Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Doom Eternal's latest trailer Reveals new Glory Kills, Enemies, and Violence Galore (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264779)

Evil Avatar 01-14-2020 10:59 AM

Doom Eternal's latest trailer Reveals new Glory Kills, Enemies, and Violence Galore

Quote:

Watch the all-new official trailer and RAZE HELL when DOOM Eternal launches on 03.20.20.

Hellís armies have invaded Earth. Become the Slayer in an epic single-player campaign to conquer demons across dimensions and stop the final destruction of humanity.

The only thing they fear... is you.

Evil Avatar 01-14-2020 10:59 AM

Booda 01-14-2020 11:11 AM

This looks great!

One of the few games in 2020 that Iím really looking forward to.

brandonjclark 01-14-2020 11:53 AM

It does look really really fun, just like Doom.

However, if I had one gripe about the first game it would be that it was too linear.

I know this is probably sacrilege, but I'd like to see the IP move into and open-world map.

Booda 01-14-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2551798)
I know this is probably sacrilege, but I'd like to see the IP move into and open-world map.

Umm no... it's Doom not Destiny.

Go play Destiny 2 if you want open-world. I hear you can bake cookies in it now. :p

Chief Smash 01-14-2020 12:48 PM

I loved the first and I'm looking forward to this one. One of the things I loved about the last was that every room gave you the sense that you were an absolute juggernaut... an unstoppable meat grinder of righteousness that takes the biggest and nastiest monsters imaginable and makes them scared. It's a good feeling. I almost wish that Doom Guy would utter these words at least once...

Booda 01-14-2020 12:53 PM

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...p_and_tear.png

Mad Max RW 01-14-2020 03:31 PM

Doom 4 had the best style and felt really satisfying to play at the time. But replayability is shit and the lack of proper mod support was a travesty. I’m sticking with Brutal Doom/Project Brutality to scratch the “new Doom” itch. I also don’t need to sacrifice half a terabyte to play it.

That does look cool.

MavenACTG 01-14-2020 04:42 PM

"Rip and Tear, until it is done." The only mission objective that mattered.

I'm not even that big of a fan of Doom, but the direction they took with the last game was the kind of master stroke on the character and what Doom games are about which players could grok right away. Doom 4 wiped away several layers of FPS design trends (slowing things down, cover shooters, narrative) that the AAA's had been putting out over the last decade or two.

How else to to put it? Never read a Witcher novel or played a Witcher game, saw all the hype, but then saw the Netflix series, and now, at least on a basic level, "I get it."

For those who more appreciate the old-school, I have been watching this YouTuber do Doom / Build Engine playthroughs and commentary that give you a sense of the love for that era of gaming for the people who were fortunate enough to be able to experience it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC21...T8rPY-gPgMiCwA

Edit: Whole lot of... story and lore in that trailer between the hyper-stylized, choreographed takedowns. I am also surprised they are drip-feeding identifying details on Doom Guy.

Evil Avatar 01-14-2020 07:16 PM

Loved the last one. There were moments where I just wanted to do the controller throw and I thought the difficulty was a bit on the hard side in spots, but I just kept coming back for more the whole time so they were certainly doing something right and the graphics were just flat out amazing.

While I still think "Doom Eternal" is a dumb name, I've had my pre-order in for a long time.

Ghostblaze 01-14-2020 09:55 PM

RE3
Doom Eternal
Cyberpunk 2077

Man, 2020 is heating up with these upcoming releases.

blackzc 01-15-2020 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2551802)
Umm no... it's Doom not Destiny.

Go play Destiny 2 if you want open-world. I hear you can bake cookies in it now. :p

Thing is with Doom 2016, for me anyhoo, it got stale after about 6 hours. I can still play old doom though, its still fun. I think its just too fast with not enough atmosphere. Sure all the graphics are there but you cant enjoy them.

Evil Avatar 01-15-2020 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2551798)
It does look really really fun, just like Doom.

However, if I had one gripe about the first game it would be that it was too linear.

That was kinda the idea behind Rage 2 and it didn't work that well. It just didn't translate to wide open spaces. There is too much opportunity to just kinda hang back and pummel the enemy with rockets from a half mile away.

actusoul 01-15-2020 09:54 AM

Come on boys...this is DOOM. I loved the last one and its single player still. I will buy two games this year (still finishing the games I have bought; Witcher 3, God of War); Doom Eternal and Cyberpunk.