around.

Scherge 06-11-2018 02:16 AM

I liked the story mode in DoA5 well enough, but I found myself playing almost exclusively with Sarah Bryant, a guest character from "Virtua Fighter", afterwards. I really only want a new VF at this point.

That said, I have to say that the few snippets I've seen of DoA6 so far look fairly unexciting. From part 2 to part 4, Dead or Alive has always been a technology showcase. That's not the case here, at all, and I've really gotten tired of all the dollfaces. As Jaz alluded to, there are now so many teenage anime girls with nearly identical facial features that I can't keep them apart anymore. Take away Kasumi's ninja outfit and ponytail, and she looks just like 3 or 4 other female fighters.

I wonder if the collision detection is better this time around, because that kinda sucked in DoA5 - and it's the most important part of any fighting game!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 AM.