Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Action RPG Moonlighter Launches for PS4, Xbox One and PC on May 29th (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252830)

Evil Avatar 04-10-2018 08:59 AM

Action RPG Moonlighter Launches for PS4, Xbox One and PC on May 29th

Quote:

Action-RPG Moonlighter Launches to PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 on 29th of May, 2018!

Moonlighter is an Action RPG with rogue-lite elements following the everyday routines of Will, an adventurous shopkeeper that dreams of becoming a hero. Game launches to PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 on May 29th, 2018 for $19.99 USD in digital and equivalent in other currencies!

Nintendo Switch version is coming in the future as well!

Heading towards Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4, Moonlighter will be available in digital stores Windows Store, Xbox Store, PlayStation Store, Steam, GOG and other major platforms as well as in retail with both standard edition and limited Signature Edition. Containing a double-sided Medallion from the game, the Signature Edition also includes a glossy artwork poster and a squishy Jelly-Monster that you can repeatedly squeeze all while thinking about how to economically outsmart other merchants in the village of Rynoka.

Moonlighter is developed by Digital Sun Games and published by 11 bit studios.
moonlighterthegame.com

Evil Avatar 04-10-2018 08:59 AM

Chief Smash 04-10-2018 09:44 AM

Pardon the Nintendo Defense Force blasphemy but it looks like a better Zelda than Breath of the Wild.

ElektroDragon 04-10-2018 10:55 AM

Can you please add "WARNING: Pixelated 8-bit wannabe" in articles for games like this so you don't get everyone's hopes up? :D

ElektroDragon 04-10-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2510222)
Pardon the Nintendo Defense Force blasphemy but it looks like a better Zelda than Breath of the Wild.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAH!!!!! I especially love how you said "looks" better. Zelda is untouchable. And I'm not a NDF member.

Chimpbot 04-10-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Meh. You can't really compare it to BotW, because this looks like it plays more like the older Zelda titles. They're two different beasts, really.

With that being said, it looks pretty good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2510227)
Can you please add "WARNING: Pixelated 8-bit wannabe" in articles for games like this so you don't get everyone's hopes up? :D

Yeah...nothing about this is "8-bit". They may be using sprites and pixel art, but this looks pretty damn good. The animation is super smooth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2510228)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAH!!!!! I especially love how you said "looks" better. Zelda is untouchable. And I'm not a NDF member.

It's not like he can definitively state it, after all. All we have to go on is what it "looks like" based on the trailer.

SpectralThundr 04-10-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2510228)

Zelda's visuals are ass. Sorry.

Chief Smash 04-10-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2510233)
Meh. You can't really compare it to BotW, because this looks like it plays more like the older Zelda titles. They're two different beasts, really.

Yeah that was sort of my point. BOTW was very good but it didn't feel like a Zelda game to me. I like the old 2D style of Zelda much better. The only 3D Zelda I truly loved was Wind Waker.

Chimpbot 04-10-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2510239)
Yeah that was sort of my point. BOTW was very good but it didn't feel like a Zelda game to me. I like the old 2D style of Zelda much better. The only 3D Zelda I truly loved was Wind Waker.

Okay, gotcha. I can definitely see what you mean.
This does look like it's going to be a pretty good game...based on the trailer, at least.

PatrickRes9 04-10-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

HOLD my FRICKEN FRACKIN fricken FRACKIN ******* beer right now. Hold my beer!!

Listen Chief...

...oh. Yah fair point. Looks more like "classic Zelda" than BotW for sure. Looks interesting in fact. Might get this. I've seen a lot of really well done A Link to the Past "clones" pop up lately. Great game to imitate and improve on.

PatrickRes9 04-10-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2510234)
Zelda's visuals are ass. Sorry.

Too late for salt - it already won all the GOTY awards