Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A new short story from Overwatch confirmed its second LGBTQ character, Soldier 76 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257976)

Evil Avatar 01-07-2019 05:31 PM

A new short story from Overwatch confirmed its second LGBTQ character, Soldier 76
 

In the newest bit of Overwatch fiction, Blizzard has brought character Soldier 76 out of the closet.

Mozgus 01-07-2019 05:38 PM

Cant wait to see this STILL not please the lunatics.

brandonjclark 01-07-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozgus (Post 2527622)
Cant wait to see this STILL not please the lunatics.

I Uninstalled this propoganda long ago. Destiny 2 was the last game Activision will ever get me to buy.

I'm pretty much done with big time media in general. I can't watch the news, online aggregate sites (Yahoo) make me sick and websites like Reddit are so anti-white\male\Christian there's no reason to support their ad revenue stream.

I find myself increasingly marginalized and outcast by media.

*Anyone catch the first few minutes of the Golden Globes last night? It came on right after the Bears game and I was too tired to get up and change the channel so I thought I'd watch a bit. Sandra Oh and that jew Andy Sandberg hosted the event. Sandra Oh gave a short monologue where she nearly wept as she told the crowd how proud she was that they were increasingly not white.

I got up and shut it off right there.

FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU.

Big media is working overtime to drive us apart. It's making things so uncomfortable, everyone is so unsure of their own words and actions. The lefty police and big media journalism will literally DOX YOU if you dare speak up against them.

stagesofwhiteanger.jpg

DingBat 01-07-2019 06:38 PM

"that jew"?

brandonjclark 01-07-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2527625)
"that jew"?

That Jew.

What's your fucking question?

brandonjclark 01-07-2019 06:50 PM

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b073352834185c

Quote:

Letís be clear: Ohís monologue on Sunday was nothing short of refreshing, underscoring just how historic her stint as the first Asian host of the Golden Globes really was. As she said, things are changing in Hollywood; we can now demand more than the same people (historically, white men) tap dancing across the stages of celebrity soirees year after year.

Terran 01-07-2019 07:15 PM

There is nothing edgy or brave about much of Western art or media any longer. It's simply a monotonal echo chamber. You better enjoy that sound, because it's most of what you'll get, lol. So brave! :D

SpectralThundr 01-07-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2527627)

Isn't it so brave of them! When in reality they're trying to distract and divide people, can't push globalism and socialism with a United States citizenship that is actual United.

karaliusbronius 01-07-2019 08:27 PM

Are you kidding me, why do they have to make it a political thing and force views on people, why even say what these character's preferences are? Can't they just leave that to the imagination of the player if they choose?

EmoryM 01-07-2019 08:47 PM

If you tell someone they suck are you banned for toxicity or complimented for knowing the lore?

Wizzkidd 01-07-2019 08:49 PM

I've never given a shit about Overwatch nor the Golden Globes. Nor Jews.

I see your point that being white is now a "bad" thing in some hyper-elite or online circles, and it is certainly annoying. I will always operate based on the Martin Luther King Jr. line:
"I have a dream that (my children) will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

That's the way I operate and I respect seeing others operate in the same way.

SpectralThundr 01-07-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzkidd (Post 2527633)
I've never given a shit about Overwatch nor the Golden Globes. Nor Jews.

I see your point that being white is now a "bad" thing in some hyper-elite or online circles, and it is certainly annoying. I will always operate based on the Martin Luther King Jr. line:
"I have a dream that (my children) will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

That's the way I operate and I respect seeing others operate in the same way.

Wizz if you think the asault on whites is just in some small circles you haven't been paying attention at all. The way you operate, which is correct and how anyone should be judged, is racist to those on the left. Think about that for a moment.

Hagetaka 01-07-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2527623)
...online aggregate sites (Yahoo) make me sick and websites like Reddit are so anti-white\male\Christian there's no reason to support their ad revenue stream.

Install a pi-hole. Network wide ad blocking.

Wizzkidd 01-07-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2527634)
Wizz if you think the asault on whites is just in some small circles you haven't been paying attention at all. The way you operate, which is correct and how anyone should be judged, is racist to those on the left. Think about that for a moment.

I hear ya, under the Obama admin (which I regretfully voted for) this all started really picking up steam. But in my lifetime living in a Hispanic town as a kid, being in the army with people of all races from all locations, and being married to a girl from Vietnam, I know for a fact that the vast majority of people in the world do not think like the evil people in this "Neo-Racist" era.


The only worrisome thing about them is that they do have influence in pop culture and increasingly in politics. I just have to have faith in the majority of people who just try to make it to the next payday, or the next time they see their family after work, etc. There are far too many "normal" people for this crap to prevail.


I'm sure you'll say otherwise but that's what I think based on my own travels.

SpectralThundr 01-07-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzkidd (Post 2527636)
I hear ya, under the Obama admin (which I regretfully voted for) this all started really picking up steam. But in my lifetime living in a Hispanic town as a kid, being in the army with people of all races from all locations, and being married to a girl from Vietnam, I know for a fact that the vast majority of people in the world do not think like the evil people in this "Neo-Racist" era.


The only worrisome thing about them is that they do have influence in pop culture and increasingly in politics. I just have to have faith in the majority of people who just try to make it to the next payday, or the next time they see their family after work, etc. There are far too many "normal" people for this crap to prevail.


