Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Game & Movie Releases for the week of May 13th to May 19th (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253461)

Evil Avatar 05-14-2018 08:24 AM

Game & Movie Releases for the week of May 13th to May 19th

Game & Movie Releases for the week of May 13th to May 19th, 2018.

Retail Games
State of Decay 2 Ultimate Edition (Xbox One)
Hitman: Definitive Edition (Xbox One)

Movies & TV
Black Panther
Rick and Morty: Season 3
The Wizard
Samson
The Return of the Swamp Thing
The It's Alive Trilogy
Submergence
The Forgiven
Bleach: Set 4
Two Thousand Maniacs!
Eldlive: The Complete Series
Tsukigakirei: The Complete Series

Box Office
Deadpool 2
Book Club
Show Dogs

Who has their Deadpool 2 tickets?

NightRain 05-14-2018 08:25 AM

I have high hopes for State of Decay 2. Plus it is included with Game Pass so I don't even need to buy it.

Evil Avatar 05-14-2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightRain (Post 2512304)
I have high hopes for State of Decay 2. Plus it is included with Game Pass so I don't even need to buy it.

Game Pass is just killing their sales though. They barely sold any copies of Sea of Thieves as a result. I would be a little miffed if I was Rare or Undead Labs because you will never meet your target sales goals for your bonus while they are giving away your game to half a million people.

Mad Max RW 05-14-2018 09:41 AM

Word of mouth killed Sea of Thieves.

LostToys 05-14-2018 10:41 AM

I may get State of Decay 2 (PC) depending on the reviews and will likely see Deadpool this weekend. May Avengers: Infinity War, depending on which one is less busy and I can get tickets for it using Moviepass.

ElektroDragon 05-14-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2512314)
Game Pass is just killing their sales though. They barely sold any copies of Sea of Thieves as a result. I would be a little miffed if I was Rare or Undead Labs because you will never meet your target sales goals for your bonus while they are giving away your game to half a million people.

State of Decaying Poo and Sea of Sameness didn't lose sales because they ended up on GamePass. They ended up on GamePass because Microsoft realized they were total duds no one would give a rat's ass about.

Booda 05-14-2018 09:04 PM

Love him or hate him, at least von Trier has the balls to keep cinema interesting.

Mass Walkouts for ‘Vomitive,’ ‘Torturous’ Lars von Trier Serial Killer Movie ‘The House That Jack Built’

vallor 05-15-2018 12:11 AM

Deadpool 2 on Saturday! Can't wait.

Chimpbot 05-15-2018 05:29 AM

For those who may be interested, Dragon's Crown Pro is out today, too.

Evil Avatar 05-15-2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2512377)
Love him or hate him, at least von Trier has the balls to keep cinema interesting.

Mass Walkouts for ‘Vomitive,’ ‘Torturous’ Lars von Trier Serial Killer Movie ‘The House That Jack Built’

Looks pretty good to me. From what I see, the big holdup is that he kills kids? Um... there are like thousands and thousands of movies where the main plot is that some serial killer has kidnapped a kid or killed some kids and now people are getting all high and mighty because this director actually shows you some of that violence on the screen? That's pretty hypocritical.

I'm not saying I actually want to see that, it seems a bit on the gruesome side even for a horror movie fan, I'm just saying that violence against children is a central plot point for tons of movies.

Mad Max RW 05-15-2018 07:52 AM

Anyone else watch the 10 episode Lost in Space reboot on Netflix? It's a solid C+. There's a lot of dopey stuff and very predictable moments. The only actor to consistently bother me was the mother and the bullshit obviously feminist inspired writing surrounding the relationship with her soldier husband. It was unfair and she was constantly fucking up, but everyone else had to apologize to her for some reason. The father was good, Will Robinson was good, Don West was really good, and I even liked the new robot. Their new take on Dr. Smith grew on me and by the end it's clear she is a mentally disturbed sociopath. Trying to figure out her motivations is pointless and frustrating. She's just a crazy bitch. Overall I enjoyed it enough to watch a second season if it happens. It had a lot of the same vibes as the early 90s show Earth 2, for anyone who remembers that one.

Evil Avatar 05-15-2018 08:34 AM

I didn't care for it. I thought it was kinda dull and the robot looked like nothing special. I mean, the price was right so I'll watch a second season if they do one, but I was hoping for a lot more.

Evil Avatar 05-15-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2512397)
For those who may be interested, Dragon's Crown Pro is out today, too.

Oh, I thought that was already out. I've had it for a couple of weeks.

Wizzkidd 05-15-2018 05:48 PM

I don't know if I want State of Decay 2, I couldn't get into the first one. But I know people who loved it. I don't want Gamepass because I like to own games, so basically I'm undecided on it. Still enjoying Far Cry 5, looking forward to the DLC. It may be the first game this generation that I get all the achievements for!

I'll see Deadpool 2 on Monday, avoiding the crowds.

I watched a movie last night that came out a couple days ago digitally, named "Revenge."

It was crazy as hell, I have to recommend it if you like R rated horror/action/revenge films.

JazGalaxy 05-16-2018 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2512409)
Looks pretty good to me. From what I see, the big holdup is that he kills kids? Um... there are like thousands and thousands of movies where the main plot is that some serial killer has kidnapped a kid or killed some kids and now people are getting all high and mighty because this director actually shows you some of that violence on the screen? That's pretty hypocritical.

I'm not saying I actually want to see that, it seems a bit on the gruesome side even for a horror movie fan, I'm just saying that violence against children is a central plot point for tons of movies.

As is usually the case, i dont understand the weird arbitrary line between fictional violence against adults verses fictional violence against children. If youre okay with fake because its fake... what does it matter who the fake recipiet of violence is? Its just as fake.

My only concern would be the cety real actir who has tobact out those scenarios. If the are legitimately underage and are legitinateky having to go through adult situations than that is a problem. But just the idea of it? Why is that an arbitrary line?

Evil Avatar 05-16-2018 04:05 AM

And keep in mind that the entire plot to season 1 of SyFy’s Happy is children being kidnapped to be sold as sex slaves to billionaires. So, there is that.

Terran 05-17-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2512303)
Who has their Deadpool 2 tickets?

Just got back. Starts a bit slow/muddled, but gets quite good. Really enjoyed it. Stay through the end credits!

Evil Avatar 05-17-2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2512594)
Just got back. Starts a bit slow/muddled, but gets quite good. Really enjoyed it. Stay through the end credits!

We always do. It is funny that the expectation now on most movies is that there is an end credits scene.