Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Red Dead Redemption 2 is Coming to Xbox Game Pass for Console on May 7th (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266477)

Evil Avatar 04-23-2020 05:31 PM

Red Dead Redemption 2 is Coming to Xbox Game Pass for Console on May 7th

Quote:

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass for Console: Red Dead Redemption 2

You read that title correctly, we’ve got some big news for you coming from the wild, wild (Pacific North) West.

Coming on May 7 to Xbox Game Pass for Console: Red Dead Redemption 2.

Winner of over 175 Game of the Year Awards and recipient of over 250 perfect scores, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of honor and loyalty at the dawn of the modern age.

America, 1899. Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are outlaws on the run. With federal agents and the best bounty hunters in the nation massing on their heels, the gang must rob, steal, and fight their way across the rugged heartland of America to survive. As deepening internal divisions threaten to tear the gang apart, Arthur must make a choice between his own ideals and loyalty to the gang who raised him.

Now featuring additional Story Mode content and a fully-featured Photo Mode, Red Dead Redemption 2 also includes free access to the shared living world of Red Dead Online, where players take on an array of roles to carve their own unique path on the frontier as they track wanted criminals as a Bounty Hunter, create a business as a Trader, unearth exotic treasures as a Collector or run an underground distillery as a Moonshiner and much more.
Xbox Wire.

Rommel 04-24-2020 12:47 AM

I am sorry, I will not pay for any service that I lose access to the games after my subscription ends.

Terran 04-24-2020 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2558208)
I am sorry, I will not pay for any service that I lose access to the games after my subscription ends.

Cable/satellite TV?
Internet?
Newspaper/magazine subscription?
Local gym?

Lots of services cut you off from the product after your subscription lapses. Not really unique. I personally won't pay for it either, but folks do it all the time, across all kinds of product types.

vallor 04-24-2020 12:22 PM

I love Xbox Game Pass... when I have time for games. I guess it works for me since I am not a collector and usually don't have time to go back and replay games.

I was able to play Outer Worlds on the PC without having to purchase it on the Epic store, for one. I got Hellblade, a Plague Tail, and several others which I had my eyes on and would have cost me multiple $ more if I had bought them.

I have both Age of Empires remasters, Crackdown, Gears, the piece of shit Sea of Thieves, and many others.

Outside of AoE 1 & 2 many of the games I've gotten are one-and-done (or not that entertaining) and if I had bought them they'd just sit around and gather dust as an expensive entry in my Steam Library.

Rommel 04-25-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2558228)
Cable/satellite TV?
Internet?
Newspaper/magazine subscription?
Local gym?

Lots of services cut you off from the product after your subscription lapses. Not really unique. I personally won't pay for it either, but folks do it all the time, across all kinds of product types.

I do not pay for cable. Has anyone ever come to your home and taken your old newspapers? That would be fucking wild.

Terran 04-25-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2558356)
I do not pay for cable. Has anyone ever come to your home and taken your old newspapers? That would be fucking wild.

Oh you silly. You know full well those examples are all different in degree but the fundamental point remains: You lose access to services when you cease to pay for them. This is decidedly not unusual today and hasn't been for this century.

Satellite?
Internet?
Gym membership?
Spotify?

This is just not new at all. And I wish someone would take away old magazines/newspapers. I hate the bother of taking them to the virtue-signalling center where they will promptly load them up on a truck and dump them in a landfill, lol.

Rommel 04-27-2020 11:07 PM

There is a difference, however, nuanced, between an online resource and a single player game locally installed on my machine that magically stops working after a billing cycle. I mean, unless you thought this machine was a good idea, simply ahead of its time.