Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bluehole and Sony are Discussing Bringing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds to PS4 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248752)

Emabulator 10-01-2017 07:53 PM

Bluehole and Sony are Discussing Bringing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds to PS4

Destructoid has the story.

Quote:

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is an unprecedented success. The popular battle-royale style game came out of nowhere back in March of this year, and has since taken the industry by storm, with over 13 million purchases, and the highest concurrent player record on Steam yet.

There's a version of PUBG coming to Xbox One later this year, and the game will depart from early access sometime in 2018, finally getting a proper release on PC, but there's something else lying in wait for PUBG: a potential version of the game on this generation's best-selling console, the PlayStation 4.

In a recent feature with Bloomberg, Chang Byung-gyu, Bluhole's founder, said that his company is in talks with "all of the major console companies about bringing PUBG to a broader audience." He mentions the Xbox version that will be launching later this year, and specifically states that Bluehole and Sony are thinking about a release for the PS4 after that.

reborn2603 10-02-2017 06:28 AM

I've got about 150 hours into the game on PC and would have loved to play it on PS4, not sure I'm going to pay another $30 (if the price stays the same) just to play it on a controller.

ministryofwrath 10-02-2017 06:30 AM

Careful blueHole, you broke your word twice.

don`t make the mistake of porting a unfinished game.

Get out of early acess then get greedy.

Demo_Boy 10-02-2017 08:04 AM

I think this flops on console. Console bros want better graphics for their gameplay. And less aim requirements.

I think Fortnite does gangbusters on console for the same game mode: nice theme, Battle Royale mode already shipped on console, and free to play.

Augustgold 10-02-2017 09:33 AM

The game is poorly optimized and not finished I don't think this game will ever keep up if they have people developing an unfinished game for both console and pc.

Exodus 10-02-2017 02:38 PM

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that the most successful game currently is developing at a pace only outpaced by duke nukem forever. What the fuck are they doing?

If it takes an entire year for us to get new features they are in big fucking trouble.

Terran 10-02-2017 02:56 PM

If you're going to play an unfinished game and pay to do so, you really have nobody to blame but yourself for being frustrated that it's unfinished. Why would you do that? You wreak havoc on the industry by rewarding that kind of approach. Stop it.

Emabulator 10-02-2017 05:34 PM

PUBG gets over 15,000 negative reviews in a day thanks to an in-game ad for a VPN in China

ministryofwrath 10-03-2017 09:31 AM

Rightfully so, I live in china, when I saw that I was furious.

they take paid funding for that rather than fixing it or providing a server for people in china, what the hell is wrong with them.

Rommel 10-03-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ministryofwrath (Post 2494358)
Rightfully so, I live in china, when I saw that I was furious.

they take paid funding for that rather than fixing it or providing a server for people in china, what the hell is wrong with them.

We should fuck.

blackzc 10-12-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2494359)
We should fuck.

Rommel: Most definitely, no fap. :D