Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Monster Hunter: World Arrives August 9th on Steam! (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254538)

Evil Avatar 07-10-2018 09:56 PM

Monster Hunter: World Arrives August 9th on Steam!

Quote:

The wait for the critically-acclaimed Monster Hunter: World on PC is almost over! Originally planned for Fall 2018, Capcom has now confirmed it will be arriving on August 9th, 2018. The title that released for consoles earlier this year has since gone on to become Capcom’s best-selling game in company history with over 8 million units shipped globally. In this entry, players take on larger than life monsters in a variety of vast, living, breathing ecosystems either solo or with up to three other hunters via online co-op, complete with drop-in functionality, a first for the series. A new trailer has been released today to mark the upcoming PC release which can be downloaded here.

In Monster Hunter: World, follow the journey of the elder dragons as they begin their once a decade migration across the sea to a land known as the New World in an event referred to by inhabitants as the Elder Crossing. As part of the Guild’s Research Commission, players must embark on a grand journey to this massive, mysterious land and uncover the secrets behind this phenomenon. As hunters set out on their quests, the Commission’s sights are set on Zorah Magdaros, a colossal elder dragon that rises from the earth like a volcano.

Future updates will add new content and gameplay features. Updates and fixes made in other platform versions will be gradually applied to the PC version. The Event Quest schedule will differ from other platforms so fans should stay tuned to official Capcom channels for more details on additional content release dates.

Evil Avatar 07-10-2018 09:57 PM

Full PC specs are as follows:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1761/4...3900f211_o.jpg

Mozain 07-10-2018 10:06 PM

Been waiting a long time for this...

ministryofwrath 07-10-2018 11:06 PM

hearing that they're charging more than the console version for the pc version is madness.

And the graphics look outdated already, I've wanted this a long time, but I find my self walking away from it, price and badly aged graphics on a game I'm not sure I'll even like, I'll watch and see reviews.

BeardedSonOfNel 07-11-2018 05:17 AM

The voice acting alone is enough for me to stay away from this game!

Mozain 07-11-2018 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ministryofwrath (Post 2516711)
hearing that they're charging more than the console version for the pc version is madness.

I don't think that's true? At least not in Canada anyways. Seems to be about right in line, well actually slightly cheaper. Most new releases are $80, and this is $74.99.

But, who pays retail price on PC games anyways? GMG has it for 27% off with a voucher until the 17th.

Or do you just mean more than you can pick it up new on console? Cause then... Yah. But there was no way they were going to release it at like $25 CAD.

EL CABONG 07-11-2018 07:00 AM

I picked it up on sale on green man. Played the beta on PS4 last winter. Enjoyed the beta. I been waiting for pc version since.

EGO 07-11-2018 09:34 AM

I would care about this if I didn't already have the definitive version on X1X.

Mozain 07-11-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EGO (Post 2516757)
I would care about this if I didn't already have the definitive version on X1X.

Everything I've read about the game for the X1X is that it can't even keep a stable 60fps.

Not sure how that can be the "definitive" version if true.

MadMurdock_0311 07-11-2018 01:42 PM

I tried to get into Monster Hunter on PS4 and it just never grabbed me. I think it was too in depth for my tastes. As I get older, it's harder for me to be deeply engaged in a game; I want something I can pick up on, within 15 minutes of play, and just unwind from there on.

I can play WoW because I started that game in its Beta phase, so it's entirely familiar to me. Outside of that game, I just want simplicity.

EGO 07-12-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozain (Post 2516778)
Everything I've read about the game for the X1X is that it can't even keep a stable 60fps.

Not sure how that can be the "definitive" version if true.

Well, not sure what you're "read", but I know what I "play" and it is.

Mozain 07-12-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EGO (Post 2516846)
Well, not sure what you're "read", but I know what I "play" and it is.

You'll forgive me if I can't just take the word of a random off the internet when actual evidence points elsewhere.

Perhaps they've patched it to a degree where it can? But I've never seen mention of that.

Feel free to link it though ^_^