Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sony Skippping E3 2020 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264765)

Evil Avatar 01-13-2020 06:21 PM

Sony Skippping E3 2020

Quote:

PlayStation will not participate in E3 2020

PlayStation will miss E3 for a second year in a row.

The firm told GamesIndustry.biz that it does not feel the vision for the event is right for what it has planned for this year. Instead it will attend 'hundreds' of consumer events to showcase upcoming games for PS4 and PS5.

"After thorough evaluation SIE has decided not to participate in E3 2020," said a Sony Interactive Entertainment spokesperson. "We have great respect for the ESA as an organization, but we do not feel the vision of E3 2020 is the right venue for what we are focused on this year.

"We will build upon our global events strategy in 2020 by participating in hundreds of consumer events across the globe. Our focus is on making sure fans feel part of the PlayStation family and have access to play their favorite content. We have a fantastic line up of titles coming to PlayStation 4, and with the upcoming launch of PlayStation 5, we are truly looking forward to a year of celebration with our fans."
gamesindustry.biz

Rommel 01-14-2020 01:09 AM

Once is strategy. Two might be giving away the farm.

SpectralThundr 01-14-2020 02:12 AM

Boy Sony seems almost Microsoft levels of cocky going into this new console launch.

Evil Avatar 01-14-2020 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2551772)
Boy Sony seems almost Microsoft levels of cocky going into this new console launch.

With new hardware to show off, I will admit that Iím a little surprised by this decision, but like I said in another thread, they can reach more people online these days than by spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to E3. Local shows will let people get hands on with the hardware and YouTube videos show off everything else.

I think it is the way it is going to go. With two of the big three being out of E3 every year, itís just going to end up going away again at some point.

Ghostblaze 01-14-2020 07:59 AM

E3 is still a thing? Should have died a long time ago.

Metal Jesus 01-14-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostblaze (Post 2551783)
E3 is still a thing? Should have died a long time ago.

Still jammed packed last year. It's not like there is any drought of new video games, hardware or accessories these days, both indie and triple-a. It just means there is more focus on everybody else.

Oddmaker 01-14-2020 11:55 AM

I thought they would of gone to show off the PS5, I mean why not? Or is it because that's all they have to show off? ;)

ElektroDragon 01-14-2020 04:41 PM

I'll tell you why they won't be at E3... it's because they are BROKE. A tiny ass company with THIRTEEN TIMES less market cap than Microsoft, which more or less makes it a 13X smaller company.

blackzc 01-15-2020 03:50 AM

Don't even blame them.

Spend all that money so the internet can make memes about the presenters. Na. Everyone knows what a playstation is at this point. And since everything of effort is mocked into oblivion just forget it.

Evil Avatar 01-15-2020 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddmaker (Post 2551799)
I thought they would of gone to show off the PS5, I mean why not? Or is it because that's all they have to show off? ;)

Do they need more? :D