I'm sure you'll say otherwise but that's what I think based on my own travels.

Actually I don't, I agree with you believe it or not. I truly believe a majority are actually waking up.

PatrickRes9 01-07-2019 11:34 PM

Lol is this real? How f-n pointless.

SpectralThundr 01-07-2019 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2527640)
Lol is this real? How f-n pointless.

Doncha know? 2% of the population isn't represented enough in media and movies. Everything needs some LBGTWTFBBQ or it's racist! :rolleyes:

DingBat 01-08-2019 12:32 AM

Who says you can't still tilt at windmills these days?

I get it. I do. As a white male, I can see why many of my fellow white males feel persecuted. And, yes, there are strident voices looking to blame us for just about everything. Assholes abound.

On the other hand...

A couple of weeks ago, the movie The Imitation Game popped up on my recommendation list again, for some reason, on Netflix. I hadn't seen it in a few years so I watched it again (I'm a software engineer by trade, so this is one of my favorite movies).

Anyway, if you haven't watched it, in the end of the movie the main character, Alan Turing, who may well be one of the most brilliant minds of the 20th century (and a white male) was convicted of "sexual deviancy" because he was a homosexual. As a result he was unable to work and was sentenced to chemical castration. He committed suicide a few years later.

He was not alone in being charged as a criminal for his sexual orientation. This is not ancient history. It was 50 years ago.

Thirty years ago, more than a few people believed that AIDS was punishment from God. Some still believe that today. Even today, kids are being sent to gay conversion therapy camps.

The point is: there are people alive today, that you could meet on the streets, who have LIVED through this. It's not history, or theoretical to them. I can safely say that while I may have been annoyed at some of the rhetoric aimed at white males these days, I've never been persecuted. Certainly not with the same definition of "persecution" that some homosexuals have experienced.

So I find it hard to become outraged over gay characters in a game, even if asking why anyone should care about sexual orientation in a game is a fair question (well, except for games like Baldur's Gate and Mass Effect, where its a game in itself). I imagine many of the non-asshole homosexual gamers just simply wouldn't mind some recognition that they actually exist.

If you made it this far, good on you. Hold on a little longer.

Now, did any of you do this to them? No. Some assholes did. So, yeah, we're getting tarred by a broad brush. And God knows some of the things that the more radical in the LGBTQ... movement do are offensive, cynical, and just plain crazy. Assholes abound. Public discourse these days seems to be taken over by assholes screaming at each other.

I don't know what the answer is, frankly. I do think we should ignore more of the assholes more often. Some assholes are certainly worth fighting, but is the addition of a gay character to fiction related to a game really one of those cases?

Thanks for reading.
</windmill-tilting>

SpectralThundr 01-08-2019 12:49 AM

I'm sure you find it hard to be outraged when they're trying to indoctrinate children and push for pedophilia as well, that doesn't make it any less disgusting. If they wanna fuck the same sex, let them, who gives 2 shits? The issue is they have to constantly throw it in everyone's face, LOOK AT US! We're GAY! We're so awesome cuz we're GAY GIVE US YOUR KIDS!" Fuck that noise.

Scherge 01-08-2019 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2527642)
Who says you can't still tilt at windmills these days?

I get it. I do. As a white male, I can see why many of my fellow white males feel persecuted. And, yes, there are strident voices looking to blame us for just about everything. Assholes abound.

On the other hand...

A couple of weeks ago, the movie The Imitation Game popped up on my recommendation list again, for some reason, on Netflix. I hadn't seen it in a few years so I watched it again (I'm a software engineer by trade, so this is one of my favorite movies).

Anyway, if you haven't watched it, in the end of the movie the main character, Alan Turing, who may well be one of the most brilliant minds of the 20th century (and a white male) was convicted of "sexual deviancy" because he was a homosexual. As a result he was unable to work and was sentenced to chemical castration. He committed suicide a few years later.

He was not alone in being charged as a criminal for his sexual orientation. This is not ancient history. It was 50 years ago.

Thirty years ago, more than a few people believed that AIDS was punishment from God. Some still believe that today. Even today, kids are being sent to gay conversion therapy camps.

The point is: there are people alive today, that you could meet on the streets, who have LIVED through this. It's not history, or theoretical to them. I can safely say that while I may have been annoyed at some of the rhetoric aimed at white males these days, I've never been persecuted. Certainly not with the same definition of "persecution" that some homosexuals have experienced.

So I find it hard to become outraged over gay characters in a game, even if asking why anyone should care about sexual orientation in a game is a fair question (well, except for games like Baldur's Gate and Mass Effect, where its a game in itself). I imagine many of the non-asshole homosexual gamers just simply wouldn't mind some recognition that they actually exist.

If you made it this far, good on you. Hold on a little longer.

Now, did any of you do this to them? No. Some assholes did. So, yeah, we're getting tarred by a broad brush. And God knows some of the things that the more radical in the LGBTQ... movement do are offensive, cynical, and just plain crazy. Assholes abound. Public discourse these days seems to be taken over by assholes screaming at each other.

I don't know what the answer is, frankly. I do think we should ignore more of the assholes more often. Some assholes are certainly worth fighting, but is the addition of a gay character to fiction related to a game really one of those cases?

Thanks for reading.
</windmill-tilting>

That was by far the best post/comment I've read on the internet this year so far.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:23 PM.