Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262850)

Jetherik 09-20-2019 08:47 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

With the last 100 degrees day behind us, it is time to think about what to do and what excuses we can come up with to stay inside and play games. What are you playing?

Metal Jesus 09-20-2019 09:05 AM

I'm gonna be playing more Wreckfest (XBOX One), Alienation (PS4) and probably pickup the new Zelda Link's Awakening (Switch) this afternoon.

BalekFekete 09-20-2019 01:06 PM

Will be a mix of Borderlands 3 and the Modern Warfare beta for me.

Evil Avatar 09-20-2019 03:38 PM

I just got the new Max Barry novel, Providence, which will eat up a lot of my weekend. The rest of the time I think I will be playing some Red Dead Redemption 2 and RDR Online.

Ghostblaze 09-20-2019 04:33 PM

Wreckfest for PC
GTA v PC
Thief PC

Inkabodcrane 09-20-2019 05:45 PM

Zelda Link's Awakening (Switch)
Gears 5 (PC)
Borderlands 3 (XB1X)
Madden 20 (XB1X)

Not sure if anything else.

Azrael 09-21-2019 05:43 AM

Borderlands 3, loving the game but its a extension of BL2

BeardedSonOfNel 09-21-2019 06:12 AM

Some Atari 2600.
Demon Attack
Missile Command
Space Invaders
H.E.R.O.
Yars Revenge
River Raid

Misanthropist 09-22-2019 06:41 AM

I am away from home for a few weeks, in Minneapolis Minnesota, playing my vita - Darius burst chronicle savior, odin sphere, and muramasas rebirth. i found an awesome little pinbar nearby that had a fantastic collection of jersey jack machines and some other rarities.

BeardedSonOfNel 09-22-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misanthropist (Post 2544648)
I am away from home for a few weeks, in Minneapolis Minnesota, playing my vita - Darius burst chronicle savior, odin sphere, and muramasas rebirth. i found an awesome little pinbar nearby that had a fantastic collection of jersey jack machines and some other rarities.

The Twin Cities has a few nice arcades/pinball/bars.

Mad Max RW 09-22-2019 12:50 PM

Finally completed the two Quake 1 expansion packs and loved it. I've been putting them off all these years and never realized the cool shit I missed. Pretty advanced level design and morphing environments. Also the finale versus a dragon was unexpected. It felt like a lot of stuff was borrowed from Hexen. I'm about to enter the rabbit hole of fan made expansions after Arcane Dimensions.

vallor 09-22-2019 02:02 PM

I've spent most of the weekend playing the RTS/Rogue-like/Tower Defense "Conan Unconquered" which was free to play on Steam this weekend.

I've wanted to try it out for a bit, especially co-op, but was a little wary because the User Reviews (hear that Epic Store?) were mixed and I'd heard terrible things about the difficulty.

The stories of the difficulty are true, it is a ball buster on Co-op where you don't have the ability to change the difficulty (though there are some toggles to make it a smidgen easier).

The rogue-like elements are things like "build this many blah and it will enhance those blah in future games." Like building the craftsman hut 10 times unlocks and achievement which gives all future buildings of that facility a 20% health increase.

Same with units and walls and other things.

Overall, I will buy it for the $14 sale price this weekend because my friend and I played for at least 20 hours, but I am not sure how much more play it might get. But I got at least that much worth.

PatrickRes9 09-22-2019 02:29 PM

Zelda: Links Awakening switch
Fire emblem three houses switch
Far cry 5 PC

BeardedSonOfNel 09-22-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2544658)
Finally completed the two Quake 1 expansion packs and loved it. I've been putting them off all these years and never realized the cool shit I missed. Pretty advanced level design and morphing environments. Also the finale versus a dragon was unexpected. It felt like a lot of stuff was borrowed from Hexen. I'm about to enter the rabbit hole of fan made expansions after Arcane Dimensions.

That's pretty cool. Sounds like a blast.

Evil Avatar 09-22-2019 09:03 PM

Played a bunch of Red Dead Online. So far, they have done nothing to stop people from trolling you by killing you over and over again. I thought I read about all these plans about bounties, etc. and I see nothing in the game that keeps you from killing someone, then just riding back up and killing them over and over again until one of you gets bored and quits. A shame, I thought they were going to be working on this one.

I also found that there wasn't much to do. Stealing wagons or killing several dudes seems to be about the extent of the missions and the "story" missions are few and far between.

It has a long way to go to be something worthwhile. After a bit, I went back to the single player game where at least there was dinosaur bones to discover and Legendary creatures to hunt. I killed the albino aligator, it was super easy to kill with the shotgun and gives you some crazy-good outfits.

It was kind of a relaxing weekend that way, as some other people pointed out the pace of RDR is really slow since you spend like half your time just riding from one place to another.