Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Limited Edition Death Stranding PS4 Pro Announced (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262925)

Evil Avatar 09-24-2019 06:16 PM

Limited Edition Death Stranding PS4 Pro Announced

Quote:

As we eagerly await the launch of Death Stranding on November 8, we’re thrilled to reveal a new Limited Edition PS4 Pro Bundle featuring a custom design that will be launching alongside the game.

The Limited Edition Death Stranding PS4 Pro Bundle includes a custom 1TB PS4 Pro system, as well as a custom DualShock 4 wireless controller, and the Death Stranding game on Blu-ray Disc.

Inspired by the game, this new Limited Edition PS4 Pro features a white matte finish, with two BT handprints that form the shapes of the world’s continents. Sure to bring an otherworldly feel to your home entertainment setup, the bundle also includes an orange translucent DualShock 4 wireless controller that is the same color as the game’s BB Pod. Throughout the game, you can gently rock the controller to emulate holding the BB pod in your own hands.

Using PS4 Pro, 4K TV owners can enjoy an enhanced Death Stranding experience with dynamic 4K resolution achieved through 4K checkerboard, while HD TV owners will benefit from increased image clarity through supersampling. Players with HDR displays can also experience the game in high dynamic range color, which provides a brighter and wider range of color detail for a more vibrant image overall.

The Limited Edition Death Stranding PS4 Pro Bundle will be available across select US and CAN retailers for $399.99 USD (MSRP) / $499.99 CAD (MSRP) on November 8, 2019. So get ready to explore the world of Death Stranding, and save mankind from impending annihilation with this new custom designed PS4 Pro system this fall.
PlayStation Blog.

brandonjclark 09-24-2019 06:20 PM

Anyone close to this one?

Is it supposedly good?

This is the definition of a system seller to me.

Scherge 09-25-2019 01:04 AM

I'm personally not interested in the game (well, I'm not interested in buying the game - I am interested in seeing how it'll all turn out), but I know many people who are very keen on it. That said, that is one ugly console design! Even just the original logo with the dripping font would have been preferable...

Inkabodcrane 09-25-2019 01:44 AM

This is a wait and see game for me also. I've heard there are hours of cutscenes, some that are over 30 minutes long! I don't know if I can hang with that; maybe if I'm in the right mood. I'm sure I'll get it some day out of curiosity, but I'm not at the edge of my seat by any means.

ministryofwrath 09-25-2019 01:51 AM

My issue is I don't have a ps4 pro... and I plan to get this game.

I'm debating if I should buy a new one, potentially this model.

Is the pro worth it?

Scherge 09-25-2019 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ministryofwrath (Post 2544899)
My issue is I don't have a ps4 pro... and I plan to get this game.

I'm debating if I should buy a new one, potentially this model.

Is the pro worth it?

I'd say it's a no-brainer if you're interested in VR or want to output to a 4K TV. Otherwise... eh. I'd probably hold out for the PS5 in a year - especially if the promises about backwards-compatibility are confirmed. I don't regret buying my Pro, but I don't see a big difference to the launch model. And if you were a frames-per-second fetishist, you'd probably play on PC anyway.

Juan 09-25-2019 06:10 AM

The game looks shit

Evil Avatar 09-25-2019 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scherge (Post 2544908)
I'd say it's a no-brainer if you're interested in VR or want to output to a 4K TV. Otherwise... eh. I'd probably hold out for the PS5 in a year - especially if the promises about backwards-compatibility are confirmed. I don't regret buying my Pro, but I don't see a big difference to the launch model. And if you were a frames-per-second fetishist, you'd probably play on PC anyway.

As a huge PS4 fanboy (and new Xbox One X owner!) I have to agree that the smart move here is to wait for the PS5. That Death Stranding Pro is pretty awesome, but it will end up costing you like $400 in February and the PS5 will probably come out in October for $499.

Unless you REALLY want to start catching up on PS4 games, it would be smarter to wait.

Now, this is coming from the guy who just bought a second console to play Gears of War 5. HaHa. I guess I'm not much of a wait-and-see person.

PatrickRes9 09-25-2019 07:59 AM

Im really curious how death stranding turns out. From what I've seen it looks like little more than a story driven walking/stealth simulator. Seems pretty lacking from a gameplay standpoint. But we'll see. As for the console, it wouldn't be for me. I prefer my consoles to look more like an electronic device, rather than a child's toy just because it blends better in my living room. Just from an aesthetic standpoint. The design itself is mostly fine, it just wouldn't go well with the rest of the room.

Vulture 09-25-2019 10:31 AM

Wait for the PS5, knowing the Japanese's worship of Kojima, will have a PS5 custom version for the game again. (all in 2020).

vallor 09-25-2019 04:12 PM

Two things make me stay away from this offer.

1) The aforementioned PS/5 which is inevitable next year
2) The weird thing about rocking the controller to rock the BB Pod? That seems a little too meta and creepy to me.