Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jack Black Starts A Gaming Channel On YouTube (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257910)

Evil Avatar 01-02-2019 06:02 PM

Jack Black Starts A Gaming Channel On YouTube
 

Quote:

Actor Jack Black has launched a YouTube channel dedicated in part to gaming, and it's proving to be wildly popular before he's even uploaded any kind of substantial content. Black launched his new channel, Jablinski Games, on December 21, and it took just a week for it to reach 1 million subscribers. After 10 days, the channel is up to more than 2.5 million subscribers, so it's definitely off to a very good start.

Probably jokingly, Black said Jablinski Games will be bigger than Ninja and PewDiePie. He plans to upload new videos every Friday, and in addition to games, Black's videos will focus on food and life. His second video, released on December 25, was posted in celebration of Jablinski Games reaching 1 billion errrr 1 million subscribers.
Gamespot.

Azzy 01-02-2019 08:01 PM

while this isn't exactly timely news the only reason I want to chime in is that i can't fucking stand jack black.
the guy is a one trick pony with the sudden-intensity shtick. he's not clever, he's not witty, he's just a chubby sidekick with a gag that chubby sidekicks loved so much he's now famous for being an annoying chubby sidekick. wooooo.
at least the hockey robe wearing kevin smith has a fucking personality, as written by AI as it is.

PacerDawn 01-02-2019 08:41 PM

Not sure about the gaming channel, but I like his t-shirt. Excellent movie.

brandonjclark 01-02-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzy (Post 2527311)
while this isn't exactly timely news the only reason I want to chime in is that i can't fucking stand jack black.
the guy is a one trick pony with the sudden-intensity shtick. he's not clever, he's not witty, he's just a chubby sidekick with a gag that chubby sidekicks loved so much he's now famous for being an annoying chubby sidekick. wooooo.
at least the hockey robe wearing kevin smith has a fucking personality, as written by AI as it is.


You've sounded like a guy I wanted to kiss until this post. WRONG!

Jack Black is the most workman guy in Hollywood, how can you not pull for a guy that:

• Is “not what you would call classically good-looking.”
• Has no real specific talents
• Can’t dance “well”
• voice is not good
• is short
• …and fat.
• Undoubtedly slow, you could outrun him in a zombie apocalypse
• Is ANNOYING (I’ll give you that)

Yet, despite all this he
• Made out with Gwen Paltrow and got famous making a movie with her.
• Survived Pick of Destiny
• Formed a part of your sleepy Sundays watching Schoolhouse of Rock on rerun, energizing you for Sunday Fundays later that evening, proving that yes you can puke two days in a row
• Entertained your children more than any other guest hosting Yo Gabba Gabba
• Yes, I saw Yo Gabba Gabba in concert you fucking judges
• Has made himself a multi-millionaire with several high-earning films
• Ready for the fun part…?
• Can go toe to toe with The Rock onscreen and steal the show
• He’s so unbelievably untalented in every area he’s almost “good” in every area.
• Dances funny
• His voice is unmistakable
• Again, see Jumanji… He stole the show from The Rock
• Or Tropic Thunder FFS
• His special is cake
• So lovable

And the most amazing thing about Jack Black is his EFFORT.

I hope he's wildly successful with this channel. And considering the amount of immediate subscribers, it seems the world agrees with me. And not you.

Terran 01-02-2019 11:22 PM

I see someone's a fan!

It's not me. :facepalm:

excalibur1814 01-03-2019 01:34 AM

I have 8 subs on my gaming channel with over 100 vids. I could dedicate my life to that channel and STILL never get as many Subs as Jack has, after 10 seconds.

Oh life.

Mozgus 01-03-2019 02:04 AM

This should not be news until some actual content has launched. Might be a big prank. Who knows?

Meusli 01-03-2019 04:01 AM

I have loved Jack Black since seeing his HBO series many years ago, which is probably his best work. He has gone a bit Hollywood mental but not enough for me to hate him...yet.

Chimpbot 01-03-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2527335)
I have 8 subs on my gaming channel with over 100 vids. I could dedicate my life to that channel and STILL never get as many Subs as Jack has, after 10 seconds.

