Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The New Details Of Fallout 76's New Survival Mode (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258417)

HawkLeo 01-29-2019 01:45 AM

The New Details Of Fallout 76's New Survival Mode
 

Quote:

The Bethesda Game Studios now is sharing new details about "Fallout 76's" upcoming player-verses-player survival mode.

The studio finally decided to create Survival mode after it received massive feedback from players looking for a greater competitive challenge with fewer PvP (Player Versus Player) restrictions and more incentives, it said in an update on Thursday. So far, it is still working on the mode internally and Bethesda plans to bring it into the live game step by step, putting more features and content over time.

As long as Bethesda starts to beta testing the new feature, players could choose whether they would like to play Adventure mode (the default "Fallout 76" experience) or Survival mode. The second mode would have all the same quests, events, and the story of the first (Adventure) mode. Gamers have the ability to create new characters or use existing ones, according to Bethesda said. If they do use existing characters, all of their progress from Adventure mode will transfer over. But, that also means actions taken in Survival mode - for instance, like using up ammo, completing quests, and spending Fallout 76 bottle caps, affect the Adventure mode, too.

According to what Bethesda said: "If you'd rather keep your existing characters as they are, we recommend starting a new one when you head into the more challenging Survival mode."

Except for teammates and event groupmates all players are automatically flagged as hostile while in the mode of Survival, which this means they can attack each other at any time and without any restrictions. Bethesda also claimed that level scaling works the same as it does in Adventure mode. "This will help to level the playing field a bit and give newer characters a fighting chance against high-level players they might encounter during their adventures in the Wasteland. As a result, you'll need to keep your wits about you during every hostile encounter, because even low-level characters can pose a real threat," it said.

After the beta launches, Bethesda also plans to experiment with different rules. So far, the dead gamers still canít use the seek revenge respawn option. They only can respawn at their C.A.M.P. or Vault 76. Bethesda also wants to award twice as many Caps for player kills, and they might drop some Fallout 76 items when they drop. "Added risks and rewards like these in Survival mode PvP will make each of your deaths more devastating, and every kill you rack up much more lucrative," Bethesda said. "However, it's important to note that these changes aren't set in stone, and we'll be looking to make adjustments based on playtesting and your feedback during the Survival Beta."

Last but not least, Bethesda said it plans to roll out in-game leaderboards during the Survival Beta. It will share more details on that closer to the beta's start date. Even though the developer stated it hopes to launch the beta version in March, it said it still has a lot more work to do on the leaderboards and other features and may need more time for testing. So the players may need more patience.

AlfredT 01-29-2019 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawkLeo (Post 2529423)
The studio finally decided to create Survival mode after it received massive feedback from players looking for a greater competitive challenge with fewer PvP (Player Versus Player) restrictions and more incentives..

I've never heard anyone not liking Fallout 76 due to unsatisfying PVP. This seems like compounding stupidity and wasting resources on a mode no one really asked for versus making your shit game less shit.

SpectralThundr 01-29-2019 07:42 AM

Bethesda is completely out of touch at this point, just sell the IP already.

Vulture 01-29-2019 07:54 AM

At this point when they are promoting fake leather jackets to go with their fake canvas bags, I just think it's a SJW scam(watch the bethesda corp videos claming how "woke" they are) to milk the gamergate non-PC people.

AlfredT 01-29-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulture (Post 2529448)
At this point when they are promoting fake leather jackets to go with their fake canvas bags, I just think it's a SJW scam(watch the bethesda corp videos claming how "woke" they are) to milk the gamergate non-PC people.

Yes yes, everything is a conspiracy by those gay weeabo woke people to piss in your cereal.

or maybe.. its a continuation of a series of piss poor decisions...

Those tinfoil caps.. are they made of lead?

DingBat 01-29-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlfredT (Post 2529463)
Yes yes, everything is a conspiracy by those gay weeabo woke people to piss in your cereal.

or maybe.. its a continuation of a series of piss poor decisions...

Those tinfoil caps.. are they made of lead?

