Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Lion King Official Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259869)

Evil Avatar 04-10-2019 07:16 AM

The Lion King Official Trailer

Quote:

Director Jon Favreau’s all-new “The Lion King” journeys to the African savanna where a future king is born. Simba idolizes his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his. The all-star cast includes Donald Glover as Simba, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as Nala, James Earl Jones as Mufasa, Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar, Seth Rogen as Pumbaa and Billy Eichner as Timon. Utilizing pioneering filmmaking techniques to bring treasured characters to life in a whole new way, Disney’s “The Lion King” roars into theaters on July 19, 2019.

NACIONAL 04-10-2019 07:31 AM

That looks fucking fantastic...

Unlike Dumbo and Aladdin which I will not see.

Evil Avatar 04-10-2019 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NACIONAL (Post 2535147)
That looks fucking fantastic...

Unlike Dumbo and Aladdin which I will not see.

It looks amazing, but knowing it's an almost shot-for-shot remake kinda takes a lot of the wind out of going to see it.

We went to Jungle Book in 3D and had a good time, we might do the same for this one.

Mondopest 04-10-2019 07:58 AM

This hurts my brain... It looks so strikingly good... But isn't it just a fancy CGI remake of an animated film? I don't know why they've mentioned its "live action" in the past.

brandonjclark 04-10-2019 10:02 AM

How can you NOT go see this one?

I have a feeling it's going to break records.

MavenACTG 04-10-2019 10:24 AM

I'll wait for the 4D remake in 2053.

LostToys 04-10-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2535168)

Because the Lion King, like Beauty and the Beast before it, do not need remakes. They are already great films in their own right. Remakes should really be reserved for making a bad/good film great.

So I am going to skip this film like I have for the majority of animation-to-live action retellings that Disney has produced.

vallor 04-10-2019 12:50 PM

Looks fan-fucking-tastic. It will make more money than any of the live action movies to date.

So amazing looking I can't believe it. Human CGI characters that beat uncanny valley can't be that far away at the rate these artists are moving things forward. First with the Unreal demo thing and now with how well they do animals.

I won't pay see it, not just because I oppose the idea of the live action remake of the classic cartoons, but because I'm no longer supporting Disney with my dollars, just like I buy Unilever products instead of Proctor and Gamble/Gillette, but I can still admire how amazing an achievement it is.

EL CABONG 04-10-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2535175)
Because the Lion King, like Beauty and the Beast before it, do not need remakes. They are already great films in their own right. Remakes should really be reserved for making a bad/good film great.

So I am going to skip this film like I have for the majority of animation-to-live action retellings that Disney has produced.

This. also I thought LK as alright. Its good. I just think it is super overrated.
Its not terrible. I just don't lose my shit over it like alot of people.

Terran 04-10-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2535168)

I won't be seeing it. Pretty easy to do, lol!

Chief Smash 04-10-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2535177)
This. also I thought LK as alright. Its good. I just think it is super overrated.
Its not terrible. I just don't lose my shit over it like alot of people.

Agreed. I enjoyed most of the movies from that era but I never understood people’s obsession with Lion King. It’s good but I never thought it was great.

Terran 04-10-2019 05:55 PM

Shakespeare did it better.

MavenACTG 04-11-2019 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2535195)
Agreed. I enjoyed most of the movies from that era but I never understood people’s obsession with Lion King. It’s good but I never thought it was great.

You must not know any Disney fans. You know, the people who religiously attend Disneyland with their friends on a weekly basis. In their 30's.

shadow763 04-11-2019 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2535209)
You must not know any Disney fans. You know, the people who religiously attend Disneyland with their friends on a weekly basis. In their 30's.

Nerds.

Looks better than I would have thought. Jeremy Irons is still alive though, and his performance as Scar was perfect. I wish they would have had him reprise his role.

Evil Avatar 04-11-2019 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2535209)

I can beat that. :D