Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Outward Launches March 26th (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257773)

Evil Avatar 12-19-2018 05:36 PM

Outward Launches March 26th

Quote:

Open-World Trailblazing RPG 'Outward' Set for March 2019 Release

Publishers Deep Silver and developer Nine Dots, along with Maximum Games, have announced the release date for their hardcore fantasy adventure RPG Outward. The game will hit PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam on March 26th, 2019. The announcement is accompanied by a trailer that highlights the game’s focus on challenge, immersion, and fulfillment.

Outward is an open-world fantasy adventure game featuring deep simulation and immersion. In it, players will experience an entirely new kind of RPG, where they play the role of a true inhabitant of a sprawling world, requiring biological maintenance and self-preservation against a harsh, uncaring environment. These simulation aspects also extend to the game’s representation of magic as an intricate web of rituals required to evoke supernatural powers. The game also packs a surprising feature: two-player local and online multiplayer, with local split-screen. This feature allows two friends to share a journey knowing they have at least one ally at their side and offers unique opportunities for strategy.

Today’s trailer showcases the rich fantasy world and the various obstacles the player’s avatar will have to face in this mystical environment. As a regular human being, players will create their own destiny against a variety of dangers both magical and mundane. Exposure to the elements is just as likely to kill the player as the monsters that roam the world. To survive, they will have to grow and master the game’s complex weapons, traps, and magic.

Stay up-to-date with the latest Outward news and information on the official website: ninedotsstudio.com/outward.

Key Features

• Survive in the wilds as you explore a vast and harsh land

• Play solo or cooperatively, split-screen locally or online

• Ritualistic, step-by-step approach to spellcasting

• Constant auto-saving means you must live with your decisions

• Encounter dynamic defeat scenarios

• A unique experience with every playthrough
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Evil Avatar 12-19-2018 05:36 PM

Evil Avatar 12-19-2018 05:40 PM

They usually make pretty great RPG's. I pulled out Two Worlds II on the PS3 a few days ago to give it a few more hours.

EL CABONG 12-19-2018 07:19 PM

Sweet. Never heard of this before but it looks promising.

ElektroDragon 12-19-2018 08:35 PM

I am sold, I am sold on all good looking RPGs that aren't cheapened MMO experiences. *cough*Fallout 76, TES Online*cough*

ministryofwrath 12-20-2018 09:37 AM

Sold, coop for the win.

Been waiting for this for years.

The coop is going to be fanastic

SpectralThundr 12-20-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2526695)
I am sold, I am sold on all good looking RPGs that aren't cheapened MMO experiences. *cough*Fallout 76, TES Online*cough*

Bethesda has always been bad, I'm old enough to remember their terrible Terminator shooters on PC in the early 90's, some of the buggiest broken games ever and they've never changed since. It's a shame they ended up with the Fallout IP and have run it into the ground the way they have, and how lazy they were with Fallout 4, claim all these different endings when regardless of who you sided with in the game, every ending was exactly the same. FO 76 is an insult to the IP and it's fanbase.

Not digging the combat in this at all.

actusoul 12-20-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2526741)

Not digging the combat in this at all.

I like the concept but I am playing God of War. The combat is so good I forgot how it felt to play a game and have a grin on your face. This game won GOTY and its well deserved. I watched the combat and it seems bland and generic. Maybe I am wrong and I will wait for the reviews but once you play a game like God of War with those combat mechanics. How could anyone go back.

SpectralThundr 12-20-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by actusoul (Post 2526744)
I like the concept but I am playing God of War. The combat is so good I forgot how it felt to play a game and have a grin on your face. This game won GOTY and its well deserved. I watched the combat and it seems bland and generic. Maybe I am wrong and I will wait for the reviews but once you play a game like God of War with those combat mechanics. How could anyone go back.

Haven't play the GOW reboot, might have to check it out sometime. Just not feeling it in this trailer though, it reminds me of a poor mans fable and the combat in Fable wasn't anything special by any means.

wunshot 12-21-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2526754)
Haven't play the GOW reboot, might have to check it out sometime. Just not feeling it in this trailer though, it reminds me of a poor mans fable and the combat in Fable wasn't anything special by any means.

It's so damn good. I wish there was dlc for it. Might just go play it again from the start. It's that good.

SpectralThundr 12-21-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2526868)
It's so damn good. I wish there was dlc for it. Might just go play it again from the start. It's that good.

After your suggestion there and praise of it, I went and watched a couple of developer videos of it showing it off before it shipped. The combat looks really fluid, not sure it's a setting I would be able to get into story wise, but if I ever see it on sale for really cheap I may give it a go.

vallor 12-21-2018 02:59 PM

Blah, I don't need to be a deity in a game but eating, drinking, pooping, and so on... those mechanics don't have any place in a game. And once you are such a successful adventurer above and beyond the normies who hang out in the village you've now "broken" the premise of the game. You ARE the hero, you should be notable.

The combat here looks like it boils down to kiting critters and other sorts of jousting to make sure you don't get hit and that's boring. Lots of trap usage. To each their own; a fantasy version of ARK might scratch some folk's itch for this type of game.

And for added realism I noticed, in the final fight, it looked like the player stepped back into their own fire trap and didn't get hurt. Must be fire proof!

blackzc 12-21-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2526741)
Bethesda has always been bad

Play Prey though. You can get it cheap on ebay for PS4. Best game of the last few years. Choose easy difficulty. Its hard.

SpectralThundr 12-21-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2526882)
Play Prey though. You can get it cheap on ebay for PS4. Best game of the last few years. Choose easy difficulty. Its hard.

Bethesda only published Prey not developed