Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Amazon Drops New The Boys Teaser (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258354)

Evil Avatar 01-24-2019 08:00 PM

Amazon Drops New The Boys Teaser

Quote:

In a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame, THE BOYS centers on a group of vigilantes known informally as “The Boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than their blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty. THE BOYS is a fun and irreverent take on what happens when superheroes – who are as popular as celebrities, as influential as politicians and as revered as Gods – abuse their superpowers rather than use them for good. It’s the powerless against the super powerful as The Boys embark on a heroic quest to expose the truth about “The Seven,” and Vought – the multi-billion dollar conglomerate that manages these superheroes. Coming Summer 2019.

ElektroDragon 01-24-2019 11:12 PM

This sounds and looks so dumb. Thankfully I'm canceling Prime as soon as it expires this April. $120, no more game discounts, good luck with that.

MavenACTG 01-25-2019 05:09 AM

Turning Superhero fatigue into a movie or "What if we did Watchmen, but, like for WWE fans?"

Evil Avatar 01-25-2019 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2529222)
Turning Superhero fatigue into a movie or "What if we did Watchmen, but, like for WWE fans?"

You need to read the comics. It's not even in the same category as Watchmen at all. It's a comedic takedown of Super Hero stories with an excess of sex and drugs.

I doubt we will get to see all the great stuff from the comics in an Amazon series. They aren't HBO.

Their pilot for Edge was totallyl over-the-top HBO stuff and of course that was the series they didn't make and made The Tick instead.

MavenACTG 01-25-2019 04:42 PM

I didn't even know it was a comic, but should have figured it was an adaption of something!

Edit: DUDE! Why didn't you say it was written by Garth Ennis? LOVED his Punisher: MAX Run.

blackzc 01-26-2019 08:33 AM

Lol!!

Evil Avatar 01-26-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2529273)
I didn't even know it was a comic, but should have figured it was an adaption of something!

Edit: DUDE! Why didn't you say it was written by Garth Ennis? LOVED his Punisher: MAX Run.

It's been a while since I read it. I have like the first 10 issues or so and then they started doing spin-off mini-series and I kinda lost track of it. Great series though.

smgalia 01-26-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2529305)
It's been a while since I read it. I have like the first 10 issues or so and then they started doing spin-off mini-series and I kinda lost track of it. Great series though.

GREAT read if you're a dark humor comic book fan. I read all of it, spin offs and all. I was wondering of they'd ever get around to do a show about it, since Preacher came out. Now, they just need to do "The Pro" and I'll be happy. Yeah, the trailer sucks ass, almost as if they won't have a lot of the story in it, and I'm sure you'll never get all the "good stuff" on screen, so I'll give this a watch.

MavenACTG 01-26-2019 06:01 PM

Ennis is the *MAN.* Grounded, interesting, dark.

wunshot 01-27-2019 06:23 PM

Dude wrote Preacher. That's all you need to know..

MavenACTG 01-27-2019 10:05 PM

There is no way the show is going to be half as good or indepth as the comic, the hard, hard R aside.