Don't go all Occam's Razor on us now.

Hadn't you heard? The entire point of this site now is to warn the world about SJW conspiracies.

SpectralThundr 01-29-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2529467)
Don't go all Occam's Razor on us now.

Hadn't you heard? The entire point of this site now is to warn the world about SJW conspiracies.

You truly have an accurate handle, fucking dingbat.

vallor 01-29-2019 09:21 AM

Doubling down on PvP in this game seems like another terrible idea. When is the last time most people said "Man, now that everything else is going really well thing that would make Fallout 76 better is more PvP!"

Just like The Division PvP is a foolish expenditure of resources but especially in Fallout. They are putting a band-aid on one wound ignoring the fact that the they've lost an arm or a leg.

AlfredT 01-29-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2529472)
Doubling down on PvP in this game seems like another terrible idea. When is the last time most people said "Man, now that everything else is going really well thing that would make Fallout 76 better is more PvP!"

Just like The Division PvP is a foolish expenditure of resources but especially in Fallout. They are putting a band-aid on one wound ignoring the fact that the they've lost an arm or a leg.


Yea the weirdest thing here is that I thought perhaps Bethesda took a direct route of control for this, and ignored the fact that its their first mmo...

Except.. its managed by Zenimax Online.. who runs ESO. And despite ESO's questionable decisions here and there, overall they seem to manage the game and community ok. So compared to how ESO is ran vs this giant shitbomb, its kinda amazing that they couldn't transfer over lessons from 1 mmo to the other.

Granted its a different game world/lore, but it basically caters to the same type of player, just a fantasy flavour in ESO vs the sci-fi of the Fallout universe.

Mad Max RW 01-29-2019 05:26 PM

After Interplay thoroughly raped Fallout and Bethesda acquired the corpse I knew it was a matter of time for history to repeat itself. Somehow things are pretty close to my expectations. Ironic when the "new" Fallout fans, or the ones who grew up on Fallout 3 and beyond, viewed the old fans who grew up on Fallout 1 as grumpy entitled whiners. Now they are one in the same. This time will be marked as the big turning point for Bethesda they will struggled to come back from but fail at every attempt.

Sensei-X 01-29-2019 05:45 PM

New Survival Mode? So you play the role of Bethesda Game Studios trying to release the next game as quickly as possible before your whole company goes under?

thatlukeguy 02-01-2019 01:09 AM

PVP is being rammed down the player's throats because this is how they want to extend the life of the game without spending money or dev time. Let the players "make" their own content. They are miscalculating badly.

PatrickRes9 02-01-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2529467)
Don't go all Occam's Razor on us now.

Hadn't you heard? The entire point of this site now is to warn the world about SJW conspiracies.

Some people are here to talk about games.

It's almost bizarre how much time and effort they put into screaming their political opinions over and over and over to an audience of 10 people. I feel bad. It's like some kind of fevered madness they can't see in themselves.

timmyd 02-01-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatlukeguy (Post 2529712)
PVP is being rammed down the player's throats because this is how they want to extend the life of the game without spending money or dev time. Let the players "make" their own content. They are miscalculating badly.

Yup. Yup again for ten.

SpectralThundr 02-01-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2529733)
Some people are here to talk about games.

It's almost bizarre how much time and effort they put into screaming their political opinions over and over and over to an audience of 10 people. I feel bad. It's like some kind of fevered madness they can't see in themselves.

It's also bizarre how little some give a shit about their rights or what is actually going on. Naw so much easier to bury your head in the sand and get distracted by entertainment. Granted these are also the same people that should be clearly able to see political ideology being crammed into the hobby yet remain silent because they wouldn't want to stand up to it and be labeled some form of Ism or phobe. Granted theses same people tend to all be left leaning, gee I wonder why.

vivafletcher 02-04-2019 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2529467)
Don't go all Occam's Razor on us now.

Hadn't you heard? The entire point of this site now is to warn the world about SJW conspiracies.

I've noticed this as well. Pretty disappointing.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 AM.