Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Sonic Trailer Debuts - Still Pretty Much Looks like Ass #Sonic (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263825)

Evil Avatar 11-12-2019 08:45 AM

New Sonic Trailer Debuts - Still Pretty Much Looks like Ass #Sonic

Quote:

Sonic The Hedgehog is speeding to theatres for a big screen adventure for the whole family! Watch the new #SonicMovie trailer now, and #CatchSonic in theatres February 14!

Based on the global blockbuster videogame franchise from Sega, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG tells the story of the world’s speediest hedgehog as he embraces his new home on Earth. In this live-action adventure comedy, Sonic and his new best friend Tom (James Marsden) team up to defend the planet from the evil genius Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) and his plans for world domination. The family-friendly film also stars Tika Sumpter and Ben Schwartz as the voice of Sonic.
Sonic does look better, but the rest of the film still looks just as bad as it did before. Stephen King was right, you can't polish a turd.

Evil Avatar 11-12-2019 08:45 AM

BadIronTree 11-12-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

you can't polish a turd.
EA tries every year :P

tigerfan814 11-12-2019 02:14 PM

Seems to me that Pixar and Dreamworks are going to have to step there game! Sonic will definitely be a major threat. =-D

karaliusbronius 11-12-2019 03:00 PM

It does look better. I'm glad they made the change.

Chimpbot 11-12-2019 07:02 PM

I'm sure this movie will still be bad...but damn it, they're trying. I'll probably go see it, just because of the effort they made.

Plus, it's an excuse to get drunk at a restaurant before the movie.

Azrael 11-12-2019 10:05 PM

I remember watching the first trailer thinking it looked like shit, watched this one and thought 'yeah pretty good job'

They should be praised for taking on the community feedback and making the changes

Still think it'll be a very average film, but at least its more visually pleasing

ministryofwrath 11-13-2019 02:52 AM

Vote with your wallets.

buy a copy of joker and sonic.

Scherge 11-13-2019 05:22 AM

I can't help but become suspicious whenever a company gets something obvious totally wrong, then promises to do better and finally presents a result they should have achieved in the first place. They inevitably get lauded for it, and other, less glaring shortcomings of their product get graciously (and conveniently) overlooked. It happens all the time, and I don't believe it.

That said, the new trailer makes the Sonic movie look acceptable - watchable, even. Strangely, Jim Carrey is the weakest link for me now, and I really liked him in the initial trailer... :confused:

ElektroDragon 11-13-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karaliusbronius (Post 2547945)
It does look better. I'm glad they made the change.

Yes, it looks way better and trailer was fine, Carrey was hllarious. Just his look was off and now it isn't. I'm taking my kid to see in this in the theater, screw the haters, they are probably Nintendo fans!! :D