Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PlayStation 5 Launching Holiday 2020 with new Controller (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263203)

Evil Avatar 10-08-2019 06:46 AM

PlayStation 5 Launching Holiday 2020 with new Controller

Quote:

Since we originally unveiled our next-generation console in April, we know that there’s been a lot of excitement and interest in hearing more about what the future of games will bring. Today I’m proud to share that our next-generation console will be called PlayStation 5, and we’ll be launching in time for Holiday 2020.

These updates may not be a huge surprise, but we wanted to confirm them for our PlayStation fans, as we start to reveal additional details about our vision for the next generation. WIRED magazine covered these updates and more in a story that posted this morning.

The “more” refers to something I’m quite excited about – a preview of the new controller that will ship with PlayStation 5. One of our goals with the next generation is to deepen the feeling of immersion when you play games, and we had the opportunity with our new controller to reimagine how the sense of touch can add to that immersion.

To that end, there are two key innovations with the PlayStation 5’s new controller. First, we’re adopting haptic feedback to replace the “rumble” technology found in controllers since the 5th generation of consoles. With haptics, you truly feel a broader range of feedback, so crashing into a wall in a race car feels much different than making a tackle on the football field. You can even get a sense for a variety of textures when running through fields of grass or plodding through mud.

The second innovation is something we call adaptive triggers, which have been incorporated into the trigger buttons (L2/R2). Developers can program the resistance of the triggers so that you feel the tactile sensation of drawing a bow and arrow or accelerating an off-road vehicle through rocky terrain. In combination with the haptics, this can produce a powerful experience that better simulates various actions. Game creators have started to receive early versions of the new controller, and we can’t wait to see where their imagination goes with these new features at their disposal.

While there’s much more to share about PlayStation 5 in the year ahead, we have plenty of blockbuster experiences coming your way on PS4, including Death Stranding, The Last of Us Part II, and Ghost of Tsushima. I’d like to thank all PlayStation fans for continuing the journey with us, as we embark on the future of games.
PlayStation Blog.

Azrael 10-08-2019 10:01 AM

I've been on the fence about picking up a PS4 for a while now - couple games i just have to play

- RDR2 (thankfully now coming to PC)
- New GOW
- Spiderman Game
Most importantly FF7 remake.

If FF7 remake dosnt make it to the PS5 i'll still get the PS4 at some point

blackzc 10-08-2019 10:19 AM

Please have a screen on it. Please have a screen on it.

vallor 10-08-2019 10:19 AM

OMG, such surprise! Who knew?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2545716)
Please have a screen on it. Please have a screen on it.

WTF for? Unless they are doing a Nintendo Switch screen is just another point of failure, a gimmick, and a huge amount of extra cost.

Mozgus 10-08-2019 11:37 AM

The controller will be revealed to be some unholy fucking retarded shape like that batterang sony controller was, probably have a few bizarre tech gimmicks attached to it, and then people will get in a hissy fit over it, and sony will backpeddle like the blazes to just give us another controller that feels exactly the same as the PS1 dual shock does.

Metal Jesus 10-08-2019 11:47 AM

Expect a low cost PS4 Pro console in 2020. Something in the $249.99 range that they can sell for the next couple years during the transition.

karaliusbronius 10-08-2019 12:02 PM

I will be buying a couple of these to replace my PS4s since they indicated they'll be backwards compatible with PS4 (i'm still hoping for PS1-PS3). What I'm curious about is the rumor that there will be two models right off the bat. A regular one that is more in the price range of average consumer's wallets and a "pro" version that is more expensive. Launching both at the same time would be weird, would that mean a bigger hard drive and more RAM? PS5s are supposed to have 2 hard drives, so maybe the pro would have a bigger/faster SSD and bigger/faster standard hard drive? Maybe the "pro" would have more USB ports or the VR box built in that the current PSVR has external. I dunno, just speculating. I don't care what it looks like, as long as its not super freak'n loud.

PatrickRes9 10-08-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2545717)

WTF for? Unless they are doing a Nintendo Switch screen is just another point of failure, a gimmick, and a huge amount of extra cost.

Oh you know, so all the games can be portable. Very nice feature.

Hellstorm 10-08-2019 03:58 PM

Haptic feedback huh? Bout time Sony caught up to the Switch.

vallor 10-08-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2545739)
Oh you know, so all the games can be portable. Very nice feature.

