Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Apex Legends Launch Trailers #ApexLegends (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258556)

Evil Avatar 02-05-2019 07:25 AM

Apex Legends Launch Trailers #ApexLegends
 

Quote:

Conquer with character in Apex Legends, a free-to-play Battle Royale shooter where legendary characters with powerful abilities team up to battle for fame and fortune on the fringes of the Frontier. Master an ever-growing roster of diverse Legends, deep tactical squad play and bold new innovations that level up the Battle Royale experience—all within a rugged world where anything goes. Welcome to the next evolution of Battle Royale.

Key Features

• A Roster of Legendary Characters – Master a growing roster of powerful Legends, each with their own unique personality, strengths and abilities that are easy to pick up but challenging to truly master.

• Build Your Crew – Choose your Legend and combine their unique skills together with other players to form the ultimate crew.

• Strategic Battle Royale – Use your abilities–and your wits–to make strategic calls on the fly, adapting your crew’s strengths to meet new challenges as the match evolves.

• Genre-Evolving Innovation – Experience a brand-new array of innovative features that level up the Battle Royale genre, including Respawn Beacons, Smart Comms, Intelligent Inventory and an all-new way to drop into the action with Jumpmaster deployment.

• Sweet, Sweet Loot – Drop in and loot up with a host of powerful weapons, diverse attachments and useful armor to protect you in battle. After the fight, collect a wealth of cosmetic options for personalizing your character and weapons, and unlock new ways to show off during the match.

Evil Avatar 02-05-2019 07:25 AM








Evil Avatar 02-05-2019 07:27 AM

What is really sad is that if they had done Battle Royale with the Titans from Titanfall, it might have been something really cool. That would have certainly mixed up the bland Battle Royale formula a bit and it would have given them another market to sell skins for the Titans and to sell new Titans.

Is anyone seriously going to pay them cash for skins for this generic garbage? Doesn't seem too likely.

SpectralThundr 02-05-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2530051)
What is really sad is that if they had done Battle Royale with the Titans from Titanfall, it might have been something really cool. That would have certainly mixed up the bland Battle Royale formula a bit and it would have given them another market to sell skins for the Titans and to sell new Titans.

Is anyone seriously going to pay them cash for skins for this generic garbage? Doesn't seem too likely.

Agreed, I did try it, I don't like that you're forced to be in a 3 man squad either, no solo queue. It does feel decent with the gun play, in kinda a unreal tournament feel. Wouldn't ever pay a cent into it though. The lack of Titans is a huge missed opportunity to be unique though. Fortnite has it's building, Pubg has it's shitty performance, ring of elysium has it's mobility options, Blackout has the COD name attached, this doesn't seem to have much unique aside from ultimate abilities for each soldier.

Mozain 02-05-2019 08:48 AM

I'll just say it again. It's free, and the best of the BR games I've played to date, so why not try it?

Lots of good quality of life changes to previous BR games.

EL CABONG 02-05-2019 09:09 AM

Not having Titans is strange. I don't get the hate. I am not a big BR fan . I like this more than fortnight.
I not gonna put money or alot of time into this but I don't hate it. It's Fine.

Booda 02-05-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2530062)
With the current gaming culture there really is no accounting for taste. They're all pretty much "Fuck it bro, it's free so why not". Then spending asinine amounts of cash on cosmetics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozain (Post 2530061)
I'll just say it again. It's free, and the best of the BR games I've played to date, so why not try it?


Sometimes it's too easy... :rolleyes:

Mozain 02-05-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2530064)
Sometimes it's too easy... :rolleyes:

To download a free game? You're right! It totally is easy! :D

But in all honesty what's wrong with them putting out a F2P game? Serious question.

Respawn has twice tried to put out an actual game and the gaming community told them to get fucked each time (and I loved Titanfall 1 & 2!).

Clearly what they were doing wasn't working.

Booda 02-05-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozain (Post 2530069)
To download a free game? You're right! It totally is easy! :D

But in all honesty what's wrong with them putting out a F2P game? Serious question.

Respawn has twice tried to put out an actual game and the gaming community told them to get fucked each time (and I loved Titanfall 1 & 2!).

Clearly what they were doing wasn't working.

This isn't Respawn. This is EA. Titanfall 1 & 2 didn't work for EA. That doesn't mean the gaming community told them to "get fucked". EA told Respawn to "get fucked" & then preceded to fuck the Titanfall IP in the ass to point of it not resembling anything of what it started out being. All for the sake of monetizing it like Fortnight in hopes of that "sweet sweet cosmetic money".

After this fails to bring in all that "sweet sweet cosmetic money", EA will then dissolve Respawn & that will be that. Expect this by the end of 2019.

No, I don't really know anything about Respawn's Star Wars game. Considering that EA has canceled the past two SW games, I wouldn't hold my breath.

ElektroDragon 02-05-2019 10:11 AM

You couldn't pay me to play this tripe. Free? You get what you pay for. Hot garbage.

