Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PCGamesN: The Best Free PC Games (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254373)

Emabulator 07-01-2018 12:54 PM

PCGamesN: The Best Free PC Games

TERA, Realm Royale, ArcheAge, Skyforge, Trove and more. PCGamesN has the story.

Quote:

TERA has been a mainstay in the MMO stable for many years, and with good reason. Rejecting traditional point-and-click combat, TERA is an all-out actioner that draws from games like Devil May Cry. If that fact doesn’t grab your attention, perhaps its new event server will. Manahan is an alternate reality where level progression is quicker, dungeons are tougher, battlegrounds are switched up, and special changes are added to pretty much everything. Regardless of if you are a new or returning player, TERA’s most recent update has something for everyone.
Read on.

DarkestHour00 07-02-2018 09:51 AM

Glad to see EVE: Online make the list. A while back the developer made some changes to the free-to-play system and unlocked a ton of stuff that was previously locked behind a paywall. I pay the premium fee on all three of my accounts, but the current free-to-play model is still a great way to enjoy the game.

ElektroDragon 07-02-2018 02:59 PM

Have yet to enjoy a single "free to play" PC or console game aside from brief stints with Path of Exile and Hearthstone.

Grumsh 07-02-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2516206)
Have yet to enjoy a single "free to play" PC or console game aside from brief stints with Path of Exile and Hearthstone.

I have been enjoying Elder Scrolls online for almost 2 years now. Granted I subscribe to the monthly but I hear the FTP is well done.

Evil Avatar 07-03-2018 03:40 AM

It turns out Elder Scrolls isn’t free on the PS4. I probably wouldn’t play it that much anyway. I am sticking with Fortnite for a while, though I do think that despite the toxic asshats in the Ranked mode, that Heroes of the Storm is the best fee game I have ever played.

I only have about $20 into it after 3 years of playing and I have more than enough mounts, skins and Heroes. I just used gold to buy a Hero on Friday, before I got locked out again. LOL.

AlfredT 07-03-2018 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumsh (Post 2516214)
I have been enjoying Elder Scrolls online for almost 2 years now. Granted I subscribe to the monthly but I hear the FTP is well done.

ESO is one time purchase (not including DLC) with an optional sub. So I don't think it qualifies technically as f2p.

Exodus 07-03-2018 08:10 AM

Correction. It has revelations online in the list. HAH.

MadMurdock_0311 07-03-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2516206)

I have tried so many times to get into POE because it's free, and because it's reminiscent of the (good) Diablo games. I'll play it for a couple hours every few months to a year, but it never gets me into that mood of "Oh man, can't wait till I have some free time to play PoE!"