Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It's Sunday: What NFL Games Are You Watching? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258526)

BeardedSonOfNel 02-03-2019 08:11 AM

It's Sunday: What NFL Games Are You Watching?
 

It's Super Bowl weekend. Who do you think will win. Who do you want to win. What awesome food do you plan on eating?

Chimpbot 02-03-2019 08:25 AM

I'm stuck between wanting the Pats to win because the Saints got robbed (the Rams shouldn't be in this game) and wanting the Rams to win because I don't want to listen to the New England fanbase for yet another year.

All I know is that if the Pats win, it'll most likely be by 4 points or less.

SpectralThundr 02-03-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2529891)
I'm stuck between wanting the Pats to win because the Saints got robbed (the Rams shouldn't be in this game) and wanting the Rams to win because I don't want to listen to the New England fanbase for yet another year.

All I know is that if the Pats win, it'll most likely be by 4 points or less.

Wow no wonder you lean left, fucking traitor even to the local NFL team.

Chimpbot 02-03-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2529894)
Wow no wonder you lean left, fucking traitor even to the local NFL team.

I've spent 30+ years of my life following the team I follow, in part because my dad followed the same team since the mid-to-late 60s. It's what I grew up with and hopping over to another team and fanbase would just feel dirty and disloyal.

BeardedSonOfNel 02-03-2019 10:13 AM

I'll be doing Bacon wrapped shrimp, pot stickers, egg rolls, soft pretzels, buffalo wings, guac/chips, and a few other things.

I hope the Rams win, and I think they will.

brandonjclark 02-03-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2529908)
I'll be doing Bacon wrapped shrimp, pot stickers, egg rolls, soft pretzels, buffalo wings, guac/chips, and a few other things.

I hope the Rams win, and I think they will.

Fried Corn Tortillas with steak taco meat here for the main dish.

All kinds of other dips and sides, too!

However, no SB Sunday would be complete without chili dip!

PatrickRes9 02-03-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2529894)
Wow no wonder you lean left, fucking traitor even to the local NFL team.

Grew up in Maine. Hate the Patriots fanbase.

I've spent 30+ years of my life following the Broncos, in part because my step dad followed the same team since the mid-to-late 60s. It's what I grew up with and hopping over to another team and fanbase would just feel dirty and disloyal.

Terran 02-03-2019 11:09 AM

For the first time in my life, I'm rooting for the Patriots to win it. The Saints got completely ripped off (hence the Rams must now lose), and with the left hating on Tom Brady for his nearly mute politics (as inoffensive as you could be, but not actively hating Trump makes you persona non grata to the left), I can't resist rooting for him to cause the shedding of liberal tears. :D This is also why I have a sudden affinity for Tiger Woods. He's gotten tons of shit for playing a round of golf with Trump (the horror!), so fuck it...get out there and win some, Tiger! :D

Won't be watching, though. Four hours of commercials, a halftime SJW shitshow, and all for ten minutes of activity on the field. Nope. Boooooring.

TheHulk 02-03-2019 12:08 PM

Rams baby. Every point the Saints scored can be linked directly to bad call in the Saints favor, so let's quit the whining about the Rams not deserving to be here.

SpectralThundr 02-03-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2529910)
Grew up in Maine. Hate the Patriots fanbase.

I've spent 30+ years of my life following the Broncos, in part because my step dad followed the same team since the mid-to-late 60s. It's what I grew up with and hopping over to another team and fanbase would just feel dirty and disloyal.

Are you and Chimp the same person? Interesting.

Chimpbot 02-03-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2529921)
Are you and Chimp the same person? Interesting.

No, he's just been doing this weird thing where he'll copy & paste someone's response and change a few things.

I've been a Cowboys fan as long as he's been a Broncos fan. I can attest to how insufferable he was during the late 90s and their back-to-back Super Bowl wins. :D

Terran 02-03-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHulk (Post 2529918)
...whining about the Rams not deserving to be here.

Worst blown call in the history of league play, bar none. If you win today, you'll never escape the asterisk. That's just reality. You might as well embrace it, because it won't go away.


ElektroDragon 02-03-2019 04:43 PM

Dunno, don't care, playing KH3 like a real gamer. ;)

brandonjclark 02-03-2019 05:17 PM

Boring game so far! Can we see some TD's please?!?!??!

SpectralThundr 02-03-2019 08:34 PM

6 Superbowl wins, didn't even watch the game but I'm happy the haters are likely pissed off by this.

Chief Smash 02-03-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2529935)
Boring game so far! Can we see some TD's please?!?!??!

I liked the game. It felt like a throwback to the defense and run oriented games of the past. Real football in my opinion.

brandonjclark 02-03-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2529956)
I liked the game. It felt like a throwback to the defense and run oriented games of the past. Real football in my opinion.

I'll give you that, but consider the SB's of the last five years. There was NO action compared to this and that is the direction the NFL is hoping to achieve. I'm sure a lot of casual fans were turned off by this game and won't make it to the next. Or at least follow football a little bit less often.

Casual fans want TD's. Hell, I like TD's.

PatrickRes9 02-04-2019 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2529926)
No, he's just been doing this weird thing where he'll copy & paste someone's response and change a few things.

I've been a Cowboys fan as long as he's been a Broncos fan. I can attest to how insufferable he was during the late 90s and their back-to-back Super Bowl wins. :D

Saves in time and effort to double down on someone else's well-worded statement!

Hah! Should have seen me when we won the latest one with Manning:p

SpectralThundr 02-04-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2529968)
Saves in time and effort to double down on someone else's well-worded statement!

Hah! Should have seen me when we won the latest one with Manning:p

No wonder using the Epic store is too much for you, how fucking lazy can one be? Holy shit.

PacerDawn 02-04-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2529958)
Casual fans want TD's. Hell, I like TD's.

This is very true. With low scoring sports like soccer and hockey, they can get away with it because there is near constant action to keep fans engaged. With football however, where there is only around 12 minutes of action out of 3 hours of game, there needs to be scoring (or at least a lot of big plays) to keep people interested. Running up the middle for 3-5 yards each play isn't going to do it.

Of course, with the some of the ridiculous calls they made last night (you have to allow the receiver to catch the ball and be a runner before you can tackle them?), it sounds like they are trying their best to accomplish that (more scores).


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:30 AM.