Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   God of War – Accolades Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253034)

Emabulator 04-20-2018 10:37 AM

God of War – Accolades Trailer

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/826/4...e9133b83_z.jpg

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Quote:

From Santa Monica Studio and creative director Cory Barlog comes a new beginning for one of gaming’s most recognizable icons. Living as a man outside the shadow of the gods, Kratos must adapt to unfamiliar lands, unexpected threats, and a second chance at being a father. Together with his son Atreus, the pair will venture into the brutal Norse wilds and fight to fulfill a deeply personal quest.

Emabulator 04-20-2018 10:37 AM

Evil Avatar 04-20-2018 10:42 AM

I got screwed by Amazon again. They are shipping this via UPS, which means no delivery until 8 PM at night.

Emabulator 04-20-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2510845)
I got screwed by Amazon again. They are shipping this via UPS, which means no delivery until 8 PM at night.

They were sold out when I tried to order it via your release list article. I'm going to buy the digital version. I have to get a root canal in an hour, and see how much money I have left first. :eek:

vallor 04-20-2018 01:11 PM

That was their accolades trailer? A few quotes in a video so short it barely has a chance to fully stream in and render in HD before it's over?

WTF...

Booda 04-20-2018 01:46 PM

Looking forward to trying out the new God of War this evening.

Wizzkidd 04-20-2018 03:24 PM

Game looks like it's probably good, but I'm into other games right now. I'll pick it up at some point though.

Evil Avatar 04-21-2018 12:31 AM

It’s pretty great. I have to say, that after getting boned up the butt (with no lube) by Microsoft for the $60 rape-fest that is Sea of Thieves, anything would be a better use of your money, so that’s certainly making the game more fun.

Nothing like getting screwed by a crappy game to make pretty much whatever you buy next seem fantastic.

Wizzkidd 04-21-2018 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2510882)
It’s pretty great. I have to say, that after getting boned up the butt (with no lube) by Microsoft for the $60 rape-fest that is Sea of Thieves, anything would be a better use of your money, so that’s certainly making the game more fun.

Nothing like getting screwed by a crappy game to make pretty much whatever you buy next seem fantastic.

I never played Sea of Thieves, just isn't my type of game. I don't like co-op focused games.

Mad Max RW 04-21-2018 10:39 AM

Saw a video from Cory Barlog reacting to the reviews as they came in and it's pretty heavy knowing his history. Ten years ago I followed when he joined director George Miller to design an official Mad Max game. After a few years it went silent with a few scraps of leaked concept art. Development halted, everything he did was scrapped, and a new totally unrelated game was put together by Avalanche Studios (Just Cause) coinciding with Fury Road. Cory Barlog went back to Sony and started God of War 4. That's a significant chunk of a person's life and it's cool seeing things work out well for a change.

Lutheran 04-22-2018 08:42 AM

God Of War is pretty damn good, been playing it for hours on end. I love the new mechanics (the Axe coming back to you the way it does is hella cool) and the somewhat over the shoulder style. It is very different yet still feels like God Of War...

Exodus 04-22-2018 02:40 PM

no weapons from the deities tho, feels sad

MadMurdock_0311 04-22-2018 08:58 PM

Played the shit out of this all weekend. Great game, lots of fun.

Sammael 04-23-2018 06:32 AM

It's been ok so far.
The epic moments are separated by wandering the beautiful landscape looking for anything you can.
It hasn't been as violent as past games. Kratos has cooled down quite a bit.
I am enjoying it, it is just a slower burn than expected.

NightRain 04-23-2018 11:39 AM

I've got about 12 hours into this now and I have to say I'm really enjoying it but the perfect scores are not warranted. It feels like a 8.0-8.5 game to me and not a 10/10 game.

BenSkywlkr 04-23-2018 04:11 PM

Keeping it spoiler free, I was of a similar mind after my first dozen hours, by the time the credits rolled I was certainly in line with the reviewers thoughts. Post game is actually entertaining so far also. I'd say hands down the best game in the series.

MadMurdock_0311 04-23-2018 07:02 PM

The dwarf brothers are pretty funny.

Atreus: "Wait... how did you..."

Brock: "None of yer fucking business!"