Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Last of Us Part II Arrives on February 21, 2020 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262924)

Evil Avatar 09-24-2019 06:11 PM

The Last of Us Part II Arrives on February 21, 2020

Quote:

We have a bunch of new stuff to share with you today… starting with the fact that on February 21, 2020 the Last of Us Part II can finally be in your hands.

We began working on this game over five years ago. It’s hard to describe the immense pressure of following up the first game. We know how much you love this world and its characters — especially Ellie and Joel. Believe me, we’re fans as well. We love them. Which is why we spent years crafting a game that we feel will do them justice, telling a nuanced story that deals with the core question: how far would you go to exact justice against the people that hurt the ones you love? It’s a highly emotional story with complex themes that befit the world of The Last of Us. What we realized pretty early on is that we were putting together Naughty Dog’s most ambitious and longest game in our 35 year history. To tell this kind of story the game needed to be massive. Without spoiling too much, at the top of this post you can watch the brand-new trailer that we debuted earlier today on State of Play, which just scratches the surface of what the game has in store.

Alongside the trailer, we’re thrilled to reveal the various editions of the game, including The Last of Us Part II Standard Edition ($59.99 USD MSRP/ $79.99 CAD MSRP), Special Edition ($79.99 USD MSRP/ $99.99 CAD MSRP), Digital Deluxe Edition, Collector’s Edition, and Ellie Edition. In collaboration with PlayStation, we worked hard to make sure these versions would be truly special by including content and items drawn from the game and its characters.
PlayStation Blog.

Evil Avatar 09-24-2019 06:11 PM

tigerfan814 09-24-2019 09:44 PM

Really looking forward to 2/21/20. Hoping it can capture the same intensity of the first TLOU. Really looking great!

ministryofwrath 09-25-2019 01:50 AM

From the cure to the virus that destroyed the world... to vengeance lesbians?

The scope of this games story sure better be more than this....

Graphically and gameplay wise it looks brilliant though

Inkabodcrane 09-25-2019 01:52 AM

I wish the main character was still Joel. I really liked his father-figure dynamic with Ellie, and he was a badass hero by the end. I liked Ellie just fine, but because of the way she played off of Joel.

It's like if in Uncharted 2 you no longer played as Nathan and instead played as Elena. It just loses a little something.

But the gameplay and graphics look awesome.

Juan 09-25-2019 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ministryofwrath (Post 2544898)
From the cure to the virus that destroyed the world... to vengeance lesbians?

The scope of this games story sure better be more than this....

Graphically and gameplay wise it looks brilliant though

Don't we all love a good revenge story? If the script is good and the antagonist is built up well then it could be amazing.

PatrickRes9 09-25-2019 08:00 AM

Will probably rock. Game looks outstanding.

Oddmaker 09-25-2019 11:17 AM

I was hoping for this year, rumours were it was for Christmas, seems they pushed it longer :(

Terran 09-25-2019 01:12 PM

Looks like Lesbian Zombie RDR2. Yawn.

vallor 09-25-2019 03:39 PM

I should probably play the first one. I got it for free with my PS/4, too bad that thing has been packed up for almost 4 months...

ElektroDragon 09-26-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane (Post 2544900)
I wish the main character was still Joel. I really liked his father-figure dynamic with Ellie, and he was a badass hero by the end..

Same here... but identity politics in the studio had to come along and turn the game into a parade of misandry where a woman-loving woman heroine mostly goes around killing "bad men" and a few mushroomheads. :rolleyes:

Needless to say, not playing it out of protest for the designer's white knight SJW stances.

timmyd 09-26-2019 01:39 PM

Game promotional materials that show just a characters face are a harbinger of doom.

Chief Smash 09-30-2019 04:12 AM

I know everyone says that the first game was a must play and I do own a PS4. But I cannot bring myself to even care enough to try it out.

PacerDawn 09-30-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2544953)
I should probably play the first one. I got it for free with my PS/4, too bad that thing has been packed up for almost 4 months...

Everyone PS4 owner with PS+ is getting it for "free" tomorrow (Tue, 10/1). I may download and play it again, it was pretty good when I played it on the PS3.

BeardedSonOfNel 09-30-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2545190)
I know everyone says that the first game was a must play and I do own a PS4. But I cannot bring myself to even care enough to try it out.

It's a good game, and well worth your time. I bought my PS3 for the Uncharted series, but this was a nice surprise for a game. The opening will suck you into the story right away, and the gameplay is great.

PatrickRes9 09-30-2019 07:05 PM

It's a good game....

....for SJW propaganda!

SpectralThundr 09-30-2019 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2545190)

If by good game they mean one of the most overrated action games on the last console cycle, than yeah. The ending is shit unfortunately though.

vallor 09-30-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2545227)
If by good game they mean one of the most overrated action games on the last console cycle, than yeah. The ending is shit unfortunately though.

Last 2 console cycles. Remember, it came out on PS3 first.