Mozain 02-05-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2530070)
This isn't Respawn. This is EA. Titanfall 1 & 2 didn't work for EA. That doesn't mean the gaming community told them to "get fucked". EA told Respawn to "get fucked" & then preceded to fuck the Titanfall IP in the ass to point of it not resembling anything of what it started out being. All for the sake of monetizing it like Fortnight in hopes of that "sweet sweet cosmetic money".

After this fails to bring in all that "sweet sweet cosmetic money", EA will then dissolve Respawn & that will be that. Expect this by the end of 2019.

No, I don't really know anything about Respawn's Star Wars game. Considering that EA has canceled the past two SW games, I wouldn't hold my breath.

And I'm sure you'll be able to back up those statements right? That it's all EA :rolleyes:

More than that though let's assume it's EA, they pulled every string and forced them to make this game. So what? Not enough people bought Titanfall 1 or 2, that's fact. That's not EA saying it didn't work for them, that's gamers saying it didn't work for them.

Would you rather they just did nothing with the IP and dissolved Respawn months ago since we both assume the Star Wars game will be cancelled (I'll be pleasantly surprised though).

I mean Titanfall's 2 biggest issue was the release date, and that was chosen by Respawn.

UnderHero5 02-05-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2530070)
This isn't Respawn. This is EA.

Oh hey, look at that. Wasn't EA at all.

Mozain 02-05-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2530070)
This isn't Respawn. This is EA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderHero5 (Post 2530073)
Oh hey, look at that. Wasn't EA at all.

Sometimes it's too easy... :rolleyes:

(Though honestly, odd how that worked out)

Booda 02-05-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozain (Post 2530074)
Sometimes it's too easy... :rolleyes:

(Though honestly, odd how that worked out)

Ever heard of “Fake News”.

Doesn’t make much sense to bite the hand that feeds you.

Mozain 02-05-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2530076)
Ever heard of “Fake News”.

Doesn’t make much sense to bite the hand that feeds you.

So it's a fake interview? Or he's saying these things under duress? Should be pretty easy to prove. Feel free to do so.

Makes more sense that it's truthful to me though. This is EA we're talking about. You think if they had a game just sitting in their pocket they'd want to try and reach maximum hype before release for that quick cash in and get out now that they own Respawn (an asset they didn't outright own until after the release of Titanfall 2).

But hey, why think about it logically when we can just say everything that doesn't match up with our pre-conceived notions is false right?

EGO 02-05-2019 11:16 AM

The 2019 Interwebz Dictionary:

"Fake News" = things that don't agree with your worldview, whether factual or not.

"popular" = an instant allergic reaction from bitter gamers, regardless of whether the popular thing is good or not.

"F2P" = HATE, even though people don't want to pay anything for anything and the majority of people bitching about F2P aren't going to play or pay for anything.

"EA" = every single little thing I HATE as a gamer, regardless of whether it affects me or how petty, regardless of whether EA has anything to do with it or not.

SpectralThundr 02-05-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderHero5 (Post 2530073)
Oh hey, look at that. Wasn't EA at all.

LOL and if you believe that, I have some swampland in DC to sell you real cheap.

SpectralThundr 02-05-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozain (Post 2530079)
So it's a fake interview? Or he's saying these things under duress? Should be pretty easy to prove. Feel free to do so.

Makes more sense that it's truthful to me though. This is EA we're talking about. You think if they had a game just sitting in their pocket they'd want to try and reach maximum hype before release for that quick cash in and get out now that they own Respawn (an asset they didn't outright own until after the release of Titanfall 2).

But hey, why think about it logically when we can just say everything that doesn't match up with our pre-conceived notions is false right?

You do realize the MSM gets caught almost daily now either outright lying or covering shit up right? There's a reason the "fake news" moniker stuck. If there wasn't truth to it, nothing would have come of it.

Mozain 02-05-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2530082)
You do realize the MSM gets caught almost daily now either outright lying or covering shit up right? There's a reason the "fake news" moniker stuck. If there wasn't truth to it, nothing would have come of it.

Exactly! They get caught all the time! That doesn't mean absolutely everything is fake, but since they get caught all the time in their little lies (because let's be honest in the information age it's incredibly easy to prove), all someone has to do is prove it.

While I wait for proof I'll enjoy something that seems to have a great many quality of life improvements to the BR genre, from a dev I enjoy, without an obnoxious hype cycle, and for free no less.

Booda 02-05-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozain (Post 2530085)
Exactly! They get caught all the time! That doesn't mean absolutely everything is fake, but since they get caught all the time in their little lies (because let's be honest in the information age it's incredibly easy to prove), all someone has to do is prove it.

While I wait for proof I'll enjoy something that seems to have a great many quality of life improvements to the BR genre, from a dev I enjoy, without an obnoxious hype cycle, and for free no less.

Fuck yeah bro, it's free so why not? Make sure & spend some cash on those sweet sweet cosmetics to. You know Respawn had to work their ass off to pitch that crazy idea to EA. Gotta help Respawn show them that this whole Games-as-a-service business model might actually be viable.

Good Lord... :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 PM.