You didn't comprehend. Read the whole post twice before deleting yours since I covered that ground.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karaliusbronius (Post 2545734)
What I'm curious about is the rumor that there will be two models right off the bat. A regular one that is more in the price range of average consumer's wallets and a "pro" version that is more expensive. Launching both at the same time would be weird, would that mean a bigger hard drive and more RAM? PS5s are supposed to have 2 hard drives, so maybe the pro would have a bigger/faster SSD and bigger/faster standard hard drive? Maybe the "pro" would have more USB ports or the VR box built in that the current PSVR has external. I dunno, just speculating. I don't care what it looks like, as long as its not super freak'n loud.

Depending on the price delta if all a "pro" has is a performance boost over the base model it would take a lot to sell me on a "pro" at launch knowing mid-cycle they'll release something twice as powerful.

Sony will make sure all games are compatible with the base model even if "super feature X" or whatever was a pro feature.

PatrickRes9 10-08-2019 08:06 PM

Oh. read the whole thing. Now I'm deleting my post. I'm thoroughly triggered and outraged, and quitting this site for good.

"Good riddance to bad rubbish I say!"

Me too.

Later nerds!

vallor 10-08-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2545771)
Oh. read the whole thing. Now I'm deleting my post. I'm thoroughly triggered and outraged, and quitting this site for good.

"Good riddance to bad rubbish I say!"

Me too.

Later nerds!

Such biting wit and sarcasm! Whatevs. If you had just read the bit about the Switch you wouldn't have looked like an idiot. But why change? Looking like an idiot is what makes you YOU and such a vital part of the Evil Avatar community! Your intellect will be greatly missed.

Chief Smash 10-09-2019 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2545773)
Such biting wit and sarcasm! Whatevs. If you had just read the bit about the Switch you wouldn't have looked like an idiot. But why change? Looking like an idiot is what makes you YOU and such a vital part of the Evil Avatar community! Your intellect will be greatly missed.

http://i.qkme.me/3r9wef.jpg

blackzc 10-09-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2545717)

I mean, how much does a low res screen and a cheap receiver/transmitter cost at this point?

And why is cost always some super important fucking thing when video games are at an all time level of same ol same ol generic crap?

Beep, make game, boop, same as other game. Ive played a few games over the years so i could be jaded, but surly your average 16 year old can get on YT and see that F.E.A.R. looks like a game from 2019 minus a few animations and is all like, bru, why do games look so shitty now? I aint paying $60 for this shit. The hardcore players will always buy no matter what, but they are losers with no life and cannot support the games market alone. Right? Right?

The WiiU was a great idea, it just needs to be standardized and maybe simplified. A small screen on the PS5 contoller displaying helpful but not critical at all time information could really ad to a games engagement.

Bottom line, im doing my part to meme this shit into coming back, but i really do believe its a better way to game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Jesus (Post 2545732)
Expect a low cost PS4 Pro console in 2020. Something in the $249.99 range that they can sell for the next couple years during the transition.

Your right, i feel the PS4 still has alot of leg left. But boy do miss buying new consoles for $99 while i complain about overly cheap implementations of them lol.

ElektroDragon 10-11-2019 11:12 PM

Prediction: The PS5 will have an innovative controller because Sony has been kicking Microsoft's ass on controllers for a long time. Xbox Scarlett will be way more powerful but will have the same dumb as a brick controller that still accepts AA batteries.

No big deal for me I'm buying both. Only exclusives will really take advantage of the new controller features anyway.

Misanthropist 10-12-2019 04:09 AM

I am always late to the next gen console party. I put a 2 TB SSD into my pro for super quick load times, and a backlog of 40-50 games. The ps5 has very limited appeal when the ps4 library is so massive and cheap thanks to HEN exploits.

vallor 10-12-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2546088)
Prediction: The PS5 will have an innovative controller because Sony has been kicking Microsoft's ass on controllers for a long time.

Are you high? The Xbox controller has been the gold standard since they ditched the Duke and went to the "S" form factor.

The "innovations" beyond the PS controllers being rechargeable out of the box have been mostly worthless. The Touch Pad? What a gimmick! More buttons would have been far better. The lights? Also a gimmick. Better battery life ftw.

Quote:

Xbox Scarlett will be way more powerful but will have the same dumb as a brick controller that still accepts AA batteries.
Yes, this is really annoying. All the little things MS does to monetize the controllers is shit.

BeardedSonOfNel 10-12-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2546111)
Are you high? The Xbox controller has been the gold standard since they ditched the Duke and went to the "S" form factor.

Preach on brother Vallor!!!

SpectralThundr 10-13-2019 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellstorm (Post 2545750)
Haptic feedback huh? Bout time Sony caught up to the Switch.

LOL such a ridiculous statement, how's those joycons that have such a habit of breaking, even on the new light model considered something that needs to be "caught up to?" Never mind that it's an underpowered piece of shit to begin with. Nintendo Zealots and their alternate realities it's hilarious.