Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254347)

Jetherik 06-29-2018 08:31 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Another summer weekend before a mid-week vacation day. What are you playing?

alienchild 06-29-2018 09:28 AM

Faerie Solitaire Remastered (yes, really! It is awesome), Half-Life 2 Episode Two and Dishonored. Just finished Dead Space 2 for the second time.

Booda 06-29-2018 10:12 AM

Second run through Bioshock. First time I've played it since 2007.

BeardedSonOfNel 06-29-2018 01:13 PM

My favorite game over the last two weekends has been "Trying to build a C-64 Game", and I think I'll continue with more of that this weekend.

Blog 06-29-2018 01:22 PM

Busy time of gaming for me. I have a month off before my new job starts in late July to I'm diving back into some of my old favorites.

Restarted Fallout 4. I really hated the settlements and the hassle they brought to the game so I'm completely ignoring them this time around. I'm having a lot more fun with it than I did on launch.

Prey Mooncrash DLC is amazing. Prey was easily my favorite game of 2017, so more of it with 5 new and unique playable characters is just what the doctor ordered.

Mass Effect. I picked up Andromeda on sale for $5 but I just couldn't get into it, so I punted back to the original that started it all. Add in some high res texture mods and a fix for the FOV and it's still very playable even after all this time.

Doing my fourth run through on The Surge. I know it got some poor reviews, but I prefer it over any of the Souls games.

dirtbag 06-29-2018 05:41 PM

Bf5 alpha -the hardest thing is getting used to no spamming Q to spot people

LostToys 06-29-2018 07:00 PM

One of my favorite Origin names was "MashQ". Gonna be said that Q is even more useless than it was in Battlefield 1.

Mad Max RW 06-30-2018 08:23 AM

Jumping between my second playthrough of Witcher 3 on New Game + mode and Project Brutality (advanced version of Brutal Doom mod for Classic Doom) with the surprisingly awesome Ultimate Doom 2 wad. Years ago someone remade Doom 2. The levels are similar, yet much larger and harder. They also make more sense thematically being on Earth. Adding Project Brutality is perfect.

Meeks 06-30-2018 10:22 AM

Playing around with the new Overwatch hero, Hammond. I can see how he could be pretty devastating in experienced hands.

Emabulator 06-30-2018 11:07 AM

The Crew 2 and WoW.

BeardedSonOfNel 07-01-2018 03:15 PM

I fired up Zork I on my C-64 today. I ended up running to the dollar store to grab some graph paper, so I could map it properly :)

Wizzkidd 07-01-2018 05:39 PM

Mostly The Crew 2. Was planning to get back into Ghost Recon Wildlands but Crew 2 is pretty fun.

Evil Avatar 07-02-2018 04:55 AM

Fortnite!!! I got my account banned in Heroes of the Storm again, so I defaulted to Fortnite’s Save the World mode. I used the Vbucks I had stored up to buy the Pass for the Battle Royale, but I will never end up using that stuff until they release some other multiplayer mode later.

I made some good progress in the quests and expanded my second Fort. It almost got crushed because all the enemies came from the side with no defenses, but the other players helped out and saved it from any serious damage.

Evil Avatar 07-02-2018 04:58 AM

As a point about how dumb Battle Royale is, I played one match and got killed the second I hit the ground by someone with a shotgun. So, before I have literally had even 5 seconds to look for a weapon, I was dead. People really play that shit?

Booda 07-02-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2516184)
As a point about how dumb Battle Royale is, I played one match and got killed the second I hit the ground by someone with a shotgun. So, before I have literally had even 5 seconds to look for a weapon, I was dead. People really play that shit?

No, no, no... you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to be spending those Vbucks, not actually trying to do something in game. That's how you successfully "play" Fortnite BR.