Oh life.

I suppose it helps that he's spent the past 28 years slowly building a career and fanbase through music and acting.

He basically spent his entire adult life getting to the point where he can get as many YouTube subscribers as he did after 10 seconds.

Vulture 01-03-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2527343)
I suppose it helps that he's spent the past 28 years slowly building a career and fanbase through music and acting.

He basically spent his entire adult life getting to the point where he can get as many YouTube subscribers as he did after 10 seconds.

You build a brand of yourself for decades and then people automatically buy products associated with that brand. Unfortunately we know learn they also make political decisions based on branding from people who don't know anything about govt.

AlfredT 01-03-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulture (Post 2527356)
You build a brand of yourself for decades and then people automatically buy products associated with that brand. Unfortunately we know learn they also make political decisions based on branding from people who don't know anything about govt.

*looks around*


excalibur1814 01-03-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2527343)
I suppose it helps that he's spent the past 28 years slowly building a career and fanbase through music and acting.

He basically spent his entire adult life getting to the point where he can get as many YouTube subscribers as he did after 10 seconds.


Not knocking him. Business is business and if there's money to be had. :)

Chimpbot 01-03-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulture (Post 2527356)
You build a brand of yourself for decades and then people automatically buy products associated with that brand.

That was essentially my point. While excalibur1814 was lamenting how quickly and easily Jack Black racked up a million subscribers, he completely ignored the fact that the man spent his entire adult life building a career that enabled him to rack up a million YouTube subscribers based entirely on the announcement of a channel and one video making said announcement. The dude is 49. He's been at it since 1993 (and started Tenacious D in '94), which means he's spent the past 26 years building his career and personal brand.

There's a reason why it played out this way, but it didn't just happen. The dude busted his ass for the past three decades to get to this point.

Quote:

Unfortunately we know learn they also make political decisions based on branding from people who don't know anything about govt.
Just...no. Stop. Don't open that can of biscuits.

Terran 01-03-2019 09:43 AM

Did someone mention biscuits? I love biscuits!

I also can't stand how entertainers so often politicize everything. And I'm heavily into irony. :D

Let's get some gravy on those biscuits!

Zombosis 01-03-2019 10:42 AM

Fuck, must be nice having a previously-established PR machine behind you... Here I am, busting ass to get to even 100 subs on my tattoo-related channel, months after I started it. Colour me jealous, the motherfucker.

BadIronTree 01-03-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2527335)
I have 8 subs on my gaming channel with over 100 vids. I could dedicate my life to that channel and STILL never get as many Subs as Jack has, after 10 seconds.

Oh life.

bots don't count :P j/k

btw there are over 1500 people streaming on average in twitch with 0 viewers... that IS sad :D

Chimpbot 01-03-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombosis (Post 2527368)
Fuck, must be nice having a previously-established PR machine behind you... Here I am, busting ass to get to even 100 subs on my tattoo-related channel, months after I started it. Colour me jealous, the motherfucker.

Like I've been saying, the man has worked for nearly three decades - essentially his entire adult life - to get to the point where he can hit 1 million subs in record time.

Assuming all things were equal, 1994-era Jack Black would never have been able to pull this off.

PacerDawn 01-03-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2527370)
Assuming all things were equal, 1994-era Jack Black would never have been able to pull this off.

I agree. Especially since there was no YouTube back then.

Chimpbot 01-03-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2527374)
I agree. Especially since there was no YouTube back then.

"All things being equal", as in, "Assume things like YouTube existed for the sake of discussion"...

The Internet does love being pedantic.

PacerDawn 01-03-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2527376)
The Internet does love being pedantic.

Dude, I was being facetious, it was a joke... :)

This is the Evil Avatar Sitcom we live in:

Chimpbot: Assuming all things were equal, 1994-era Jack Black would never have been able to pull this off.
PacerDawn: I agree. Especially since there was no YouTube back then.
(Audience laughter)
Chimpbot: The Internet does love being pedantic.
(Audience laughter with applause)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:05 PM.